+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It looks like Season 2 may have already been filmed

It looks like Season 2 may have already been filmed

cbs2.com - Kid Nation Season 2 Open Call Information

Jul 30, 2007 12:50 pm US/Pacific
    Kid Nation Season 2 Open Call Information

This fall Kid Nation promises to be one of the most unique and family-friendly shows to hit the airwaves in years. Over the course of 40 days, 40 incredible kids will live and work together to create their own society. The pilot has been generating incredible buzz and with this level of anticipation, it's not surprising that we're already casting for the second season!

So join CBS2 and Stater Bros. at Raging Waters and you could be a part of Kid Nation Season 2!

Date: Friday, August 3, 2007

Time: 10am-4pm (line cut-off)

Beachside Picnic Area (on the left side of the parking lot)
    111 Raging Waters Drive
    San Dimas , CA 91773
    909-802-2200
    ragingwaters.com

Parking: In order to park, cars must pay upfront a $10 charge (or $15 if you request premium parking).

Attire: Casual

Open Call Audition Process:
    Participants will fill-out an *application and then be asked to discuss who they are and why they'd like to be on Kid Nation, for up to 2 minutes on-camera. CBS2 will submit all eligible on-camera entries. Applicants must be present to apply.

* Applications may be downloaded HERE and filled out in advance of the Open Call. Applications will also be available at the Open Call to fill out.

Age, Permission and Citizenship Requirements:
    All applicants must be between the ages of 8 and 15 years of age.
    All applicants must have the full permission of their parent(s) who have legal custody, or other legal guardians, as applicable, and such parents and/or legal guardians must sign, on behalf of such Applicants, all required Applicant agreements or other documents permitting Applicant to participate in the Program.
    All applicants must be United States citizens and be living in the United States.
    All applicants must have a valid United States passport. (It is NOT necessary to have your Passport or photo with you at the Open Call)

Prizing:
    Each episode ends with a town meeting in which the kids award one child a gold star worth $20,000, all leading to the grand finale, with an unimaginable test, the biggest awards and a special surprise for every child.

Participants may experience a long waiting period before their Open Call audition.

A total of approx. 500 applicants will be invited to interview sometime in or around August-September 2007 (or as otherwise scheduled by the Producers) in person at one of 11 specified locations: Los Angeles, CA; Miami, FL; New York, NY; Boston, MA; Atlanta, GA; Seattle, WA; Dallas, TX; Chicago, IL; Minneapolis, MN; Philadelphia, PA; and Phoenix, AZ. Producers reserve the right to change the number or the identity of the foregoing locations at any time.

Approximately 60 finalists (the final number of which will be determined by Producer) will be invited to Los Angeles in September 2007 (or as otherwise scheduled by the Producers) for final interviews.

Approximately 40 finalists (the final number of which will be determined by Producer) will be selected as contestants to participate in this program. Filming is presently scheduled to occur sometime between October - December 2007 at a location to be announced.

Selected participants will spend approx. 40 days in a remote location where they will form and live in a society governed amongst themselves. This may be the opportunity of a lifetime for the selected participants. However, they must agree to be filmed up to 24 hours a day by television camera crews for reality programming intended to be broadcast on national television. There will be various prizes associated with participation in the Program, including a grand prize of substantial value which may be divided up amongst the various participants in the Program. Producers may also award stipends to selected applicants who participate in the program and fulfill all of their obligations to Producers.

Applicants' parents and/or legal guardians must authorize Producers to conduct a background check on Applicants.

The Kid Nation Season 2 location for taping has NOT been disclosed.

Click HERE to learn more about the CBS new reality show Kid Nation!

For further questions, please call 818-655-2705.
    ( MMVII, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

Maybe we'll get to see this in Spring of 2008!

Chris

Re: It looks like Season 2 may have already been filmed

That would be great if there was a show for the spring, but from what I've been reading, they are having major problems trying to get a location. Most states won't let them film because of the child labor laws or something like that. If they did find a place to film they have kept it a major secret. I hope they did though, I enjoyed the show alot.
    Adversity reveals genius. -Horace

You know, they may have had to go south to find a warm location during the winter. Maybe they ended up in Mexico or Puerto Rico?

Chris

Applicants' parents and/or legal guardians must authorize Producers to conduct a background check on Applicants.
    They want to do background checks on 8 year olds? I'm sure that will turn up some checkered pasts and lots of skeletons in closets...

Why is this thing even coming back?
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2720874;
    They want to do background checks on 8 year olds? I'm sure that will turn up some checkered pasts and lots of skeletons in closets...

Why is this thing even coming back?
    Because it was a very good show. And if more people had given it a chance and not given up after one or two episodes, they would have seen that.

Now of course, if you're in your 20's and you cannot stand kids, well then, Kid Nation won't be your cup of tea.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mrpayroll;2720890;
    Because it was a very good show. And if more people had given it a chance and not given up after one or two episodes, they would have seen that.

Now of course, if you're in your 20's and you cannot stand kids, well then, Kid Nation won't be your cup of tea.

Chris
    I think that there were a lot of people who saw the show as public exploitation of kids though. I'm in the air on that myself, but I understand the opinion even if I don't totally agree with it.

It seems that CBS like the ratings more than the controversy, thus... another edition of the show.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I read somewhere that filming was on hold because CBS wasn't sure if they wanted to do it. I'll have to find that article.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Well, my husband and I totally enjoyed it. We thought it was interesting to see the different personalities, the potential of the kids and whether they chose to use that potential or not. It also really opened my eyes as to how parents influence the way their children act. Made me wish I could re-raise my own. (I also felt VERY sorry for Taylor's parents. They've made a bright and promising child into a selfish brat. Somehow I don't think they feel sorry for themselves,though. The apple never falls far from the tree.... )

How are they filming DURING school?! That's 40+ days they're missing from school...unless they're all home schooled or something.

I thought I'd read it somewhere.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/televis... nation_N.htm

For CBS reality show Kid Nation, the controversy may have been too big and the ratings too small.
    Kid Nation (tonight, 8 ET/PT) asked 40 youths to build their own society in a New Mexico ghost town. But the show faced heavy criticism before it was broadcast, fueled by allegations that the show didn't properly care for the children, ages 8 to 15. (The New Mexico attorney general isn't pursuing an inquiry.)

Controversy faded once Kid Nation aired, but the reality series hasn't mustered much buzz or viewership, placing third in its time slot with 7.7 million viewers.

Tonight's season finale will try to go out with more of a bang, offering gold stars worth $50,000 each to three of the young "pioneers" and promising "one last heart-wrenching surprise."

CBS hasn't decided whether to renew the show, but Horizon Media analyst Brad Adgate doesn't think chances are good unless a prolonged writers' strike increases demand for more unscripted shows.

Kid Nation was hurt by the early controversy, says executive producer Tom Forman, who is casting for a possible second edition. "It's not the kind of buzz you want to launch with."

Once Nation premiered, Forman says it attracted a dedicated following among young viewers and families. "I'm very proud of this show and very proud of the kids," he says. "It's a family show. At the end of the day, it makes you feel very good."

CBS alternative-programming chief Ghen Maynard acknowledges the ratings difficulty but says Nation met the network's content goal: "to do shows that touch people are (are) about something. I thought the storytelling was terrific and the casting was fantastic."

Randi Buchanan, 12, of Sparks, Nev., left early because she was homesick. She calls Nation "a great experience" and wishes she had stayed the full 40 days.

"It was a great challenge — and hard," she says, recalling tasks that included cooking, cleaning, washing dishes and doing laundry. "It teaches people it's not all about sleeping and being lazy. You've got to work."

Kid Nation Makes Little Racket, After All - TV Decoder - Media & Television - New York Times Blog

CBS’s controversial reality series “Kid Nation” went out with a whimper on Wednesday, with a fourth-place finish in the 18- to 49-year-old demographic.

The finale averaged a 2.2 rating and a 6 share in the 18-to-49 demographic, but garnered enough viewers (7.4 million) for a second-place finish among total viewers.

A 2.2 demographic rating was just about average for the series, which premiered amid a scandal in September but quickly lost momentum. The series dispatched 40 children to the New Mexico desert to build a community without adult supervision (except for the show producers of course). Before the series debuted, concerns were raised about child-labor issues, although New Mexico did not pursue charges in the matter.

“Kid Nation” dispatched 40 children to the New Mexico desert to build a community without adult supervision. (CBS)Advertisers were initially wary of the reality show, but quickly warmed to the concept, even as ratings slipped, Edward Wyatt reported in October.
    Tom Forman, the executive producer, believes the program was hurt by the early controversy. “It’s not the kind of buzz you want to launch with,” he told USA Today earlier this week.

CBS hasn’t said whether Wednesday’s “Kid Nation” was the season finale or the series finale. There is a chance — perhaps just a slim chance — that the series could return for a second season.

In September, Bill Carter reported that CBS had “already held some casting sessions for new children.” But any plans for a second season “could be complicated by a new wrinkle: CBS cannot be sure it will be able to find a state whose laws will accommodate the show’s format,” he noted.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast