+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares on BBCAmerica

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    This last episode, with "Jackson's", they deserved to go under. The chef was clueless, and they did nothing but bitch about their unfortunate circumstances without trying to come up with any way around it.

Do you think the girl went back out to get customers the next day? I'm highly doubting it. But in doing so the first day, they had a full house.
    I would tend to agree with you there John about her not going out the next day, because one of my thoughts was I bet the next bitch would be about the free kids meals. Something about the whole attitude of them turned me off. I just couldn't believe how clueless that guy was in the kitchen, and the way he was griping back at Ramsay. I'm going to do a websearch and see if theres any reference to that restaurant being open or closed yet.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I did do some web searching and found reviews for Jacksons, but after March of 2006. I did an address lookup also in an UK phone "smartpages " type thing and got no match. So it looks like they may have bit the dust.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Welcome to Hippo Heaven dogabone's Avatar
    I found this URL for the Jacksons menu, but there's no date, so I can't tell whether they're still in business.

http://www.astabgay.com/blackpool_ga...rants/menu.htm
    Mother Hubbard
    Queen of the Grammar Hammers

So, John—When will you give this show its own listing instead of placing it under "Other"?
    Mother Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by dogabone View Post
    So, John—When will you give this show its own listing instead of placing it under "Other"?
    I think that would only happen if someone is reviewing/recapping the show.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Hey, Gabriel! I find it interesting that you quote Prospero's final speech from "The Tempest." Jonathan Frid was famous for his portrayal of Caliban in that play.

But I'll bet you already knew that!
    Mother Hubbard

FORT Regular
    love this show too! I hate Hell's Kitchen,but this show is almost a different Gordon--one whose restaurant I would eat at! I agree that Mama Cherri's was my favorite episode, and that Jackson's likely bit the dust--the people were some idiots there! Bonaparte's was the ABSOLUTE filthiest I have ever seen, with the most clueless chef, and that was the owner who sued Gordon for libel and slander and just lost the case spectacularly a month ago! BTW, Gordon has just opened his own New York restaurant--hope some locals visit and give us a report!(I would,but I'm in North Carolina and not traveling any time soon.)

[QUOTE=blackflip;1958724]love this show too! I hate Hell's Kitchen,but this show is almost a different Gordon--one whose restaurant I would eat at! I agree that Mama Cherri's was my favorite episode, and that Jackson's likely bit the dust--the people were some idiots there! Bonaparte's was the ABSOLUTE filthiest I have ever seen, with the most clueless chef, and that was the owner who sued Gordon for libel and slander and just lost the case spectacularly a month ago!

This Gordon is so likeable compared to Hell's Kitchen Gordon although I get the Hell's kitchen show more, seeing how passionate he is about cooking.
    I love the advice & the way he delivers the message to these restauranteurs, so they "get it". Very creative.

I'm hooked on this show can't wait until it comes on every week though I missed a few , such as Boneapart's. Hope they have a marathon soon .
    "What happens to the wide-eyed observer when the window between reality and unreality breaks and the glass begins to fly? Stephen King - Four Past Midnight"

It's unlikely you'll see Bonaparte's, as it was part of the first series of RKN. A marathon, if and when it airs, is more likely to recap only programs from the second series, which is currently running on BBCA.
    Mother Hubbard

I finally caught this show last night. First one was the Jacksons.

I kind of felt sorry for them
    The head chef can't cook, the menu designer can't make a dish that tastes good.
    Now this wouldn't be a problem if lets say they were managing a Blockbuster, but amazingly enough it IS a problem when you own your own resturant.

And they went under?

This is a job for.... Captain Obvios

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast