+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sanitary Facilities

Sanitary Facilities

After winning the prize of seven more "outhouses", they now have a total of eight. Are they really outhouses or porta-potties decorated to look like old-fashioned outhouses? I sure didn't see any of those laborers digging the deep pits needed for seven real outhouse. I think they'd still be digging.

Has anyone noticed a bath or shower house? One of the kids using the pump to get water for cooking their first meal mentioned that they'd have pump all of their water for cooking and washing up. These kids won't be looking so cute without their Saturday night baths. The older ones will be getting very greasy.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

FORT Fogey

Re: Sanitary Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;2583830;
    After winning the prize of seven more "outhouses", they now have a total of eight. Are they really outhouses or porta-potties decorated to look like old-fashioned outhouses? I sure didn't see any of those laborers digging the deep pits needed for seven real outhouse. I think they'd still be digging.

Has anyone noticed a bath or shower house? One of the kids using the pump to get water for cooking their first meal mentioned that they'd have pump all of their water for cooking and washing up. These kids won't be looking so cute without their Saturday night baths. The older ones will be getting very greasy.
    And during the 40 days, the older girls might need an extra bath or two.

I'm convinced that the "outhouses" are really porta-johns
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Of course they are...

The deed restrictions, even in a Hollywood Ghost Town in the middle of the desert, would preclude raw sewage dumped anywhere, even in the requisite "pits"... (unless they were dug by union "diggers"...

I wonder at the (imo) unnecessary reference to "monthly" cycles? I don't recall that ever being called to attention on FORT's Survivor forums - did I miss something?

;0))

PK
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

all the lkids I know would love to go 40 days without bathing, not joking either!
    If your not the lead dog the scenery never changes

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PK...;2584078;
    Of course they are...

The deed restrictions, even in a Hollywood Ghost Town in the middle of the desert, would preclude raw sewage dumped anywhere, even in the requisite "pits"... (unless they were dug by union "diggers"...

I wonder at the (imo) unnecessary reference to "monthly" cycles? I don't recall that ever being called to attention on FORT's Survivor forums - did I miss something?

;0))

PK
    I think it's less of an issue on Survivor as they are so food deprived a lot of the time that they may not need the "supplies" that are supplied. But it is an issue on any survivalist show. And it has come up now and then on Survivor. One time they actually were using the "supplies" in ways not intended by the producers as I recall... forgotten how, maybe to start fires, or as bandages.
    I don't think it's out of line to mention it...after all PG-13...anyone over 13 knows about this I would hope! I thought the reference was pretty subtlely phrased..less so than yours for example, but just imo.
    Good point about those being portapotties... but then what does the crew that does the labor have to do to them? Surely not empty the containers? Into what? Just swab them down?

In the preview for next week, it sure looked like one of the "outhouses" tipped over in the windstorm and there was no pit under it. That'll be fun to clean up.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

They are porta jons. These kids are also fed, unlike Survivor. No one, at least I hope no one, would let their kids into a TV show that didn't feed them. Okay, some parents would do this, and should be smacked.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

+ Reply to Thread