+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions to improve the show?

FORT Fan

Suggestions to improve the show?

I feel the concept of the show has interesting possibilities, but as I watch, I think something is lacking. The show needs some fine tuning. I just can't pin point what it is. I felt there was a lot lacking in the 2nd episode and if things don't pick up I doubt the show will be a success. Whenever a show starts, it takes time for the producers to work out the kinks. Look at the difference between Big Brother 1 and Big Brother 18.

What, realistically (keeping in mind laws) would you do to improve the show or change the direction if you were at the helm?

I don't have many suggestions, I just know there is something lacking. Some of the things I think are the problem is the Gold Star every 3 days. The smart kids will realize there day will come with that many. That seems to be the whole plot of the show now and I think that's a mistake. First, it's way too many. Plus it rules the whole concept of the show. Now it's just a popularity contest for each kid. Like Mike correctly said, kids will just do stuff to try and get the gold star. I don't think that's why the original idea of the show seemed interesting.

I also thought the different classes in the town had potential, but having a challenge every couple of days and changing it all takes out the meaning in it.

Also, 40 kids seems like too many. It's too hard for the viewers to know or even notice most of them. I suspect the show has no interest in showing some of the kids and that number was chosen just so a few leaders could have throng of "townspeople" to lead.

Right now the show is basically what kid will win the popularity contest and ohhh, will Greg beat anybody up?

I think show needs a bit of an overhaul to keep things interesting. Your suggestions?

FORT Newbie

Re: Suggestions to improve the show?

I agree with many of your ideas for the show, but frankly, after watching both episodes this show disturbs me on many levels. I really think they should have modeled it after a show like Big Brother. I'm bothered by the sleeping conditions, the weather conditions, and I was very disturbed that young children had to be subjected to killing chickens to eat. As I said, I really wish they would have modeled it more like Big Brother and had the children be independent, but protected at the same time.

Gamer Chick & Principal bearwme1's Avatar

Hi all,
    I think it would play better without the bully. I also think they should work for almost everything, but heated water pumps, and Port o potties, come on, that's a bit much.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

kids are too pampered today (miss beauty queen is an extreme example) so i think it's great they're getting a taste of real work for once. how many of those kids have eaten chicken their mom has made for them but never really thought about where it comes from. how many of them have clean toilets at home because mom or dad or maid takes care of it. how many of them have hot water for their showers whenever they want. unless they live on a farm, most of them, i'm sure.

seriously, i think it's great that they're experiencing these hardships. maybe a few of the kids will end up going home with a new respect for everything their parents have sacrificed for them?

I think they should actually let the kids make the society they wish instead of giving them all of these classic American model of class systems and competition driven places in society. I don't know. I thought it was going to be more of a social experiement and less of a watered down version of survivor.

No one under the age of eleven.

FORT Fan

i also think this show would be more interesting if for example kids got voted to power or something that would make the game involve strategy. I also agree that although the children under eleven are funny that they shouldnt be there because some of them were not preapred to go through this experience

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by tickerrose;2595282;
    I think they should actually let the kids make the society they wish instead of giving them all of these classic American model of class systems and competition driven places in society. I don't know. I thought it was going to be more of a social experiement and less of a watered down version of survivor.
    I agree. That's what I was hoping to see too. They should have let the kids do it on their own with the least outside interference as possible instead of like you said - a watered down version of survivor.

This is like camping for the kids so I don't think the outdoor thing is a big deal. Kids love camping and they brought in enough farm kids so that killing the chicken wasn't a big deal to them.

They really need to change it so that the kids can vote out the members of the town council. To me that's where they lose all credibility with the kid nation thing. They are run by an adult-picked and guided council.

And I'd like to to be kids closer in age. Greg is considered a bully simply because he's so much older and bigger than the others yet is given no authority. So when he rightly steps up to what his role should be he gets called a bully.

I think Greg is sometimes called a Bully because of his early behavior, not just because he is older. I think it is interesting to have kids from different age groups, it is interesting to see how each handles the experience differently. I also think it is interesting when the younger ones outshine the older ones. I think Greg should ease up on the Gold Star front, he will get his if he continues to demonstrate that he is willing and enthusiastic about helping out. He really only started to step it up when he learned of the gold star, let him sweat it out a few weeks and see if he really deserves it, or if he is just out for the money....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast