+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 11/07 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Newbie

Re: 11/07 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I think Taylor stood out because she was on the council and encouraging her friends not to work, which affected the entire town. There are other bratty kids on the show (see Divad) but none of them had the power and influence that she did.

I think it should be like Survivor... give the town a chance to vote them off. Why should some of these kids work their butts off while others act like brats and refuse to do anything. If I was Taylor's mother, I'd be ashamed of my child's behavior. I also think if they don't do the work, they shouldn't get paid at all.

FORT Newbie

This is the episode where they remembered they had 40 kids in town.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeTrees;2659310;
    This is the episode where they remembered they had 40 kids in town.
    But two left so there should only be 38.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Loved the Amazing Grace performance, and how nice of the boy who asked her to sing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyes Only;2659050;
    I think it should be like Survivor... give the town a chance to vote them off. Why should some of these kids work their butts off while others act like brats and refuse to do anything. If I was Taylor's mother, I'd be ashamed of my child's behavior. I also think if they don't do the work, they shouldn't get paid at all.
    I've often said that the no-work-no-pay was the way to go on this, and the council should rule on individual cases. Whichever kid does the slacker's work should get the slacker's pay. But the kids would have to master a few skills, like (a) Communicating clearly to everyone what they are expected to do to earn their pay, (b) Recognizing that the younger kids aren't going to be able to handle the workload of the older ones and not assigning them tasks beyond their capabilities, and (c) The ability to discern between the slackers and kids who are genuinely working their hardest but might not be as efficient as others. You never want to penalize anyone for doing their best, even if their best is not as good as someone else's.

As to voting them off....I don't think I want to see that. Survivor is a competition between adults who know that getting voted off is part of the deal. Kid Nation is supposed to teach the kids how to work together for the common good. Voting them off would be a form of ostracism, which can be very bad for kids. I don't think they're quite old enough to be able to handle that.
    "Better to burn out than just fade away...." - Neil Young

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123