+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 9/19 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Fanatic

Re: 9/19 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2579872;
    I liked the show, but wondered how they came up with 40 kids who couldn't figure out how to make Macaroni and cheese. When I was 10 I was cooking dinner for my entire family as my Mom worked.

I also think they must have intentionally picked kids from more rural areas. Tell a city kid to make pancakes with goats milk... eww and gross would have been the reply.

I think there was a PBS show some time ago where they had families recreate living like pioneers... anyone remember that? It was pretty intense, not so manipulative as this program.

It's obvious that they favor certain kids as we saw them over and over. Jimmie was smart to go home, but he sure was a cutie.

Yeah, Skyhigh, I remember that PBS show, "Frontier House" I think it was called. If memory serves, there were some kids on there, but mostly adults, and it was much more realistic, without all the games, like the water bottles, and no store with candy! What struck me on that show was how really dirty it was. And they had a ton of flies around,and they would be all over the food and stuff. Really Gross! but pretty interesting.

Edit: Eh, I see some other posters have already confirmed the title of the PBS show. Should have read the whole thread first.
    Last edited by waitforbigbro; 09-21-2007 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Ima dummy

I liked it better than I thought I would... I found it darned near fascinating, and even teared up a couple times...

The gold star angle is a good one, I think... I loved the girl's reaction (Getting names straight will take a while!) and her mother's concerned reaction, when she first thought there was a problem...

It will be interesting to see how the behavior of the others will change as a result. Surely they will all work a little harder...

I loved the creative bit where the girl collected the $3.00 for the bicycle.

I thought the arbitrary teams for the first challenge a little lopsided, but maybe they will shake them up in the future... The lazy upper class will need a reality check, soon,
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PK...;2581204;
    I liked it better than I thought I would... I found it darned near fascinating, and even teared up a couple times...
    Only a couple? I was losing it during the entire show. Not surprising considering the commercials got to me too.

The little guy who left (Jimmy?) was just too cute for words.

I'm surprised that the girl who won the gold star (can't remember her name) wasn't selected to be one of the council members. She seems more mature than some of the adults I know.

No matter how well-meaning the show is, I can't stop associating it with Lord of the Flies. I'm just waiting for them to run out of food.

Hah...

I was almost afraid to mention it... Cause I'm a tough old broad...

(supposedly...)

I wonder how often they are going to turn the council? If they GIVE the stars, they can't GET one, right? That will begin to weigh on them...

If they keep having to dump out the macaroni, it won't be long before they run out of food...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

I swore I had goosebumps from my back to my arm and back all over again when Sophia received the Gold Star. The way her mother reacted made me almost cry (but I stopped myself so...)

This is an incredible show and I was disapointed to see that one boy leave to go home I was pretty sure he would stay. Now Im not sure of the names yet because there are 40 of them but Im assuming that everyone knows who the council for the yellow team is? And how she wanted to go home? But I was proud of how she wanted to stick with the kids and stay in the town. It would be such a disapointment if she had left.
    People, get my school a tv show. I'd be the reality villan. Recognize, hoes.
    Amis, Lauren, Anya

Ahhhh. I really enjoyed this show. The girl who got the gold star, also was the one who danced for dollars, right ? Sophia ?

I was a little surprised that they chose her because she spoke up against the council ... I thought they would choose the boy ( Mike ?) who spoke up and got them under control. But according to the previews, it looks like gold star young lady is going to continue to make waves.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I can't wait to see more of this show. I am sure the money they are earning is not just intended for them to spend on candy, bicycles and rootbeer. I am sure this is the only time we will see kids cheer for a outhouse over a tv.lol

FORT Fogey

I watched this show the first night it was on. I wasn't really impressed but after reading so many kuddos from FoRTers, I watched it again last night.
    I still don't see the greatness of this show. I see a bunch of kids improvising on a written script.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2579137;
    Hee! Looks like it's not a democracy. Leadership has been appointed by an omnipotent, unseen entity.
    Actually it's a democracy much like ours . . . appointed by the omnipotent, unseen entity of Daddy Bush from his fortress of solitude in Maine.

I don't see a thread for tonight's show but I can't believe they let that teenager swing an axe so close to the hands of another kid. I understand the older boy actually worked jobs where he helped slaughter animals but he still could have accidently missed.

And how is one small chicken going to feed 40 people (or 39 now that Jimmy is gone) unless they do a big pot of chicken and rice or noodles.

The one girl lives on a farm yet she is devastated about the chicken being killed. It looks like she might leave at the next meeting.

And now Princess Taylor doesn't want to cook because it's cold. But cooking is her teams job. But she doesn't care.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 09-26-2007 at 09:24 PM.

+ Reply to Thread