+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 9/26 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 9/26 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by PK...;2590949;
    Hah...

Good... Evidently I didn't look hard enough... I will look again, just cause I'm from Missouri...

Hmmm...

I watched that segment over several times, and I'm still not sure I saw "steam"... I saw dust blowing in the background when they brought in the pot, but I swear I never saw steam rising from the pot, or the chicken itself when they raised it from the water... Then the last feathers they plucked off the chicken were dry, not wet... (though that may be a bit "picky" for the length of time they dunked the chicken...) And it was even more curious that there was NO sign of pinfeathers...

I will give them the benefit, in that they "may" have tried to show it correctly, but I think the real chickens were scalded in the house and plucked there... OR sent off site for plucking and drawing...
    This is funny! If they didn't dip that chicken in boiling water, then it wasn't easy to pluck, and that's a fact. Maybe they were afraid a kid might get scalded so just used warm water. Good luck with THAT. This is one subject I can discuss with knowledge and experience, yuck. And I never ran across a chicken with no pin feathers. Also, you usually singe the chicken after all the plucking is done. Did they do that? I missed the chicken part since I was watching two shows at once. And would someone please tell me, how many chickens did they cook?

Quote Originally Posted by PK...;2590975;
    Oh, me...

I left it on, after the chicken segment, and they supposedly brought boiling or hot water to thaw the pump, and there was NO STEAM from that bucket, either, and Michael was able to use his bare hand to tip the bucket...

ACK!

I'm sorry, this is just too funny... I will watch in the future for the dramedy...

;0))
    I missed the bare handed thing. I was waiting for that pump to split wide open. I just don't think I ever say anyone use boiling water to thaw a frozen pump, or much of anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2591779;
    This is funny! If they didn't dip that chicken in boiling water, then it wasn't easy to pluck, and that's a fact. Maybe they were afraid a kid might get scalded so just used warm water. Good luck with THAT. This is one subject I can discuss with knowledge and experience, yuck. And I never ran across a chicken with no pin feathers. Also, you usually singe the chicken after all the plucking is done. Did they do that? I missed the chicken part since I was watching two shows at once. And would someone please tell me, how many chickens did they cook?
    If they singed them, they didn't show it. They showed Greg demonstrating how to pluck the feathers and in the next scene, the birds were clean. Lots of editing.

They killed and cooked two chickens. It'll be interesting to see if they continue to kill/cook them now and how often.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;2591793;
    If they singed them, they didn't show it. They showed Greg demonstrating how to pluck the feathers and in the next scene, the birds were clean. Lots of editing.

They killed and cooked two chickens. It'll be interesting to see if they continue to kill/cook them now and how often.
    They're down to 16 chickens now. That will give them 8 days of chicken stew--no eggs. Let's see...mmmm.....maybe they'll discover a fishing pond....producer stocked that is, so they can get more protein...
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Stickers spits nickels... PK...'s Avatar

A couple sacks of rice and beans would do the trick... Especially now that they have extra "cra**ers"...

I would very much like to see the FoodNetwork, or ANYONE show us how modern chickens are processed... My Dad, back in the 50s made a contraption out of a drill sanding disk base to remove feathers after the birds were scalded... He drilled holes in the rubber and stuck rubber bits into the holes, strapped the drill in the vice and let her rip... (Though truth be told, what ripped mostly, was the skin... But he was my Dad, and I thought it a wonderful machine... )

We always singed them, as well, and I wonder how that is handled now... Perhaps the hairiness has been bred out, as well??

Didn't they arrive with some goats? I smell Cabrito... (Well, I WISH I smelled Cabrito BBQing...)

;0))

PK
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;2591793;

Ah, that it had been that easy when I was young. It will be interesting to see what they eat but I'm going to bet that they will eat and eat well. Can you imagine the outcry from people if they weren't feeding those kids enough? And I'd be screaming the loudest.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG;2588416;
    It's wrong to say bad things about little kids, so when Taylor grows up I'm going to really dislike her and her attitude.
    She's a little Marie Antoinette in the making.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345