+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares on BBCAmerica

Welcome to Hippo Heaven dogabone's Avatar
    We don't know that Jacksons went under; it's just that there are no mentions of it on the Web any more recent than last March—including phone book listings.
    Mother Hubbard
    Queen of the Grammar Hammers

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    Very good show tonight. Hated to see Nigel go however. Dave should have kept Nigel and gotten a day job.
    I found the following, from the March 17, 2006, Blackpool Citizen:
    Gordon was a dream says chef
    By Lori Hudson

GOOD ADVICE: Chef Nigel Lloyd in the kitchen

It may have been a kitchen nightmare for some. But for 40-year-old Blackpool chef, Nigel Lloyd, having the chance to work with celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay for the latest series of the BAFTA-winning Channel 4 'Kitchen Nightmares' series has unleashed some tantalising dreams of his own.

As reported in the Citizen, last week's episode of the 'Nightmares' series featured Jackson's, the Blackpool Tourism Awards 2003 Restaurant of the Year, having a culinary and cash-flow make-over by the outspoken TV chef.

Despite an on-screen showdown between Ramsay and Nigel's former boss, struggling restaurateur Dave Jackson, and as well as claims from tourism chiefs that the show attempted to discredit the resort's Tourism Awards, Nigel says his brush with fame hasn't put him off working with the Michelin-starred chef again.

Surrey-born Nigel, who left Jackson's for "personal reasons" before the Kitchen Nightmares team could film their 'revisit', claims he has already contemplated an offer to join the workforce at Ramsay's Claridges restaurant.

And following Gordon's advice, he has decided to pursue his dream of opening his own Blackpool eaterie.

Nigel, who is now feeding hungry staff in the Pleasure Beach employee canteen, said: "Filming Kitchen Nightmares was a very stressful experience but, then again, so was working at Jackson's in the first place.

"I can honestly say that working with Gordon was a fantastic experience.

"He is, without a doubt, a fantastic chef and a great bloke. I can't understand what the problem was between him and Dave.

"I was able to learn many valuable things from him and I had to think really carefully about whether I should take him up on his job offer or look into his suggestion of opening my own place.

"I'm definitely going to go for the latter because I'll have plenty of excellent ideas for dishes and restaurant management courtesy of Kitchen Nightmares."
    I think Nigel will be just fine! Being let go by Dave Jackson may have been the best thing that ever happened to him.
    Mother Hubbard

Dogabone, can you please provide a link to that article? If not, we'll have to remove it.

Sorry, can't relocate the link; I kinda stumbled onto it. Guess you'll have to remove the article. Sorry.
    Mother Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Dogabone, can you please provide a link to that article? If not, we'll have to remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by dogabone View Post
    Sorry, can't relocate the link; I kinda stumbled onto it. Guess you'll have to remove the article. Sorry.

http://www.blackpoolcitizen.co.uk/se..._says_chef.php

Heres the link dogabone

On tonights program, I think Lenny may have a drinking problem, too bad seems likea nice guy

Good ending for this place they got a new chef Lenin has entered rehab and it looks like they might make it.
    Last edited by just1paul; 07-12-2006 at 11:02 PM.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Wow, tonights episode was really good.

HK makes Ramsey look like an ass, my Ramsey Nightmare really makes him look like a good guy trying to help people turn thier resturants and lives around.

I've only watched two episodes but some quick trends I've seen on how to fail.
    Cooks who never went to/finish chef school
    People with no idea how to put together a dish and instead just 'make it up', (ie what tastes good with what)
    Mangement who can't

I wonder how many hundreds if not thousands of resturants are those same problems

I really liked last night's episode, but it was also pretty clear that the owner didn't really care for Ramsey or his suggestions on her management style or lack thereof.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I really liked last night's episode, but it was also pretty clear that the owner didn't really care for Ramsey or his suggestions on her management style or lack thereof.
    John, Not sure if I got that impression myself, is there any one thing that stands out that you could clue me in on that might change my impression. The only thing that comes to mind is I believe she was pretty cool towards Ramsay when he was talking about Lennys drinking problem.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I missed the show Wednesday night (watched Road to the Runway) and just picked up the rerun this morning. I was very pleased to see at the end that Lenin had entered a rehab program. Hopefully, he'll come back clean and strong and ready to be a real chef.

I did not get the impression that Maura was unhappy with Ramsay, although I still think she needs to provide more motivation and discipline to her front-of-house staff.
    Mother Hubbard

Nightmare alert! BBC America will be showing a marathon of the second season of Kitchen Nightmares this weekend. Set your DVRs!
    Mother Hubbard

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast