+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares on BBCAmerica

Yeah I started that thread.

I'll add it to my Tivo list.
    Love that thing. Never have to worry about finding when a show is on.

I've been watching this show recently, too. I've seen two of them - one for the Sandgate, and one for, um, damn I can't remember the name, but it had a french chef who didn't want to change anything and had WAY too many flavors in his meal (they surprised him by bringing in a former Michelin critic who blasted him for that).

I loved both episodes. The turnaround at the Sandgate was incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I've been watching this show recently, too. I've seen two of them - one for the Sandgate, and one for, um, damn I can't remember the name, but it had a french chef who didn't want to change anything and had WAY too many flavors in his meal (they surprised him by bringing in a former Michelin critic who blasted him for that).

I loved both episodes. The turnaround at the Sandgate was incredible.
    Sandgate was a great episode, I could not believe how well it turned around and the owners really stepped up to the plate and made it work.

The other episode you might be thinking of was the D-Place episode? This is the one where they ended up losing it anyway and with a baby on the way and a new house to boot.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

No, at the end of the other one, they'd been named the best restaurant in (um, Scotland, or something like that). The owner remodeled the entire restaurant, and Ramsey made his point about ruining flavors with too many additions by taking him to the bar and ordering a nice bourbon. Then he asked for a bit of ice, and then he asked for a splash of soda. The bartender told him no, because it would ruin the flavor of the expensive bourbon. That got the point across to the owner that more flavors is not necessarily better.

Welcome to Hippo Heaven dogabone's Avatar
    My favorite so far is Mama Cherri's. One of the few restaurants where it was all down to management. The food was good, and Ramsay obviously liked all the people involved and really wanted to see them succeed. His fixes were minimal and well received, and the restaurant has since moved to a larger, better location and is constantly busy.
    Mother Hubbard
    Queen of the Grammar Hammers

FORT Newbie
    Ramsay is so much more likeable in RKN than HK. I still enjoy HK, but it seems to me that FOX is making him a caricature of himself.

He is still foul-mouthed on RKN, still a little abrasive, but his passion for food comes out more, and he is likeable. I could see myself working for him and being motivated by his energy and passion. In HK, I would be counting time until I brought out a dish that wasn't 100% perfect and got something thrown at me!

Very good show tonight. Hated to see Nigel go however. Dave should have kept Nigel and gotten a day job.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by dogabone View Post
    My favorite so far is Mama Cherri's. One of the few restaurants where it was all down to management. The food was good, and Ramsay obviously liked all the people involved and really wanted to see them succeed. His fixes were minimal and well received, and the restaurant has since moved to a larger, better location and is constantly busy.
    Agreed dogabone! This was my favorite of the new season as well. Mama Cherri was such a personality, and the food just looked yummy. Such little tweaks had to be made to get folks in there, and it was fantastic to see them succeeding.

This last episode, with "Jackson's", they deserved to go under. The chef was clueless, and they did nothing but bitch about their unfortunate circumstances without trying to come up with any way around it.

Do you think the girl went back out to get customers the next day? I'm highly doubting it. But in doing so the first day, they had a full house.

Welcome to Hippo Heaven dogabone's Avatar
    I'm guessing that Jacksons is out of business by now. This was the first RKN where Ramsay actually had to do more fixes on his return visit. Doesn't bode well in my book.
    Mother Hubbard
    Queen of the Grammar Hammers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast