+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares on BBCAmerica

Re: Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares on BBCAmerica

A new season of Nightmares begins on July 12 for those with BBC America. I've been watching some repeats lately and I'm stoked.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

I'm ready..
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I happened to catch this show the other night. The chef made 25,000 pounds a year, which Ramsy thought was a goodly amount. I have no idea what that translates into dollars. Hang on I'll check it...

Ok..it's about $50,000. Pretty good.

Has anyone seen his show The F-word? That is another good one.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Fox is doing the American version this fall... And there is already trouble...

(See the article below...)

I will LIKE this one, I know...

;0))

PK

Ramsey sued for false 'Nightmares'
    Restaurant employee files lawsuit
    By ASSOCIATED PRESS
    Celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay is accused of faking scenes for a new reality show in which he was supposed to "makeover" failing restaurants in a week's time as his confrontations with staff were recorded, according to a lawsuit on Tuesday.

A former general manager at Dillons in Manhattan, Martin R. Hyde, said Ramsay featured the Indian-American restaurant as part of a new series entitled "Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares," to be distributed this fall by the Fox.

Hyde's lawsuit said Ramsay falsely claimed meat was spoiled, used a defective chair to imply that Dillons' furniture was shoddy and even hired actors to pose as customers to make the restaurant look busy at the end of the week.

Hyde also claimed Ramsay, known for foul-mouthed outbursts and star of Fox's reality competition "Hell's Kitchen," humiliated him and forced him to quit his job to avoid further abuse.

He asked for millions of dollars in damages and a court order to stop the show from airing.

Ramsay spokesman, James Curich, said he could not comment on the lawsuit because he had not yet seen it. As for allegations about fabrications, Curich said: "It is a reality show and as far as I know it's not something they do."

Fox spokeswoman Jennifer Sprague said she could not comment.

Andrew Blackmore, a manager at Dillons, said he had signed a release stating that he could not talk about the show to the media.

A year ago, Ramsay won a libel action in London against a newspaper that accused him of faking scenes on his "Kitchen Nightmares" reality show when he worked to turn around a struggling bistro in northern England.

Associated Newspapers Ltd., publisher of the Evening Standard, agreed to print an apology and pay $138,000 in damages to Ramsay and the makers of his program.

"I won't let people write anything they want to about me," Ramsay said at the time.

Variety.com - Ramsey sued for false 'Nightmares'
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

Gordon's back in all his glory. The premiere of season 3 was last night on BBCA.

The restaurant was awful, and the chefs were morons. Just what I like to see.

Does this mean you don't want any prawns with spicy chocolate sauce any time soon John? *shiver* Just the sound of that is gross to me. My favorite part of the episode though was Gordon's entire interaction with the hanging kebab.

Quote Originally Posted by libra1022;2473555;
    Does this mean you don't want any prawns with spicy chocolate sauce any time soon John? *shiver* Just the sound of that is gross to me. My favorite part of the episode though was Gordon's entire interaction with the hanging kebab.
    That sounds horrid. People were eating that??? Did they put chile powder in the chocolate??
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Yep, they did

It was really just awful. How about chicken and bananas, anyone? I thought taking the chef bullfighting was a perfect way to show him that unless you listen carefully to people who know more than you, you're going to get yourself gored.

Stuffed Chicken w/ bananas. That was horrible. I liked how he made them taste the pureed version so he could see how nasty that was.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Good episode, I could not believe the food combinations they had. YECK! I did check the La Parra de Burriana website and it appears they have done a great turnaround. The menu looks great also.

I could not believe how arrogant the Chef was and the Manager had no clue, I kept watching him run back and forth. Double booking tables only giving an hour for turnover, and the kitchen not even serving starters for 45 minutes. The before and after were so different.

LA PARRA RESTAURANT
    Last edited by just1paul; 07-15-2007 at 10:15 AM.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast