+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Taylor

FORT Fogey

Re: Taylor

Check Taylor out at Independent Movie Database. She is an actress. She might not be getting paid for her time on Kid Nation, but I think it might be safe to assume she's there for reasons other than just the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;2705997;
    maybe here in GA, she'll be completely accepted, but I laugh when I think of her heading out into the 'real world'!!
    No, I imagine most of us in her home state are thinking she needs a good old fashioned spanking; oops, thats out of style. She needs a good long time out, a few months should begin working a little bit. What a brat. (I cannot imagine why anyone would make the statement that this is the way all GA or Southern girls are raised)
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Taylor is the ring leader and the other girls follow. that is obvious.

I am sure she is not a bad child but she is spoiled rotten. I do not like to see an epsiode full of Taylor. We've had to many of those.
    How will those kids feel who have participated but were hardly on air?
    Crazy Foreign Woman

Quote Originally Posted by KTinCT;2704786;
    I like all children. They're children.

That said ... I don’t believe for a minute that Taylor did all those dishes.

The cameras made a point of showing a pile that went out the door. A collection that would have required four, maybe five changes of dishwater. A pile that would require clean, hot soapy water to be sanitary enough to eliminate health-threatening bacteria. A pile that would have to be dried and put away in order to make room for the next cooking and meal prep.

I don’t care that Taylor didn’t do what was implied. I’m more inclined to think that those kids have always had help with the dishes, washing clothes, and cleaning toilet facilities. I would actually hope so. I know how my son did dishes when he was forced to do it. Certainly not the safest or cleanest of jobs.

My only objection is the show’s inference that Taylor redeemed herself when it was probably more of an arranged compromise. She got away with the letter from home. Touching. But I think it would have been better to let her fade into the background than to highlight her stubborn refusals one more time, only to dupe young viewers into thinking she drew on some super-human stamina and saved the day.

<2nd posting>
    They actually showed one of the boys taking pity on her and helping her out with them

Quote Originally Posted by dodie430;2704842;
    Well there is an "adult" chef present in the kitchen, so maybe he/she helps out if needed (or at least ensures minimal health standards are followed).

....I hope anyway...lol... because I was thinking the same thing about the filthy dishes.
    Where did you hear that from? There is the fact that the little girl that keeps begging for a gold star (David?) burned herself in the kitchen and her mom is suing (probably because her kid didn't get a gold star. she doesn't deserve one) which makes me think that the kids are doing it all by themselves.

FORT Fan

Geez, she's just a little girl.

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;2709529;
    Where did you hear that from? There is the fact that the little girl that keeps begging for a gold star (David?) burned herself in the kitchen and her mom is suing (probably because her kid didn't get a gold star. she doesn't deserve one) which makes me think that the kids are doing it all by themselves.
    From this article:

Divad, an 11-year-old girl from Fayetteville, Ga., whose mother wrote the letter of complaint and who was burned with hot grease while cooking, said she would not repeat the experience. She said there was no adult supervision of the cooking operation when she was hurt, although there often was an adult “chef” present in the kitchen.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Somebody p-l-e-a-s-e give me a break......she only got popped with grease while frying something. That's one of the hazards of walking/cooking in a kitchen while something is frying. How DARE those frying potatoes pop and burn her!!

How much stupider does this get?? I hate people who choose to be stupid.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2707838;
    No, I imagine most of us in her home state are thinking she needs a good old fashioned spanking; oops, thats out of style. She needs a good long time out, a few months should begin working a little bit. What a brat. (I cannot imagine why anyone would make the statement that this is the way all GA or Southern girls are raised)
    I almost wrote this myself, but figured it's not 'P.C.' anymore with some people, so I held off. FWIW, I totally agree with you!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;2712556;
    I almost wrote this myself, but figured it's not 'P.C.' anymore with some people, so I held off. FWIW, I totally agree with you!
    FWIW? Translation please!! This is pretty much a jargon text messaging free site so you know you have to assume we won't know much beyond TPTB and UTR and LMAO.
    And I'm an anti-spanker, but if I were pro, yup, Taylor would be tempting!

+ Reply to Thread