+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Taylor

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Taylor

The problem people have with Taylor is not that she's bossy and/or assertive, it's that she's also lazy and wants other people to do the work she's supposed to be doing. And bossy PLUS lazy is a lethal combination. You can maybe get away with one or the other, but not together. Learn to pull your weight, girl....lead by doing or at least lead WHILE doing. You don't have to shut up, but you do have to work while talking.
    And while you're at it, stop practicing to be one of "the mean girls."

im physic

iam looking into the future

i see taylor in 2020

here she is

any bb8 fans will find that funny

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i had the same thought

re: previous messages about how she needs to be a bitch or she'll get walked all over, there's a difference between being a bitch and being assertive. you can be assertive/tough while still getting your hands dirty and doing what needs to get done. what taylor is doing is playing the "little miss princess" card ... she's above working, everyone else can do it while she just has fun.

FORT Fogey

I like this girl. She's confident and has the enviable quality of not being easily hurt.

I know people like her. They're not mean - they are just wired differently than most.

She handled her loss well, and demonstrated compassion for the recipient of the gold star.

She does need to learn a thing or two about getting along with people and maybe this show will do the trick.

Plus, I can't bad-talk a kid. A kid is a kid - not an adult. They don't always know bette nor should they be expected to.

I like her andwish her the best!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2620054;
    The problem people have with Taylor is not that she's bossy and/or assertive, it's that she's also lazy and wants other people to do the work she's supposed to be doing. And bossy PLUS lazy is a lethal combination. You can maybe get away with one or the other, but not together. Learn to pull your weight, girl....lead by doing or at least lead WHILE doing. You don't have to shut up, but you do have to work while talking.
    And while you're at it, stop practicing to be one of "the mean girls."
    I'm with you...if you are going to be a bitch than be about business! if she said 'deal with it' and was actually getting stuff done and being a good contributor to the town than I don't think people would dislike her so much. That older guy Greg isn't always on the best behavior wasn't but he worked hard and the others respect him for that. Nobody respects a lazy person with an attitude.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Jexter I feel badly badmouthing a child also... but she's not that young a child anymore. It's time to learn that the little miss princess role is NOT a good one...and since her parents aren't teaching her this maybe the show will....and if she's wired differently hopefully it's not too late to rewire her. Faulty wiring is not a good thing!
    I just don't see anything "adorable" about her at all. I'd certainly not want my kids to play with her.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;2619421;
    I am afraid she's right in most of the south anyway..lol...you are dismissed if you AREN'T a bitch...lol...you are looked at as demure...quiet...and submissive..then people try to run all over you....you learn early and you learn quick to stand up for yourself
    Not necessarily. My aunt is from the south and she is a CEO and she didn't get there by being a doormat. But she didn't get there by being a b***h either. She's a very intelligent and kind person with great business sense and she's a really hard worker. She's probably one of the sweetest people I know.

ETA: I also feel uncomfortable bad mouthing a child but I do hope she and her parents learn something from this and nip this behavior in the bud. I highly doubt it, though...

FORT's Fiercest!!! Ruairidh1992's Avatar
    I don't see whats so bad about her.
    NOT(!) a Dominique fan*~

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, if lazy and bossy and snide don't bother you, then she's fine I guess. To each their own....

Quote Originally Posted by cntmfan;2618841;
    You be walked over if you are submissive and passive. Being a bitch is the only chance for a woman to take charge unfortunately because of gender roles. I bet if one of the boys acted twice as bad as Taylor has, they wouldn't be getting half the slack.
    If Taylor had actually been leading effectively, this might wash.

The thing is... she wasn't.

"Deal with it", in her mouth, was simply a way to say "shut up". In other better mouths it might mean "do what you need to make it work". And that's one of the differences between a clueless leader and a competent one.

Also, its not a false cliche that leaders need to lead by example. Taylor put herself in the position of telling people to work without being willing to work herself. If she HAD been a hard worker than she could justify being as "bitchy" as she needed to be to get people to follow her example. Because at that point, the expectation of respect is realistic. But demanding respect just because "I'm the leader"? It's nonsense. In both the real world AND reality TV.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread