+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions to improve the show?

FORT Fogey

Re: Suggestions to improve the show?

So what if Greg stepped up MORE when he found out what the star is worth. He sees an opportunity to get some money for college, should he just sit back and cry that no one is just handing it to him? NO! He is working for it.

That's what I am saying. I can't blame him for stepping up MORE, but let his pull his larger than the average Bonanza City resident weight for a few more weeks....he will get one, if he keeps up what has been a vast improvement over the last few episodes. I think the council is right to spread the love around a little bit. It goes to show, everyone has a chance of getting the star, and Greg will when it is his time. And he does his fair share of grumping about it.

Quote Originally Posted by tickerrose;2599087;
    <Greg> really only started to step it up when he learned of the gold star, let him sweat it out a few weeks and see if he really deserves it, or if he is just out for the money....
    He was doing more than his share from the beginning. He was the one who put the kid who got hurt on the wagon and pulled him. He was the first (shown) who tried to get order in the first meeting.

Sure, they edited it to look like, he's only doing work because he wants a gold star but he was a hard worker from the beginning.

How can it improve? They all get paid according to their job class. Why shouldn't they not get paid for NOT DOING their job? There should be some repercussions for those slakkard...unless they have developed a welfare dept.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

I will continue this discussion about Greg in his thread. If you would like to talk about this more, you can meet me over there!

The show needs something...I can't quite put my finger on it, but something is missing. What is the point??? No one gets voted off (and I can see why they wouldn't subject kids to voting off) so they don't have the survival of the fittest going on? The kids don't really run the town but rather they read the scroll as to what they should do next. (how totally contrived was it last night when they all slept in, then go to the scroll and read about curfue's... totally contrived... So I keep asking myself, what is the point of this show???

Bonbonlover, I've asked the same question. No one is voted off(fine with that) but other than the gold stars, no one wins anything. Sure, the kids are learning some lessons along the way but I'd like to see a 'winner' when this is all over.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

FORT Fan

So if noone gets voted off, who becomes the winner? Is there a winner in the end or it it just like a summer camp? Or are the producers trying to say, "it's not who wins, it's how you play the game!" Lame, because in real life, there are clear winners and losers.

I think one way to improve the show is for the kids to choose their own leaders rather than the four kids assigned on day 1. Some of these four kids (e.g., the "beauty queen") has no leadership qualities at all; some of the other kids do. It would be interesting to see what strategies the kids use to emerge as the leader! Some of the older kids seem to have a problem being bossed around by the younger kids.

Also 40 kids is too many. Very few kids stand out.

Quote Originally Posted by CC2003;2589512;
    .....and ohhh, will Greg beat anybody up?
    I'd call it a pretty safe bet that any kind of physical assault results in being sent home immediately. Too much potential liability there for it not to be.
    "Better to burn out than just fade away...." - Neil Young

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;2591231;
    seriously, i think it's great that they're experiencing these hardships. maybe a few of the kids will end up going home with a new respect for everything their parents have sacrificed for them?
    No one ever fully appreciates just how hard it is to provide the Three Essentials until they've had to do it themselves. Kids naturally take food, clothing and shelter for granted because the law provides it for them. These kids on the show are getting a little early preview of adulthood, which certainly can't hurt any of them.
    "Better to burn out than just fade away...." - Neil Young

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast