+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laurel

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Laurel

Laurel: Age 12
    Medford, MA

What is your favorite quote?
    SHOOT FOR THE MOON, IF YOU MISS, CATCH A STAR!

Do you have a favorite video game?
    No.

List some of your favorite movies?
    Dream Girls, Hairspray, Finding Nemo, Mean Girls and Fever Pitch.

Do you have a favorite book?
    Well anyone that knows me knows that reading is my passion. I guess I don't have a favorite book I love so many of them. Right now I am hooked on a series called The Clique Series by Lisi Harrison. There are currently 8 books, she is working on her 9th. I was waiting so badly for the 8th book to come out that I wrote to Lisi and asked her to please just send me the draft, I don't care about grammatical errors or things like that. I just needed to know what happens. I always write to the authors of the books I read. I've written to Lisi, Judy Blume and Sharon Creech many times. I typically get back a generic response but that's ok maybe someday one of the authors will read my letter.

What are your favorite colors?
    Pink, Black, Orange and Green.

What kind of music do you like?
    I like most music. Alternative, Pop, Hip Hop, Musical Theater, Dance, Show Tunes and Disco.

What's your favorite TV show?
    Besides the new hit reality tv show coming soon called Kid Nation, my favorite tv show is called DeGrassi.

Who are your favorite movie stars?
    Adam Sandler, Reese Witherspoon, Julia Roberts, Miley Cyrus, Lindsay Lohan, Zach Effron, Amanda Bines, and John Travolta.

Do you have a favorite drink?
    Black and White Frappe. (Not sure if people from outside Massachusetts will know what this is).

What is your favorite food?
    Fettuccine Alfredo.

What's your favorite ice-cream flavor?
    Coffee.

What's your favorite sports team?
    St. Francis Girls CYO Basketball Team (of which I am a member) and The Boston Red Sox.

Do you read comics? What are your favorites?
    No.

Where do you like to go on vacation?
    I like cruises, my family has been on a bunch of them. My next vacation is going to be traveling around Europe. We hope to do that next year.

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
    If you think I'm going to say Hawaii, Aruba or some tropical island, you are wrong. I WOULD GO BACK TO BONANZA CITY, NEW MEXICO AND DO IT ALL AGAIN. I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT THERE, EVEN THOUGH THERE WAS NO TV, NO VIDEO GAMES, NO IPOD, NO PHONE, NO HAIR DRYERS, NO LIP GLOSS, NO MODERN DAY COMFORTS, I HAD MORE FUN THERE THAN I COULD HAVE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD!

What's your favorite subject in school?
    English and Social Studies.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Re: Laurel

What is your favorite quote?
    SHOOT FOR THE MOON, IF YOU MISS, CATCH A STAR!
    WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING AT ME, LAUREL?

Besides, what if you miss the moon and only land in the cold, vast emptiness of outer space?

FORT Newbie

Another red sox fan. Wow I love these sox fans. You go Laurel

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
    If you think I'm going to say Hawaii, Aruba or some tropical island, you are wrong. I WOULD GO BACK TO BONANZA CITY, NEW MEXICO AND DO IT ALL AGAIN. I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT THERE, EVEN THOUGH THERE WAS NO TV, NO VIDEO GAMES, NO IPOD, NO PHONE, NO HAIR DRYERS, NO LIP GLOSS, NO MODERN DAY COMFORTS, I HAD MORE FUN THERE THAN I COULD HAVE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD!

I LOVE this response!

I thought this girl made an awesome leader the first episode. At first she was a little quiet, but i think she knows what she is doing. And that part with Jimmy was the cutest thing ever. I was surprised he did not stay, after that conversation.

Laurel is awesome. I was really impressed with her ability to build relationships with the other kids.

FORT Fan

Laurel is my favorite. I wish that she could win the gold star

FORT Fan

Laurel is my fav too. She didn't deserve to lose her seat on the council to Michael but I am really glad that she did so that she could win a gold star.
    She has been the best leader there IMHO. Really a nice kid

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I gotta say, I just Looooove Laurel! I've been cheering her (and her fellow Green Team members) on since Episode One. I have loved that even though they didn't move from the laborers in the few weeks, they didn't give up or complain about it all the time.

Laurel, you have made this former Massachusetts resident SO PROUD! I have pointed out your various handling of situations out to my 4.5 yr old, as examples of how to act and behave. I know losing the seat on the council was hard, but it also gave you a chance to win the gold star you so richly deserved. Thanks for making Kid Nation so fun to watch!!!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Laurel is great! I thought she made a great leader. There were some times when she almost lost it like when they had to switch up the teams but i think she is quite a level headed person.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast