+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Greg

Re: Greg

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2675413;
    The gentle side of him is very endearing and I hope given time it will win out over the more aggressive side.
    If it does I think he'll turn into quite an impressive young man.
    I agree, and I actually think he will turn out just fine. I think some of his behavior could be due to being the oldest and biggest here, and with no adults here he probably feels that the younger kids should do as he says.
    I really think 15 is just a little too old for this game; Greg is old enough to be thinking learner's license, dating , etc at this point. I realize Blaine is almost the same age, but Blaine also has a much more laid back personality in general than most 14 year old I know.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2675413;
    Greg confuses me to no end.
    ........but then he can be very kind hearted, like he was with Randi this week when he carried her off to her bed because she was crying.

The gentle side of him is very endearing and I hope given time it will win out over the more aggressive side.
    If it does I think he'll turn into quite an impressive young man.
    Somewhere along the line, Greg has learned to respect women, which is a good thing. I would bet Greg is very close to his mom. His good side / bad side seems to be divided along the gender lines.

But Greg's people skills with the guys seem to be limited to Blaine. Blaine's behavior over his move to the Yellow District makes it clear to me that Blaine wasn't that crazy about Greg, and even welcomed the chance to get away from him.

I'm also not suggesting that Greg needs his butt kicked by someone a lot bigger than he is. That only reinforces the notion of it being all about who can whip who. Losing out to Anjay for the council seat might be a good life lesson to Greg. However, I think the kids on the Blue District are too shallow to see what they'd be letting themselves in for with Greg at the helm. They are all so against Anjay that they will vote Greg in.
    "Better to burn out than just fade away...." - Neil Young

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2676179;
    I really think 15 is just a little too old for this game; Greg is old enough to be thinking learner's license, dating , etc at this point. I realize Blaine is almost the same age, but Blaine also has a much more laid back personality in general than most 14 year old I know.
    Greg and Blaine seem to me like opposites - Greg with a more rural upbringing, Blaine more urban.

To me, the middle school ages - 13,14,15 - have got to be among the most difficult of a person's lifetime. One minute you're being told you're too old for things, the next you're being told you're too young. You're expected to act like an adult while being treated like a kid.

Yeah, I think 14-going-on-15 is probably "too old" for this show, but without a couple of boys that age around, what will the kids do when stuff like tipping outhouses needs to be done ? Seeing the kids work that problem themselves made for pretty good show material. Had it not been for Greg and Blaine, that problem would have been remedied off-camera by a couple of adult stage hands.

I wonder how Greg would react if they had a 16 yr old move into town?

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;2676948;
    I wonder how Greg would react if they had a 16 yr old move into town?
    I think he would have a tougher time with a boy rather than a girl. It might be interesting if it were a girl. Have there been any crushes on the show yet?

I really like Greg. I find it so cute when he tries to cheer up the younger girls

I like him a lot, too. He is good with the younger kids and I like that.

Same here. He has been one of my favorites since I watched the first episode.
    Crazy Foreign Woman

I see Greg as a basically good-hearted kid who has many life lessons to learn, particularly about respect. He expects to be respected while giving no respect in return. He must learn the difference between bullying someone into not treating you disrespectfully and that person actually respecting you. True respect is not something you simply demand; it's earned. And the first thing necessary to earn respect is to GIVE respect.

But I don't fault Greg for being the way he is at this stage of his life. Respect is a life lesson that most don't learn until they are out of their teens and into the adult world, unlikely to be learned by a 14-year-old in 40 days.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2676179;
    I agree, and I actually think he will turn out just fine. I think some of his behavior could be due to being the oldest and biggest here, and with no adults here he probably feels that the younger kids should do as he says.
    From reading Blain'e profile, I see he's into action sports like my 14 year old son. Blaine is into surfing while my son is into skateboarding and snowboarding. These kids all have a very laid back personality. It goes with the lifestyle. I love that Blaine was able to break out from under Greg's shadow and show his strengths.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast