+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 9/19 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 9/19 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Well...this show didn't stink (for me). I liked it better than the Pirate show, I think because some of those kids are pretty funny. No doubt they are all precocious..."bad for your colon" . I wonder how much of it is scripted, and whether suggestions are made, ie. graffiti up the signs, next you need to do this, etc. etc., and just how much it is allowed to play out.

Quote Originally Posted by stcroix;2579951;
    I,too, wish they hadn't attached a dollar amount to the star! Tell them it's worth some money, but not TWENTY thousand dollars! Wow, those kids will be sucking up to the council now for sure. It would have been nice to see how some of them grew naturally as the show went on.
    I don't know what union wages would be for these kids for the days they were on the show.....why couldn't they have paid them union wages....then have a reward such as a comfy bed for a week?

....or let the kids make a list some good rewards for the "Star of the Week" Maybe each "Star" winner could choose their reward from that list of options, but not TWENTY thousand dollars!.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2579872;
    I think there was a PBS show some time ago where they had families recreate living like pioneers... anyone remember that? It was pretty intense, not so manipulative as this program.
    It was called Frontier House --- similar in that some families were "wealthier" than other families but I agree, much more intense. All the pbs "House" programs are amazing.

After sleeping on it, the only major concern I have is CBS "casting" the children into assigned roles: Greg = the bully, Michael = the peacekeeper, Taylor = the brat, etc. I hope it doesn't play out that way and the children's personalities are allowed to develop more.
    Last edited by Dixie; 09-20-2007 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Spelling error.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Jimmy was not the only 8 year old child there. There is another girl. It will be interesting to see if we have another meltdown. Was he cute? Yes, but he also struck me as the kind of kid who would go to a sleepover and then have to be taken home in the middle of the night due to not having any coping skills. Personally, I think he is probably smotheringly (I'm not even sure if that is a word, but it works for me), over-protected at home.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2579548;
    You thought Jared was authentic? I've got a lot of doubts about that kid saying even one word in those interview segments that wasn't fed directly to him. If he starts spouting constant one-liners like that in the candid moments, maybe I'll buy it... but not until then.
    I know a kid who was just like Jared. Extremely intelligent with a strange sense of humor.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Quote Originally Posted by SolarTempest;2579334;
    Oh yeah - alone with a camera crew, medical team, etc ...
    I meant without a family member, preferably parent or grandparent. I doubt that a camera crew or medical team would comfort a child quite the same.

FORT Fogey

The Gold Star should have a different value every week. Then those that work hard will continue to work and the slackers will slack. And it should eliminate the suck ups.

I must be the only one that was NOT impressed with this show. It was TOO staged.

FORT Fan

After watching this show, I like Sophia and Laurel. Some of the other kids seem genuine, but I know the producers scripted it this way but I dont really like Greg. I also dont like Michael the peacekeeper for some reason. Maybe that will change

I liked the show and will watch again next week.

CBS is going to repeat this show on Saturday night at 8 p.m.

I only saw parts of it on Thursday night, too many interruptions. I would think by now everyone would know not to call me during my reality fixes!

+ Reply to Thread