+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Taylor

FORT Fogey

Re: Taylor

i have always thought she was a paid actor. sorry i don't care she is 10, she is evil

just kidding

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Maybe people are saying mean things about Taylor as a swipe at the people who have brought her up this way. That would make sense.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dodie430;2703867;
    I agree that her behaviour isn't flattering at all. I also agree that Reality TV invites citicism/examination of that behaviour.

It just saddens me to think this 10 year old will read (or be reading in the near future), some of the outright venom I've read.

I would never have subjected a child of mine to that kind of exposure, knowing full well the possible outcome. That being said - I would venture a guess that her parents are either oblivious to it or condone/think it's cute.

I looked at the pageant website pictures of her, and although I understand that it's a whole different psyche in that circle - it's certainly not a psyche indicative of the "real world". Parents make mistakes, poor decisions all the time - it's part of growing and learning as a parent, I guess I just wish Taylor didn't have to pay for this poor decision so publicly.

I don't believe for one second that she is a bad kid at 10 years old, just a little misguided at present and hopefully that'll change as she gets older. If you have to look at a possible "plus" in this situation - maybe her parents will see that her behaviour isn't so "cute" and takes steps to rectify it.

Ahhh well - just an opinion.
    There have been postive comments about Taylor here from other people who've lived the pageant life....that is, really positive ones, they like her, they like her spunk, etc., and see nothing wrong with her loafing while others work and failing to pull her weight. If her parents are involved with that circle I doubt they'll see anything wrong with what she did either, they'll probably just think the rest of the world is "up tight". Basically a feeling that the world owes Taylor a living.....because they think she's pretty??? And looks are all that matter, even for chickens? Very sad.
    Last edited by PWS; 12-03-2007 at 03:46 PM.

I like all children. They're children.

That said ... I don’t believe for a minute that Taylor did all those dishes.

The cameras made a point of showing a pile that went out the door. A collection that would have required four, maybe five changes of dishwater. A pile that would require clean, hot soapy water to be sanitary enough to eliminate health-threatening bacteria. A pile that would have to be dried and put away in order to make room for the next cooking and meal prep.

I don’t care that Taylor didn’t do what was implied. I’m more inclined to think that those kids have always had help with the dishes, washing clothes, and cleaning toilet facilities. I would actually hope so. I know how my son did dishes when he was forced to do it. Certainly not the safest or cleanest of jobs.

My only objection is the show’s inference that Taylor redeemed herself when it was probably more of an arranged compromise. She got away with the letter from home. Touching. But I think it would have been better to let her fade into the background than to highlight her stubborn refusals one more time, only to dupe young viewers into thinking she drew on some super-human stamina and saved the day.

<2nd posting>

Well there is an "adult" chef present in the kitchen, so maybe he/she helps out if needed (or at least ensures minimal health standards are followed).

....I hope anyway...lol... because I was thinking the same thing about the filthy dishes.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;2617904;
    lmao...now I understand why she sounds so much like my own child....a GA girl...lol..for those of you that watch the bachelor...lol...this is why the GA women are so outspoken and feisty..its how we are raised....even I have to admit though..she needed kicked off the council and it was GOOD to see it happen
    Perish the thought-- I'm here in GA and my daughter is being raised to be NOTHING like Taylor. There's nothing wrong with being outspoken or even feisty, as I can attest to, having grown up in Mass., but there's a difference between being outspoken and standing up for your convictions and being outspoken and being completely disrespectful of everyone around you.

It's a sad, sad world when an 8yr-old distinguishes between ugly and pretty chickens and says the ugly ones deserve to die. More than anything else, *that* is what Taylor needs some work on. Her skewed outlook on life is completely unrealistic; maybe here in GA, she'll be completely accepted, but I laugh when I think of her heading out into the 'real world'!!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by earthdog#2;2620076;
    im physic

iam looking into the future

i see taylor in 2020

here she is

any bb8 fans will find that funny
    ROFL!!! I think your prediction is spot on!!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Newbie

I still think she needs a swift kick in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by earthdog#2;2620076;
    im physic

iam looking into the future

i see taylor in 2020

here she is

any bb8 fans will find that funny

Indeed - I agree!
    Taylor is really beautiful on the outside, but such a little snot on the inside.
    She has a lot to learn.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

[QUOTE=cantstopwatchin;2705997;]Perish the thought-- I'm here in GA and my daughter is being raised to be NOTHING like Taylor. There's nothing wrong with being outspoken or even feisty, as I can attest to, having grown up in Mass., but there's a difference between being outspoken and standing up for your convictions and being outspoken and being completely disrespectful of everyone around you.

It's a sad, sad world when an 8yr-old distinguishes between ugly and pretty chickens and says the ugly ones deserve to die. More than anything else, *that* is what Taylor needs some work on. Her skewed outlook on life is completely unrealistic; maybe here in GA, she'll be completely accepted, but I laugh when I think of her heading out into the 'real world'!![/QUOTE]

She'll probably never leave Georgia....

+ Reply to Thread