+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Greg

Re: Greg

I was very pleased that Greg got the star this week.
    His immediate response was that he now had college money, which I thought was wonderful.
    I think he's really turned himself around since the first week and if he only did it because he wanted to win money I still think it's more important that he did it, not why he did it.
    He also comforted the little girl who was crying after Markelle ripped her posters.
    He also offered a protective arm to Jimmy, which was admittedly rebuffed, so I think his attempts to comfort her and look out for the smaller ones are genuine.
    Last edited by fluff; 10-19-2007 at 07:15 AM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Regular

I'm so happy that he was awarded the gold star. Well deserved for all his hard work!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2618714;
    I was very pleased that Greg got the star this week.
    His immediate response was that he now had college money, which I thought was wonderful.
    I think he's really turned himself around since the first week and if he only did it because he wanted to win money I still think it's more important that he did it, not why he did it.
    I like this kid. I think his concern for the girl was real. And his determination to win a star was real. It's actually quite impressive. I know alot of teens who do much, much less to try to get to college.

I was also impressed that he had this goal and that it meant so much to him. He wants to have a successful life. He was humbled by winning the star and very emotional. His life perspective and self-worth will change immeasurably by this. I really wanted to give him a big hug.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

And for those who love him and those who think his real personality is the bully side we saw earlier (before the gold star was known of), this week will be a real test. I'm thinking you can only get the gold star once, so if he continues to be a "good guy" that will be a really positive sign.

FORT Newbie

I really have liked greg from the first episode. I know he has been unruly in a few episodes, but come on...He's 15!!! He's 15 and surrounded by a bunch of smaller and younger kids. I don't know about any of you, but when I was 15 I could barely tolerate 13 year olds, nevermind 10 and 9 year olds!!!!

I think Greg does want what's best for the town, however he sometimes forgets that you can be cordial and still get your point across.

Also, IMO Although Greg is a great kid, I don't see him being a front runner when it comes to great leaders.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by scromlette;2660161;
    I really have liked greg from the first episode. I know he has been unruly in a few episodes, but come on...He's 15!!! He's 15 and surrounded by a bunch of smaller and younger kids. I don't know about any of you, but when I was 15 I could barely tolerate 13 year olds, nevermind 10 and 9 year olds!!!!

I think Greg does want what's best for the town, however he sometimes forgets that you can be cordial and still get your point across.

Also, IMO Although Greg is a great kid, I don't see him being a front runner when it comes to great leaders.
    I was soooo hoping he would run for council. I think that he thinks that he couldn't be successful, but I think that if he ran and won, he'd surprise himself. He does have some bad ju-ju that needs to be worked out, but I think a leadership role may have done the trick. Ah well. There's still time.

I laughed to myself when he said he wanted to run for council. I think he has a good chance top win against wimpy Anjay.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;2673370;
    I laughed to myself when he said he wanted to run for council. I think he has a good chance top win against wimpy Anjay.
    I think so too, but I don't like his berating and bullying of Anjay. If I were Anjay, I'd use Greg's cruelty as a weapon in campaigning against him. Something along the line of, "You've seen Greg's temper and how he bullies people to get his way. If you put him in a position of power over you, he will only get worse, and any of you could be his next target."

Greg is a mixed bag. He shows maturity far beyond his years at times, but when he doesn't get his way, he acts like someone half his years.
    "Better to burn out than just fade away...." - Neil Young

I don't care for his bullying either but the show is getting too predictable for me. Maybe having him on the council will keep me entertained at least.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Greg confuses me to no end.
    He can be a bully, like he has been with Mike and Anjay, but then he can be very kind hearted, like he was with Randi this week when he carried her off to her bed because she was crying.

The gentle side of him is very endearing and I hope given time it will win out over the more aggressive side.
    If it does I think he'll turn into quite an impressive young man.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast