+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 9/19 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 9/19 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

So Sophia almost screwed herself out of a gold star, eh? Without even knowing. I like her though, even with the apparent bossiness.

Taylor just gave a "beauty pageant contestant" type answer to the "do you want to go home" question.

Poor Jimmy. Can't criticize an 8 year old for homesickness. I think they need to be 10 or 11 before we dare do that!!!

Revealing the dollar value of the Gold Star to the kids was a mistake I think. That makes it pretty damn competitive.
    Last edited by Krom; 09-19-2007 at 09:01 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

This is not going to be popular to say, but I don't think little Jimmy has been weaned from the breast yet!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

After this payout cronyism will flourish.

I think the $$ was to entice them to get up off their butts and work hard...hopefully it doesn't get cut throat.

They'll be slitting each others' throats now to get to the money. How long before they start forming alliances?
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2579293;
    This is not going to be popular to say, but I don't think little Jimmy has been weaned from the breast yet!
    I'm still wondering why a parent would allow an eight year old to leave home for that long, alone.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2579301;
    They'll be slitting each others' throats now to get to the money. How long before they start forming alliances?
    In a way, that means that Sophia is likely to be the only kid we are absolutely sure earned it on pure merit instead of lots of kissing up or kiddie-politicking. I mean for all that she appears to be a malcontent, at least her motivations seemed honest. That Greg kid on the other hand, if the editing is even half-honest, seems to actually have an agenda.

And on that "honesty" question, didn't that "mom cam" seem a bit too convenient? I HATE producer manipulation. HATE IT. Curse you producers! I hope they sent that crew only because they asked the council the day before for the best possibilities. I'd hate to think they fixed this. I mean they DIDN'T send out 40 camera crews to 40 homes--we know that.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2579303;
    I'm still wondering why a parent would allow an eight year old to leave home for that long, alone.
    Oh yeah - alone with a camera crew, medical team, etc ...

Well, my doubts about the show have proved right for me but as any rubbernecker will tell you, it's just too hard to look away. So basically that means I'll watch again next week

Poor Jimmy, he just wasn't old enough for the show, he even said it himself more than once. Which means he's probably more mature than half the kids who stayed.

Next week some of them want to kill a chicken. Can't wait to see how that turns out.

I missed the show tonight, but my 11 year old told me she really enjoyed it. I look forward to seeing this episode tomorrow (Stuck @ the fire station today). I also look forward to discussing this show with you guys this season!

+ Reply to Thread