+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: It looks like Season 2 may have already been filmed

  1. #21
    Who Dat lildago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    11,522

    Re: It looks like Season 2 may have already been filmed

    Was the so-called town journal not written by someone on the production team? Was it coincidental that every showdown and every "lesson" learned in a particular episode coincided with the journal reading? Production called the shots, not the kids. Even when they appear to be making their own decisions, such as reward choices, gold star recipients, etc, you can bet suggestions were offered by the producers. The fact remains that the show promised a successful society built by the kids. It didn't deliver.

    If you take a gander at the Kid Nation Media Thread, you can read a portion of the liability waiver that states parents cannot sue the network or producer if their child dies, becomes severely injured, or contracts a sexually transmitted disease. Sounds like even the producers and the network's legal team anticipated "hormonal" teenagers.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

  2. #22
    FORT Fogey mrpayroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Age
    53
    Posts
    1,454

    Re: It looks like Season 2 may have already been filmed

    Quote Originally Posted by lildago;2732191;
    Was the so-called town journal not written by someone on the production team? Was it coincidental that every showdown and every "lesson" learned in a particular episode coincided with the journal reading? Production called the shots, not the kids. Even when they appear to be making their own decisions, such as reward choices, gold star recipients, etc, you can bet suggestions were offered by the producers. The fact remains that the show promised a successful society built by the kids. It didn't deliver.

    If you take a gander at the Kid Nation Media Thread, you can read a portion of the liability waiver that states parents cannot sue the network or producer if their child dies, becomes severely injured, or contracts a sexually transmitted disease. Sounds like even the producers and the network's legal team anticipated "hormonal" teenagers.
    That's called 'covering all bases'. If you've been around company contracts you would see that is the norm.

    And I don't deny that the producers wrote the journals. Without them, there would have been total anarchy, the kids would have had no direction and we would have had a very boring series.

    Now, until we see the kids say in writing that the producers steered them in a particular direction during the reward choices, gold star recipients, etc. I don't know if we can make a blanket statement that the producers were calling all the shots.

    Chris

  3. #23
    Who Dat lildago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    11,522

    Re: It looks like Season 2 may have already been filmed

    Quote Originally Posted by mrpayroll;2732206;
    And I don't deny that the producers wrote the journals. Without them, there would have been total anarchy, the kids would have had no direction and we would have had a very boring series.
    If you admit they wrote the journals, you have to admit parts of the show were scripted.

    Quote Originally Posted by mrpayroll
    You cannot have it both ways. You need to clearly think out the facts first.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

  4. #24
    shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    michigan
    Age
    51
    Posts
    6,746

    Re: It looks like Season 2 may have already been filmed

    Quote Originally Posted by lildago;2732300;
    If you admit they wrote the journals, you have to admit parts of the show were scripted.
    yep ... ALL 'reality' shows are at least PARTLY scripted.

  5. #25
    FORT Fogey mrpayroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Age
    53
    Posts
    1,454

    Re: It looks like Season 2 may have already been filmed

    Quote Originally Posted by lildago;2732300;
    If you admit they wrote the journals, you have to admit parts of the show were scripted.
    Of course parts were scripted. When Laurel (??) came down the stairs as sheriff with a piece of hay in her mouth I'm sure the producers suggested she do that. And I rolled my eyes at that part. But the tears, anger, heart to heart talks came directly from the kids. They were not scripted.

    But your quote

    Production called the shots, not the kids. Even when they appear to be making their own decisions, such as reward choices, gold star recipients, etc, you can bet suggestions were offered by the producers.
    suggests that they were calling all the shots and making all the decisions. So yes, I clearly thought out the facts of your comments and weighed them against what happened in the show and they didn't add up.

    Chris

  6. #26
    FORT Fanatic ko_vixen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    902
    Posts
    672

    Re: It looks like Season 2 may have already been filmed

    I personally found this to be a great show, and I wish my daughter was older and could have watched it, as she would have learned a lot. These kids were great and I really hope they do have another season of it.

  7. #27
    Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,563

    Re: It looks like Season 2 may have already been filmed

    Quote Originally Posted by ko_vixen;2733487;
    I personally found this to be a great show, and I wish my daughter was older and could have watched it, as she would have learned a lot. These kids were great and I really hope they do have another season of it.
    I'll second this post! My daughter is only 4.5, but she looked forward to watching the show to see the challenges and whether or not the kids would win the rewards. It was a fun 'family' show to watch and I hope there's a second season coming!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

    “I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

  8. #28
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,186

    Re: It looks like Season 2 may have already been filmed

    I just read that we should look for the second season of Kid Nation in the Fall, on Sunday nights, where we usually see TAR. TAR will move.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  9. #29

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: It looks like Season 2 may have already been filmed

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2826139;
    I just read that we should look for the second season of Kid Nation in the Fall, on Sunday nights, where we usually see TAR. TAR will move.
    Just wanted to say thanks for posting this! I love this show

  10. #30
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,039

    Re: It looks like Season 2 may have already been filmed

    Quote Originally Posted by candimichele;2966026;
    Just wanted to say thanks for posting this! I love this show

    According to a story on Yahoo, "Kid Nation" was cancelled this year. It's one of I think 35 shows that aren't getting a renewal on all three networks.

    I'm kinda in the air on this. While I liked the idea, and was amazed the kids did well in spite of the rougher life there were some things that I noticed watching the first one that made me go "this is not what it appears to be." I'd personally love to hear some of the kids' responses after the show was over - but if I read right, they're still pretty much bound by confidentiality, so they can't say.

    Plus, it said something when (if I recall correctly) New Mexico looked at their child labor rules as far as film after the fact. Wouldn't surprise me - here in Texas if you're a minor, you can't work more than about 6-7 hours on set per day. If you aren't on set at that moment, at the end of that time you have to be wrapped for the day - which means you wouldn't see a show like this filmed there. I have a feeling other states were the same way after reading some of the rumors - and I have a feeling in a couple of cases founded statements - being touted.

    If they had brought it back - I'd hope that they took more precautions and that the parents really looked at the contracts before they put their son/daughter on the show. That way, everyone was safe and - worst case scenario - could have the proper avenues to resolve issues should something happen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.