+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 9/26 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: 9/26 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Does this show make for interesting discussions with your children....or are they getting bored with it?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Stump;2589082;
    Since they're not voting anyone out or even voting on the council (how can Taylor still be a leader?) there's no game. And since it so obviously has to be scripted and tightly controlled there's not really much of a how will they do aspect either. So I can understand why reality show junkies wouldn't be interested.
    I think that they are voting on the Town Council when they are asked by the host at town meetings if they are happy with the job the council is doing. I think as soon as there is a majority that vote "no", instead of just Sophia and one or two others, whats-his-name-the-host will announce that they've just voted them out and need to elect new leaders.

eta:
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2589099;
    Does this show make for interesting discussions with your children....or are they getting bored with it?
    My kids are teenagers and not interested at all. I watch it on Innertube.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

In a perpetual state of reality television overload

Taylor annoys the hell out of me. She doesn't deserve to be on the council.

I thought Greg definately worked harder, but he had ulterior motives....obviously....since now that he didn't get the gold star, he's going to act out.

Looks like the red and blue districts are going to be the districts to beat. I bet Greg felt good when his team took over the upper class this week and dropped the red team down to their previous position as merchants.

Poor green team. They have so much heart, but so far the gold star winners have come from that district.

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;2589117;
    I think that they are voting on the Town Council when they are asked by the host at town meetings if they are happy with the job the council is doing. I think as soon as there is a majority that vote "no", instead of just Sophia and one or two others, whats-his-name-the-host will announce that they've just voted them out and need to elect new leaders.
    Maybe. If so then it's like Pirate Master and it'll be almost impossible to get the majority they need.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't get how people say things about Greg having ulterior motives. That makes it sound like there's a dark side to his actions. I don't think that there is a dark side; he saw and recognized what he thought would help him. He knows that his family needs the money to get him going in the direction that he wants to go in (college). Greg's actions are ALL fair, that I can see. What he did benefitted the group, and no one else knew how to kill the chicken for eating. I think that that, alone, merited him the star. His actions benefitted him, and benefitted the camp....so what's the beef (or fowl, pun intended!)? I can understand him being put off by the lack of appeciation of his efforts. As far as I am concerned, their decision was wrong. This boy busted his hump for these people....and for himself. There is nothing wrong with his actions, or why he utilized them. His only problem was that his maturity and understanding were showing when he put his plan into action. He was robbed!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

prhoshay, I agree with you. Greg should have gotten the gold star. I don't even care that he only worked harder in an attempt to win the star. Who cares what his motivation is as long as he does the work. Gutting those chickens alone was enough to convince me.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;2589909;
    prhoshay, I agree with you. Greg should have gotten the gold star. I don't even care that he only worked harder in an attempt to win the star. Who cares what his motivation is as long as he does the work. Gutting those chickens alone was enough to convince me.
    And I agree too. He stepped up and did what others could not do. He sees that the money would really help him get to college and take a burden off of his family. That is a mature thinking.

On a semi related note (teen boys and money), A local family won one million dollars in the "Big Spin" lottery. They would receive about $600k after taxes. The family of six, 2 parents and 4 kids, rented a garage to live in. When the kids were interviewed about what they wanted to do with the money the 16 and 14 yr olds said they wanted to buy a "Game Stop" video store. They had no concept of money.

I do believe Greg understand the value of a dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;2589909;
    I also agree and for the same reasons you all do. So what that wanting the money was his motivation, at least he HAD some. So many of those kids seem to be just wandering around trying to figure out what to do. He sees what needs to be done, and does it. I think it was obvious who should have won the star.

I also agree that Greg should have gotten the star. He's more than pulled his weight on both episodes so far, in my opinion, and who cares why? After all, I like my job fine, but I'd probably work a lot harder if there were going to be a $20k bonus to the employee of the bosses choice each week.
    Also in his favor--I noticed that he was also showing and explaining how to kill and dress the chicken, without trying to play big shot.
    I think the major problem here is that Mike has already made his mind up--did you see his face when Greg was nominated? It was obvious on day 1 that Mike has a problem with Greg, and I wonder whether he will ever vote for Greg to get anything.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Little miss beauty queen and Mike both annoy me. Greg was cheated, but hopefully a gold star is in his future. Loved when that one kid told Ashley to "shut her disrespectful mouth"-LOL.

This show is up against ANTM, so I'm not expecting to see a huge turnout in this forum. If I weren't such a reality tv addict I doubt I would have tuned in to a show about kids. Doubt if I'll watch often but will keep an eye out for the outcome.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast