+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 10/31 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 10/31 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I missed it tonight because of Halloween as well.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edgeover17;2641343;
    Wow, look at us !! The camera finally finds its way off of Taylor and discussion slows 'waaaaaaay down !

You know, no matter how much Taylor may rub you the wrong way, she adds the necessary element of friction to this reality show. Without that element, a show quickly becomes boring.

i didn't find it boring ... i was thrilled to see someone else OTHER than taylor for once. but i was in my bedroom watching and not at the computer

it was nice to see nathan ... he's our 'hometown boy'. he certainly is a 'unique' little fellow, isn't he? hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;2641199;
    Nice...send the kids without breathing equipment into caves with bats. Holy bat guano! It's especially bad in Southwestern US and Mexico says my mining husband.
    I don't think that was a real mine; it looked too clean, and too new. Also, I did look at the floor; nothing there either. I think they made that 'mine' by pushing it up with a bulldozer, and a few bats took up residence. Besides, a real old mine with the wooden supports would be way too dangerous to send kids into.

I was glad to see the focus off of Taylor also. I am sorry to see the kids starting to actively campaign/beg for the gold star, though. I do kind of wonder if the producers won't end up giving the remaining kids one at the end too, or mayybe a silver, cheaper star. I don't think they should, but that seems to be the way things go nowadays.

I also don't know if it's ben brought up here, but Divad's mother is suing the poducers over her kid's grease burn. I think it's a bit ridiculous, myself.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Ya, I typed that at the beginning of their little trek. Still, they should have at least had a cloth in front of their faces. It wouldn't surprise me if the production crew put the bats there before the kids went in. Suing for the grease burn is ridiculous, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2641822;
    it was nice to see nathan ... he's our 'hometown boy'. he certainly is a 'unique' little fellow, isn't he? hmmmm
    I loved it. I was kinda like Nathan as a youngster - quiet, not too sociable, a loner type, thought a lot, worked hard - It was nice to see a kid like that get appreciated,
    "Better to burn out than just fade away...." - Neil Young

I don't know about you guys but my wife and I thought that Nathan appeared to have a little OCD. It could have been the editing but he did seem a little compulsive.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

he probably is. based on the little bit of information we've gotten from him, i have a feeling his parents are probably really strict (not in a bad way, though) and he's probably expected to be more responsible than most kids his age.
    Last edited by barefootdyke; 11-01-2007 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2642902;
    he probably is. based on the little bit of information we've gotten from him, i have a feeling his parents are probably really strict (not in a bad way, though) and he's probably expected to be more responsible than most kids his age.
    Nathan's home-schooled, isn't he ? That would mean more parental influence and less exposure to kids his age than most of his peers.
    "Better to burn out than just fade away...." - Neil Young

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2641192;
    What a stupid idea to sell the stuff that could be had for free. Sort of like selling water in bottles... .

It worked for Dasani.

I'm happy Nathan got the gold star

I agree I think Nathan has OCD. Jared had me laughing so hard he looked like a cross between Superfly and Doc Holiday,lol. Divad really needs to go into politics she has the shark thing down to a science.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast