+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 12/12 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 12/12 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Did we even see Migle before last week? I swear half these kids never got face time. If they should decide to do this again they need to cut the number of kids participating.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2716834;
    I would like to know what was the point of this whole show?
    Got me by the ______! after 39 days the kids ripped the place apart and only got it back together when they were told that in order to win the last reward they had to clean the place. I guess that teaches us that the only way kids will do diddly is if adults pay them and let them eat as much candy as they want. I think it was a total waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2717370;
    Did we even see Migle before last week? I swear half these kids never got face time. If they should decide to do this again they need to cut the number of kids participating.

I totally agree dagwood. Also, I didn't need to watch a half an hour of prissy Taylor laying around avoiding her chores each week.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

FORT Fanatic

dID ANY\\\\\\

Did anyone notice they showed who I THINK was Taylor's mother for a split second? The producers had to know the public really wanted to get a look at the parents responsible for this horrid child.

Sophia absolutely was a clear choice for the 50K....but I bet if Zach had been her age, with the added maturity he would've been right up there with her.

I think the point of the show was crystal clear. These kids learned valuable lessons in living life. Most kids don't have any idea how the food they eat gets to the table. How they always seem to get nice clean, laundered clothes without lifting a finger. They learned that Co-operating with each other they can achieve goals.

We as adults learned that we have some pretty alright kids in the world. The point was a good one and I enjoyed the whole thing.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Sophia is absolutely my favorite.

Looks like Greg may not be that bad after all.

I agreed with all of the $50,000 star awards.

I recall Migle being featured in an earlier episode and that I liked her, but don't remember much more.

In the end, I was moderately entertained by the show.

ETA: Thank God Taylor didn't get a gold star.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

I am such a freakin' wuss. I think I cried through half that dumb show.

Sophia TOTALLY deserved that gold star as she worked her ass off the entire time. I wonder what her IQ is?

I was also glad that Zach got a gold star.

FORT Fogey

This is hands down my new favorite reality tv show. Throughout all the years, only Survivor, Dancing with the Stars, and Season 2 of Idol have captured my interest more than Kid Nation.

It should be required viewing by parents across the land! Adults are knobs. Kids are spot on. (They haven't had lived long enough to be as messed up as adults)

If the network is reading .... PLEASE change the whole gold star thing next season. There were so many kids who deserved a star and didn't get one. I felt soooo bad for them.

Their whole Bonanza City experience may be darkened by bitterness for not receiving a star, and that is not only sad, but the wrong emotion to be forced into - especially coming off such a life-altering experience.

I understand the need for incentives, but not big bucks for only a handful of kids. For me, it was very sad and disheartening. All the kids stuck with it and I'm sure learned and evolved in some positive way (even Taylor). I think DK feels the same (I love DK).

Having said all that, I agree with the Council's final picks. Even though all of Sophia's perfections started to wear thin for me, she kept he city moving along smoothly, and a second star was well-deserved.

Migle was a good choice because she best demonstrated change - which is what the whole experience was all about. She really did transform. Poor Taylor has a ways to go yet.

Then the 3rd girl (I'm drawing a blank on her name).....she played the caretaker very, very well and seemed to be a source of comfort for quite a few kids.

I'm also glad that Zach won what everyone thought would be the final star of the experience. What Greg said was true. Zach did believe in the concept and held iron clad to his personal values throughout. He really, really deserved a star.

For being kind of a knob sometimes, Greg can nail things pretty well (or maybe he's just repeating what the others said....I don't know). Either way, I agree with the sentiment that Zach was probably the one kid who believed in and embraced the whold kid nation concept. I think belongs in a profession vision, values, and leadership come together. Greg said politics which in a perfect world would be a great fit. In our corrupt political landscape, I can't help but think Zach is too good for that, though.

While the last round of council members didn't hold it together the way earlier councils did, they really thought outside the box in making their star selections. The rewarded more subtle skills and behavior such as change/improvement (Migle), leadership (Sophia), vision (Zach), brainpower (Alex), and caretaking (Morgan). This tells me these guys know more about what makes the world go 'round than one would think - and again, more than adults. Kudos to them for realizing it's not all about brawn (sp?!).

I LOVE this show and hope it comes back.
    Last edited by Jexter; 12-13-2007 at 02:42 AM.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;2717761;

I LOVE this show and hope it comes back.
    I do too and I'm so glad that Zach finally did receive the gold star that he deserved.

FORT Newbie

This show was, Amazing Race excepted, utterly my favorite among the long string of shows I watch. I don't have kids, or know much about them; didn't even think I'd watch it. Hooked from the first!

I LOVED Zach, DK, Laurel and, of course, Sophia. And Hunter, and Nathan. And those dear little geniuses, Jared and Alex. Mike: a crotchety but smart old man in a kid's body; still, you gotta love him. Like most, I couldn't bear Taylor or her little blonde sidekick (this pasty-faced kid also claims to be a pageant queen? I don't think so!)

I will definitely watch it if they do a sequel. Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing a "reunion" follow-up in the next couple weeks, with parents, complete with observations about behavior.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast