+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 9/26 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 9/26 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

It seems to be the current thinking of our society in general, that profit is BAD and working for profit is evil... Looks like the kids "caught" the same thinking...

Greg deserved the star, or they should have hack sawed the thing in half... If he goes into a pout and stubborns up (like Chicken in Survivor), the whole town will suffer, cause they can't get rid of him... But maybe he will surprise us once again. Or the editors will...

Chickens have remarkably long necks when stretched, and Greg was experienced... Hands were not in danger.

If they plunged the chickens in boiling water, they would pluck quite easily, but they didn't show the water as being hot, at all... Or did I miss the steam? Then again, maybe they have bred them for easier plucking... I remember doing my share of chicken cleaning when I was around that age. We covered the kitchen table with lots of newspapers to soak up the water and started ripping...

I think it was a very good thing for all of them to get it through their heads that chickens don't grow in pieces on supermarket trays... And that providing food from "scratch", is hard, unpleasant and sometimes disgusting work...

This episode wasn't as gripping as the last, but I will continue to watch, I guess... I haven't seen ANTM since the first series, so I doubt it will suck me in... I already have more things recorded than I can watch in a timely fashion!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I didn't see any steam, either, and wondered what was with that. With the way the feathers came out, that chicken had to have been dunked in boiling water at some point. I give the people who dealt with that nasty chicken much credit...I can hardly bear dealing with chicken from the store. It is just gross, but I guess if I had to.....I could do it too....but only if I had to.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I saw steam!!! But I was looking for it because I've heard my mom telling stories from when she grew up on a farm.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Hah...

Good... Evidently I didn't look hard enough... I will look again, just cause I'm from Missouri...

Hmmm...

I watched that segment over several times, and I'm still not sure I saw "steam"... I saw dust blowing in the background when they brought in the pot, but I swear I never saw steam rising from the pot, or the chicken itself when they raised it from the water... Then the last feathers they plucked off the chicken were dry, not wet... (though that may be a bit "picky" for the length of time they dunked the chicken...) And it was even more curious that there was NO sign of pinfeathers...

I will give them the benefit, in that they "may" have tried to show it correctly, but I think the real chickens were scalded in the house and plucked there... OR sent off site for plucking and drawing...
    Last edited by PK...; 09-28-2007 at 04:19 PM. Reason: rerun

Oh, me...

I left it on, after the chicken segment, and they supposedly brought boiling or hot water to thaw the pump, and there was NO STEAM from that bucket, either, and Michael was able to use his bare hand to tip the bucket...

ACK!

I'm sorry, this is just too funny... I will watch in the future for the dramedy...

;0))

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PK...;2590975;
    Oh, me...

I left it on, after the chicken segment, and they supposedly brought boiling or hot water to thaw the pump, and there was NO STEAM from that bucket, either, and Michael was able to use his bare hand to tip the bucket...

ACK!

I'm sorry, this is just too funny... I will watch in the future for the dramedy...

;0))
    You are cracking me up!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Hahah...

I thank FORT for making me look at this "stuff" more closely... Otherwise, I would just nod my head and follow their bouncing ball anywhere they wanted me to go...

FORT!!!

;0))

I don't know how I missed the show.........am sorry to see the yellow team, the diva team, cooking again. They may have to shuffle the teams up to get a more equitable outcome.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PK...;2590975;
    Oh, me...

ACK!

;0))
    Kind of like in the movie Gladiator during the "Battle of Carthage" in the Colosseum, one of the chariots is turned over. Once the dust settles you can see a gas cylinder in the back of the chariot.

I hunted down the video of Wed episode on CBS.

That little Taylor really has a lot of self-entitlement. She wasn't the least bit moved by the mob reaction to her laziness. Most 10 year old would have been mortified to have a group of kids set things straight, but not little miss Taylor.

I agreed with those of you who felt Greg should have won the gold star. He did a ton work--NOT IN HIS work category....that should have been worth something. Besides he needs the money.....don't think Michael needs the money...it didn't even phase him or his mom.

I would like to see more kid play......every day stuff and some of the other regular kids.........instead of just the "stars"
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast