+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 9/19 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Newbie

Re: 9/19 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Well, it's been a long while since I posted here, but I had to start up again with this show!

I am really enjoying the premise. The kids are typical/normal and I think this is going to be a wonderful experience for them. I love Sophia (reminds me of me) and just think she is an absolute star.

Jimmy was adorable and I think his parents should be very proud about having a son who is articulate with his feelings and unbending to peer pressure.

I think the gold star is going to become an issue as the series progresses - maybe they should of waited until the end to reveal what the value was/is so there would be more honest actions from the kids vs huge incentive to behave.

I'm really hoping for a revolt and possible anarchy! Just kidding - but it will be interesting to also see if hormones come into play and what happens there.

Quote Originally Posted by ihatedustbin;2579537;
    I thought there were many really funny moments too...running from the girls, fighting on the hill at the end...I am looking forward to this.

That was pretty funny...loved it too. Would like to see more of those moments rather than produced segments.

I am going to enjoy the show too
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

I was ready to hate this show. I liked it. I think the kids are learning much needed lessons on leadership,finances, and responsibility. I think they all will be much more appreciative of what they have when they return home.

I am going to work and tell my boss "I am a Beauty Queen I can't sell insurance"lol.

I betcha when little Jimmy got home he kissed the floor, the bed and thanked goodness for just being an eight year old.

Well I think this will be a great show.
    I didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I did...

But my early favourites would have to be Michael, Mallory and Sophia.
    Sucks to see Jimmy leave so early, but he's right, 8 is a fairly young age for something of this scale.
    And, as thought before this started, Greg is a complete jerk. No surprises there.

FORT Fanatic

Just waned to add, they interviewed the 3 kids from Indiana on the Indy news tonight and said each kid got $5,000 for participating on the show. Probably had to pay them, but that does bring up the issue of child labor laws and those 15 hour days I read about.

FORT Newbie

Mike, the Boy's Scout, and his sort of "listen to me and don't question me because I know better since I'm the leader" (sense of entitlement) attitude, would have totally rubbed me the wrong way when I was a kid too. His intentions are obviously good... but jeez. Chill, man.

My favorites so far is Anjay, who seems like a level headed leader and Sophia, who comes off level headed as well and also a girl of action! Haha. She deserved her golden star.

This show reminds me of that other reality program, Frontier House! But with kids obviously. Fun stuff.

Loved this show...laughed and teared and couldn't help but think of the parents of these kids watching this and learning so much more about them. good job cbs!
    Spin master in training

FORT Fan

I gave this a try even though I just can't stand other people's kids. Pleasantly surprised. Sad to see that cutie Jimmy leave, but's it great to see a kid not cave to peer pressure.

I'm with the rest of you who think that a dollar amount shouldn't have been attached to the gold star. The kids were already thrilled by the star before the money was mentioned.

I liked the show, but wondered how they came up with 40 kids who couldn't figure out how to make Macaroni and cheese. When I was 10 I was cooking dinner for my entire family as my Mom worked.

I also think they must have intentionally picked kids from more rural areas. Tell a city kid to make pancakes with goats milk... eww and gross would have been the reply.

I think there was a PBS show some time ago where they had families recreate living like pioneers... anyone remember that? It was pretty intense, not so manipulative as this program.

It's obvious that they favor certain kids as we saw them over and over. Jimmie was smart to go home, but he sure was a cutie.
    Tahoe bound....

I watched this show only because I needed a *patch* to help me get over my Big Brother addiction... and LOVED it! I liked to see how human nature is always the same, no matter what the age. Some leaders, some followers, some threatened by authority, etc. I,too, wish they hadn't attached a dollar amount to the star! Tell them it's worth some money, but not TWENTY thousand dollars! Wow, those kids will be sucking up to the council now for sure. It would have been nice to see how some of them grew naturally as the show went on.

I agree about poor little Jared-- he had way too many canned comments that were supposed to be cute, I guess. And Jimmy was just precious! Too bad he felt he had to leave, but I totally understand-- I would have been the same way at eight.

I thought we were having this show on Wed, Thurs, and Fri nights this week? Where did I get that?

+ Reply to Thread