+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares on BBCAmerica

Re: Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares on BBCAmerica

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2475195;
    Good episode, I could not believe the food combinations they had. YECK! I did check the La Parra de Burriana website and it appears they have done a great turnaround. The menu looks great also.

I could not believe how arrogant the Chef was and the Manager had no clue, I kept watching him run back and forth. Double booking tables only giving an hour for turnover, and the kitchen not even serving starters for 45 minutes. The before and after were so different.

LA PARRA RESTAURANT
    I checked out the website and they have a really nice slideshow featuring the dishes and the chefs. I clicked on the button marked GORDON and there is very nice write up about what Gordon did for the restuarent. It speaks volumnes that the website has a specific button marked Gordon. Tells me yes they are riding the tv show but that he obviously helped them out of a financial hole.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Regular

I can't wait for the UK series to start again. The US version is very, very disappointing.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Advantage;2618431;
    I can't wait for the UK series to start again. The US version is very, very disappointing.
    I tried to watch the American version but I found it too frantic. And annoying.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Regular

The American version is very "in your face." The American restaurateurs are more aggressive douchebags.
    In honour of the greatest fighter to ever come out of Novojoa Mexico... Luis Ramon "Yori Boy" Campas, former junior middleweight champion of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Yory Boy;2631341;
    The American version is very "in your face." The American restaurateurs are more aggressive douchebags.
    A lot of the problem lies in the production and the selection of the restaurants. The producers are deliberately picking literal "nightmare" restaurants. They don't want the subtlety of a redemption arc where it's earned. They don't pick good restaurants that have fallen on hard times, they pick restaurants which for the most part never should exist in the first place.

And then in the editing they play this up even more.

There are thousands of restaurants which COULD be more appropriate, more in the mode of the U.K. version, if they wanted to pick them.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Regular

UK version Season 5 is airing now. Yay!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456