+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 10/10 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 10/10 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Cody's farewell broke my heart...

Loved what the host said to Taylor...."you're either thick skinned or you're not listening to what they say.....
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vonna;2607844;
    Cody's farewell broke my heart...
    No kidding. I'm still crying.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;2607372;
    There is no way some of these kids are coming up with these statements.
    As a former teacher and the mother of a gifted child (now grown), they sound just like the kids I know. I love these kids I want to take each of them home as my own--okay, maybe as a grandmother who can give them back when I get tired.

I think most of the writers that write for kids in television and movies write too young for today's children.

Quote Originally Posted by babygrl;2607969;
    As a former teacher and the mother of a gifted child (now grown), they sound just like the kids I know. I love these kids I want to take each of them home as my own--okay, maybe as a grandmother who can give them back when I get tired.

I think most of the writers that write for kids in television and movies write too young for today's children.
    I have to agree. The children on this show I am willing to bet are in either gifted or Advanced Placement programs in their schools. I know children in my own family who actually can have cerebral conversations about Politics, Religion and other topics at the age this kids are.

I like that this program shows proof that all of the youth aren't like the ignorant louts we see on most reality shows today.

I have no doubt they are gifted, or high functioning kids. I'm not saying all of it is scripted, but there are certain things they say that just sound contrived. I also have bright children , that sounded precocious at times. And I would bet that a lot of the things they are spouting are coming straight out of their parent's mouths.

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

My kids are not gifted, nor ahead of the speech curve and they sound just like a lot of the kids on the show. Last night my ten year old looked at the screen and said, "Taylor's sure precocious, huh?"

He's also very well grounded in his faith system and would have sounded a lot like the kids about religion. The more accepting ones. Kids do sound like that.

Edited to say that I suspect these kids are from families that either want to put them in TV, or are pretty prone to teaching independence, so they might be well spoken because of that.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

Just watched last night's show... It was written in the producers' pioneers' journal so it's not coincidental that the kids were discussing religion. Gifted or not, I don't believe the average kid is that concerned about religious differences. However, we got a good glimpse into what's taught at home thanks to producer prodding.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

You'd think the "Jew Crew" might be a little bit concerned about seperating people based on religion. Also the one making the "JC" sign was sort of funny.
    English side... ruined! Must use French directions. Le Grille?! What the hell is that?!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;2607372;
    There is no way some of these kids are coming up with these statements.
    I agree with this. Many did not seem comfortable with what they were saying. And it was SO staged and scripted.
    I think calling the mini-golf an "instant gratification" prize was wrong. It is a game that takes patience and time to complete and you CAN develop a skill playing it.
    Something like pizza is "instant gratification".

And I know that MANY MANY will disagaree with me, BUT I think posing young kids with a bottle and a shot glass is WAY too adult. TOTALLY out of line for the writers and producers to do this.

FORT Fan

The best part about this episode was seeing that next week all the members of the council will have to fight for their positions. Personally the only one I would not be upset to stay on the council again is Laurel. Bring on the campaigning (with producer aid of corse)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast