+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Taylor

FORT Newbie

Re: Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2627000;
    OK, I'm really curious what it is she likes about her....does she really think she'd like to be in Bonanza with her (but not part of her lazy girls clique)? Does she just like the way she wises off? I'd think a kid like your daughter could see through her, so trying to figure out why another kid would like her. Can you ask her for us? Of course there are some adults on here who like her and I can't figure that out either!

She said she likes her because she doesn't let the older kids push her around. I am not sure what to make of it - she also told me should would like to go on the show but not until she is older. I wonder if at 8 kids are concerned that their older peers are going to be the leaders. In a twisted way she probably does see Taylor as a leader, someone who protects the younger children. I dunno.

FORT Newbie

Taylor needs a good ass-kicking.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2630701;
    That's because she's the Queen Bee--the instigator. The misbehavior of many of the other kids is based on hers.
    We only see the same 10-15 of the 38 kids on a weekly basis. So we don't know what the others are really like. They could be way worse and have a radio face and not a TV face.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by crazyleggirl;2630769;
    She said she likes her because she doesn't let the older kids push her around. I am not sure what to make of it - she also told me should would like to go on the show but not until she is older. I wonder if at 8 kids are concerned that their older peers are going to be the leaders. In a twisted way she probably does see Taylor as a leader, someone who protects the younger children. I dunno.
    OK, I can definitely see that as a valid reason for a younger kid to like her. That is certainly something positive you can say for Taylor, in a world where older=bigger (Greg for example) and stronger, she's standing tough. Over the wrong issues from the adult viewpoint, but she isn't intimidated. I'm assuming your daughter has seen a normal American schoolyard, where the big kids do push around the younger/smaller ones and even bully them.

i love her diva ass <3

I think it's worth noting that we're probably seeing about two percent of everything that goes on in that town. Of 38 kids there, I don't believe for a minute that Taylor is the only one who ever acts like a brat. The thing about Taylor is that when she acts like a brat, it makes good television. She's very demonstrative, she creates the conflict necessary to make a show, and on top if it, the fact that she's a little "princess" type means that more people are going to tune in and hope harder that she gets her comeuppance than they would if she were like some average kid. It's no wonder that the one-eyed monster targeted her from the first.
    "Better to burn out than just fade away...." - Neil Young

Quote Originally Posted by Bonbonlover;2629224;
    I know I will be very frustrated if Taylor has some sort of epiphany and receives the gold star. There are many kids out there who have been working from day 1 and are a contant help. Taylor has not only refused to help, but she has brought the town down. A turn around in behavior should nt merit her receiving the star over those who have been a constant for the town...
    You're probably right about the gold star, but I'd just about bet you that Taylor will be somewhat redeemed before this is all over. That makes for great television. People tend to love stories that end with a villain type seeing the error of his / her ways and reforming.

Quote Originally Posted by edgeover17;2631856;
    You're probably right about the gold star, but I'd just about bet you that Taylor will be somewhat redeemed before this is all over. That makes for great television. People tend to love stories that end with a villain type seeing the error of his / her ways and reforming.
    I agree that reality TV loves arcs like this. And producers will do the best to manipulate a situation to create something like this.

And yet... even with massive prodding, if the girl doesn't "bite" and show the proper remorse, or change her behaviors, the show may have difficulty arranging it. We could argue that they might have edited her badly in the early stages, except that a lot of her misbehavior is right out in the open--pretty hard to mis- or re- interpret. They could bring in psychologists and try to get "redeeming" statements from the kid in interview segments with leading questions. There's a lot they COULD do. But its still possible they might not be able to coax the right responses.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2633197;
    I agree that reality TV loves arcs like this. And producers will do the best to manipulate a situation to create something like this.

And yet... even with massive prodding, if the girl doesn't "bite" and show the proper remorse, or change her behaviors, the show may have difficulty arranging it. We could argue that they might have edited her badly in the early stages, except that a lot of her misbehavior is right out in the open--pretty hard to mis- or re- interpret. They could bring in psychologists and try to get "redeeming" statements from the kid in interview segments with leading questions. There's a lot they COULD do. But its still possible they might not be able to coax the right responses.
    Absolutely true. Things can be edited to give them the desired appearance, but as another poster pointed out, one thing editing can't do is create something that isn't there to begin with. No one (we assume) is making Taylor act like a brat. And no one will force Taylor to repent either. If either behavior is there, it will be edited for maximum viewer appeal for use in the show; if it isn't there, then it isn't there and no amount of editing will change that.

FORT Fogey

I think they have edited all of Taylors outbursts over the 40 days and have added them in to the first few shows. Someone else had noticed that she was wearing different clothes in the different shots in what was supposed to be the same tantrum. interesting!
    If they try to redeem her for the gold star, then this would make it easier to do.
    Edit all of her Barbie PMS moments to be at the beginning and put all of her zoloft moments at the end of the 40 days. Time will tell!!

+ Reply to Thread