+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 10/10 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: 10/10 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

You could assign Taylor to latrine duty, but could you make her do it? Wouldn't you just get a "whatever, deal with it" from her? They'd have to threaten to not feed her if she didn't work....

If she doesn't do the work, she shouldn't get paid. Seems to me they should be paid after the job is done anyway, not at the end of the showdown as they have been.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

I agree Lil. She couldn't lounge around the saloon quaffing rootbeer if she didn't have any money. However, then someone would have to be "paymaster" and I can only imagine how popular that person would be. Maybe one person per team, that rotated?

MAJOR manipulation with this episode. It all seemed too fake and staged-more so than the other episodes. I town full of little child actors scares the crap out of me!

And what is with all the nasty looking lips and chins on these kids? Looks like impetigo or cold sores or something. Yuck!

My older daughter stopped by while this was on the tube and noticed at least three kids with faces that needed some sort of help.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy;2607832;
    Aww, 9-year old Cody misses his girlfriend so he's going to head on over to the Soda Saloon and drown his sorrow in a rootbeer.
    Rootbeer is never the answer, you'll just feel worse in the morning.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;2611195;
    I agree Lil. She couldn't lounge around the saloon quaffing rootbeer if she didn't have any money. However, then someone would have to be "paymaster" and I can only imagine how popular that person would be. Maybe one person per team, that rotated?
    Maybe the district leaders? But I'm not sure how that would work since Taylor is one...well, for the time being anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC
    And what is with all the nasty looking lips and chins on these kids? Looks like impetigo or cold sores or something. Yuck!
    Yeah, I noticed that too. It's probably from being out in the wind/cold weather. Either that or really good makeup.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Originally Posted by MamaC

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;2611512;
    Yeah, I noticed that too. It's probably from being out in the wind/cold weather. Either that or really good makeup.

I thought it might also have something to do with lack of proper washing--I bet at least some kids don't bathe every day, or wash their hands and faces nearly enough, in addition to all the other causes.
    (By the way, has anyone else noticed that a shower or bathtub never appears? You know there is one there "ghost town" or no!)

Also, the more weeks go by the more I wonder--do the kids really believe the "book left by the original pioneers" is actually something written in the 18-whatevers? I surely hope not.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

They're pretty smart kids so I don't think they believe the book is a "pioneer book". I think they come across as pretty savvy about the whole thing being a TV production. I hope they have access to showers etc., and I'm sure someone must be doing their laundry, especially the little ones. I hope.

Note to "show parents": next time send lip balm and lots of it when signing your kid up for windy, dry towns.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy;2607832;
    Aww, 9-year old Cody misses his girlfriend so he's going to head on over to the Soda Saloon and drown his sorrow in a rootbeer.
    I found it disturbing that Cody was crying that hard over a girl! The kid is only 9 years old! Holy moly!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast