+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 9/26 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 9/26 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Wow is this Taylor girl for real? I forget exactly what she said but it was something along the lines of "you guys can starve then."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Sure, she's for real! She's a beauty queen!!

I think it's time for a reality check for Miss Thing!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

It's wrong to say bad things about little kids, so when Taylor grows up I'm going to really dislike her and her attitude.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2587995;
    Greg was robbed!!!
    I totally agree. Whether he was trying to get the gold star or not, he still stepped up and did the dirty work so they could eat.

FORT Fanatic

Well, I really only watched because Pushing Daisies doesn't start till next week opposite this. I will watch PD and maybe tape this, just in case something good happens. But I thought tonight was a little boring, other than chopping the chickens' heads off. Was it just me or did those feathers come off the bird really easy? I saw a show on farming once where the lady of the farm de-feathered a bird, and it seemed like it was much more work for her.

Greg should have gotten the star, he did a lot of work, even if his motive was more to get the star than just to be a good worker and so forth. I think the star giving is really turning into more a popularity contest than based on merit.

Man, this whole Kid Nation thread is really short. We had more posters for Pirate Master and I thought it was sparse. Ae the viewers of this show not of the message board demo, or what?

Nick and Joe buddy ThatAintLove's Avatar

I'll admit Greg was robbed. And it was rather childish for Mike to be holding a grudge. The council is SUPPOSE to be fair but they aren't.
    "Torture him and make him stay."

Part of the problem with this show for me (And I AM a Reality Junky) is that you know there are all kinds of "Adults" crawling around just out of Camera Range, and they are not going to let the kids eat maggots or freeze to death or get into fights or set up a "pig Head" as a god (Where would the Christian audience be then???) It's all just too pat and "fixed" and scripted for my taste, I'll join Big Bro for "Pushing up Daisies" when it starts.

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

I think Michael was a good choice over Greg - after all, Michael was a contender last week and Sofia won it, so he was stepping up to the plate before he knew it was worth all the money. And Michael was working as well, he was the one who unfroze the pipe and seemed to be the chief water gatherer.

Greg, whilst he did do a lot of work this week, last week he did not and seemed to be working against the council, not with them. I really feel if Greg had won the star last night, he would have stopped working. This way he gets a chance to prove he is really in it for the town and not just himself. From the previews it looks as if he may hold a grudge, though.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

The problem with Michael winning it is that the green team sucks, at least in the challenges. And they lost the bonus for the town. No matter how hard Michael may be working normally him and his team didn't step up when it counted and with a green team already winning no way they should get another gold star.

I wonder how much the green team being "laborers" helps them with the gold stars. Seems that their jobs require them to seemingly work harder than the others so the impression may be that they work harder, even if it's only in their menial jobs and not where it counts.

Michael deserves to get a gold star some time this season. But it wasn't this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;2588989;
    Part of the problem with this show for me (And I AM a Reality Junky) is that you know there are all kinds of "Adults" crawling around just out of Camera Range, and they are not going to let the kids eat maggots or freeze to death or get into fights or set up a "pig Head" as a god (Where would the Christian audience be then???) It's all just too pat and "fixed" and scripted for my taste, I'll join Big Bro for "Pushing up Daisies" when it starts.
    I agree. I'm only watching it because it's a good show to watch with my kids.

Since they're not voting anyone out or even voting on the council (how can Taylor still be a leader?) there's no game. And since it so obviously has to be scripted and tightly controlled there's not really much of a how will they do aspect either. So I can understand why reality show junkies wouldn't be interested.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast