+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It looks like Season 2 may have already been filmed

Re: It looks like Season 2 may have already been filmed

Quote Originally Posted by Driew_La_27;2721019;
    How are they filming DURING school?! That's 40+ days they're missing from school...unless they're all home schooled or something.
    Don't forget that the 1st season was filmed during the school year. Maybe some of them are on staggered schedules (like here in LA)

Chris

In September, Bill Carter reported that CBS had “already held some casting sessions for new children.” But any plans for a second season “could be complicated by a new wrinkle: CBS cannot be sure it will be able to find a state whose laws will accommodate the show’s format,” he noted.
    Perhaps this is why the children need valid passports ?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2721095;
    Perhaps this is why the children need valid passports ?

That's why I mentioned a couple of other countries!

Chris

I thought parents were nuts to send their children to some so-called ghost town in New Mexico. I seriously question the judgment of anyone who would send their kid to another country for a few minutes of airtime on a second rate reality tv show and a chance to make a few bucks.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2720874;
    They want to do background checks on 8 year olds? I'm sure that will turn up some checkered pasts and lots of skeletons in closets...
    Suddenly all of those threats about one's activities showing up on one's permanent records take on new weight.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;2721944;
    I thought parents were nuts to send their children to some so-called ghost town in New Mexico. I seriously question the judgment of anyone who would send their kid to another country for a few minutes of airtime on a second rate reality tv show and a chance to make a few bucks.
    It's called allowing your children to experience the fullness of life. Most will fondlyremember those 40 days for the rest of their lives.

The kids whose parents wouldn't let them go on a show like that will probably end up getting in trouble because they are bored out of their minds. So, they will probably end up alcoholics, drug users and criminals.

Chris

I'm with you, lildago.

mrpayroll, isn't it going a little far assuming that kids whose parents won't let them go on a show like this will turn into drug addicts and criminals? There are other things they can do to stave off boredom besides go on a tv show. I never went on a show like Kid Nation and am not an alcoholic, drug user or a criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2722627;
    I'm with you, lildago.

mrpayroll, isn't it going a little far assuming that kids whose parents won't let them go on a show like this will turn into drug addicts and criminals? There are other things they can do to stave off boredom besides go on a tv show. I never went on a show like Kid Nation and am not an alcoholic, drug user or a criminal.
    I was being sarcastic. Basically I was saying, who is a person to say that is wrong for a parent to allow their kids to do something like this.

It's that kind of closed mindedness that causes resentment of parents by ther kids. A parent should encourage their kid in any way that will help them grow up to be a healthy adult. And from what I saw during the program is that there are a lot of kids who are growing up to be healthy adults. Kids like Taylor (who although made the show interesting) are going to grow up selfish, lazy and a burden to society.

The only Kid Nation parents that have been negative about the whole thing are the parents of kids who didn't win the $20k or the $50k gold stars. And that tells me that it was poor parenting that caused their kid to be lazy, a troublemaker and non nuturing to the other kids in Bonanza.

All 3 of the young ladies that won the $50k were selfless, hard working and nuturing to all the other kids. That is what the Christian faith speaks of.

Chris

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mrpayroll;2722938;
    I was being sarcastic. Basically I was saying, who is a person to say that is wrong for a parent to allow their kids to do something like this.

It's that kind of closed mindedness that causes resentment of parents by ther kids. A parent should encourage their kid in any way that will help them grow up to be a healthy adult. And from what I saw during the program is that there are a lot of kids who are growing up to be healthy adults. Kids like Taylor (who although made the show interesting) are going to grow up selfish, lazy and a burden to society.

The only Kid Nation parents that have been negative about the whole thing are the parents of kids who didn't win the $20k or the $50k gold stars. And that tells me that it was poor parenting that caused their kid to be lazy, a troublemaker and non nuturing to the other kids in Bonanza.

All 3 of the young ladies that won the $50k were selfless, hard working and nuturing to all the other kids. That is what the Christian faith speaks of.

Chris
    "Closed mindedness" are not the words I'd use to describe parents of a 14 year old blossoming young woman that do not want her left alone with
    15 year old hormonal young men "to build a community without adult supervision".

I am not in my 20's, I do have children and I did not like this show. It was so scripted we really do not know which words belonged to the kids vs. which were written for them to say.

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;2724380;
    "Closed mindedness" are not the words I'd use to describe parents of a 14 year old blossoming young woman that do not want her left alone with
    15 year old hormonal young men "to build a community without adult supervision".

I am not in my 20's, I do have children and I did not like this show. It was so scripted we really do not know which words belonged to the kids vs. which were written for them to say.
    Now where in any of the actions of the young men on the council did you see any of them acting 'hormonally'? When they made the decision to award the 3 $50k gold stars to those young women they came across as very mature on how they made those decisions.

And how do you know this show was 'so' scripted? I'll admit there were a couple of times (out of hundreds) where it seemed a little suspect, but the majority of actions by those kids seemed very natural to me and not scripted.

And first you say that those 14 years old girls were left alone with 15 year old boys without adult supervision and then you say the majority of the show was scripted. You cannot have it both ways. You need to clearly think out the facts first.

Chris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast