+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 11/21 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

FORT Fan

Re: 11/21 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

I was happy Laurel won the gold star. She defintely deserved it.

Quote Originally Posted by MK202;2687017;
    I was happy Laurel won the gold star. She defintely deserved it.
    Some viewers didn't think so, because of Laurel's behavior after being voted off the council. I myself was totally without a clue as to who might deserve the GS this time, as it appeared the town had been pretty chaotic since the last show.

But I feel that the Green District didn't vote Laurel out because they felt she'd done a bad job, but more because they felt that Michael deserved a turn at the wheel before the show plays out. Also, whether she herself realizes it or not, I think she'd be pretty miserable dealing with Greg, Blaine and DK as fellow coincil members. Possibly the Greens felt Michael could handle those three better.

So I'd say Laurel being voted off the council was a blessing in disguise for her. She is a worthy GS recipient, and had she remained on the council for the curation, her good work would have gone unrewarded.
    "Better to burn out than just fade away...." - Neil Young

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;2686581;

What exactly did Laurel do tonight that deserved a Gold Star. Laurel is peeved because she lost and she has been whiny ever since. I also am not liking the attitude the Green team has developed it seems those Gold Stars have gone to their heads.
    I agree. At one point she was talking about leaving. What, you don't get your way you go home? Yeah, give her the gold star. **heavy sarcasm**

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2687128;
    I agree. At one point she was talking about leaving. What, you don't get your way you go home? Yeah, give her the gold star. **heavy sarcasm**
    No, she didn't handle it very well, but I say she deserves credit for her good work prior to that point.

FORT Fogey

I thought it was interesting how that the last time there was a council vote each vote was read aloud. This time the "winner" was just announced. I think maybe it was already written as to who the producers wanted in.

Michael sucks as a leader. Where is his backbone? Did he grow one after he stayed tight-lipped around the other 3 leaders and then talk crap about them behind their backs? He is not leader material, he tries too hard to be the good samaritan.

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;2687390;
    I thought it was interesting how that the last time there was a council vote each vote was read aloud. This time the "winner" was just announced. I think maybe it was already written as to who the producers wanted in.
    Could be they didn't want to spend as much air time on it the second go-around. Or it could be that since the outcomes, especially the Red District's, were going to be so obvious that there would be no suspense, so why bother ? The only close call was the Yellow District, but they couldn't tally that district vote-for-vote without giving the others the same treatment.

As to the producers, I think if they had manipulated the vote, the kids would have figured that out. No way they'd believe Guylan retaining his seat after begging to be voted off. He didn't even vote for himself ! The Blue and Green votes were 7-2. You have to figure Anjay and Laurel voted for themselves, and the one kid from each district who voted to keep them would know they did so, so I don't think those districts could have been messed with. That leaves Yellow as the only possibility for a smokescreen. It's not easy for kids that age to keep stuff like that secret, so I think even that would have been found out.

While it's possible that the producers wanted a clean sweep of the council, I'd say the kids took care of that through their own devices with no help needed.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;2687812;
    Michael sucks as a leader. Where is his backbone? Did he grow one after he stayed tight-lipped around the other 3 leaders and then talk crap about them behind their backs? He is not leader material, he tries too hard to be the good samaritan.
    It's clear Michael is the odd man out on the council, but I don't know that I'd say he isn't leader material based on that alone. Being confrontational from the start with the other three wouldn't have been a very wise move. When the others confronted him, he had no choice.

Of course, talking crap behind the others' backs wasn't smart either, just as Greg and Blaine eavesdropping wasn't. But remember, these are kids experiencing a lot of things for the first time. I don't expect them to be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;2686581;
    I think the Council had good intentions I just think they went about it the wrong way. We are talking about 4 teenage boys who are probably sick to death of dealing with whiny children.

What exactly did Laurel do tonight that deserved a Gold Star. Laurel is peeved because she lost and she has been whiny ever since. I also am not liking the attitude the Green team has developed it seems those Gold Stars have gone to their heads.

Taylor this child is never going to change. The child is destined to be a spoiled child and turn into a needy grasping woman.
    I can't agree with you more.

She annoyed the crap out of me during the last 2 episodes.
    First her selfish behavior with the green team where she even got complimented for at first.

Now her whining that she wanted to go home.

I like Greg. Okay he does not always say it the right way but you can see his intentions are good.

How he helped comfort the teenage girl who was home sick. So sweet.
    Crazy Foreign Woman

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;2687812;

Another comment I am totally agreeing with.

He is talking behind there back. He finally dares to stand up after all the green team is behind him.

Another person of the holy green team who received a gold star.
    Now we still have what is his name, who was named last week and this week for the GS, to go and then they all have one?
    Last edited by dagwood; 11-23-2007 at 02:47 PM.
    Crazy Foreign Woman

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12