+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Greg

FORT Fan

Re: Greg

They're talking about the meeting when he told Mike (4 years younger) to get out of his face and then pushed him and poked at his face.

Greg wasn't totally at fault because he was trying to restore order and Mike was weird and totally losing it, but it was easy to see Greg liked being the tough guy and most good kids know not to push an kid 4 years younger unless you want to intimidate.

FORT Newbie

Well Mike was screaming very rudely in his face. I don't condone his pushing Mike but they were both wrong. I don't think he's a bully. He was the one that picked DK up and pulled him to town on the wagon. I also think his question to Jimmy was sincere and he did laugh along with everyone else to Jimmy's response so he appears to be somewhat self-aware.

Nick and Joe buddy ThatAintLove's Avatar

Mike was lacking the power to bring order to the town. Greg got up there and seeming tried but Mike got in his face and then Greg pushed him.
    "Torture him and make him stay."

Greg did a great job of killing the chickens. Just like my grandma did on a stump with a hatchet.

i found him on myspace and he accepted mee <33

Gamer Chick & Principal bearwme1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lonewriter;2540583;
    He'll be the bully of the group.
    He IS the bully of the group.

FORT Newbie

I was actually on Greg's side until last night. I mean, early on, he helped DK when he hurt his leg, he helped pull one of the wagons, and he tried to encourage Jimmy. I thought a lot of pple were unfairly pegging him as a bully just because he's one of the larger, older kids. Heck, I don't blame him for getting mad at Mike, he would have PO'ed me too. Mike's a petty, type-A jerk, quite frankly, like an unfunny and much less sympathetic version of Michael from "The Office". All Greg did was assert himself with a finger to the chin to remind Mike (who completely overreacted, IMHO) not to scream in the face of pre-teens and to wisely pick and choose his fights.

Then I tune in to see him rolling on some of the other kids to wake them up. I'm not sure if I'm expecting too much of a 15-year old to realize, "Hey, maybe I shouldn't roll on these kids, some of them aren't as big or heavy as me."

And calling that one girl a bitch? WAY out of line. Sorry Greg, but you've lost cool points with me.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Greg is a bad kid, I just think he can lead and be an inspiration to the group in more ways than just helping out physically. His help and expertise when it came to the chickens was great (and surely one of the reasons he was chosen for the show), and it was nice that he helped out with the outhouses and other such tasks. It's not his work that I take issue with, but what seems to be his prevailing attitude. He is in that oh so tough age range, when you are really starting to discover you independence and your place in the world and I feel he has gone the way of jerky, kid like behavior. Some of his actions have been more childish then demonstrated by the eight year olds, such as his paint rampage when they first broke into teams and his behavior listed in the post above. I would have been frustrated with Mike too at that first meeting, but being older, bigger, stronger and more experienced should have led him the way of reason and order, instead of intimidation. Michael demonstrated that style of leadership, it got results, the residents of Bonanza City respected him and he ended up getting the gold star the next week. I think the council would like to give Greg a gold star and I think he should get one eventually, but not just because he is bigger and stronger as they pointed out, but because he uses his age, strength and knowledge for bettering the town's spirit and emotional and civic spirit. He has all the tools, he just needs to focus them a little better. Like I said, I think he will get his gold star in due time, but he could do a little more, not physically, but leadership wise to earn the respect and appreciation of the others.

I think he's a bully and a brat. I also happen to like Mike and think he's pretty sharp for 12.

FORT Newbie

In general, I agree with tickerrose. I think if Greg gained some more focus and maturity, he could very well be another Michael. I think he could also get more support from the other kids there if he learned how to cool his jets.

Somehow I have the feeling Greg will NEVER be getting a gold star as long as Mike's around. You know what I'd like to see? Greg getting put on the council before getting the star. Mike's expression would be priceless!
    I do think the show's editing job tends to unfairly show Greg as a bully (and I actually bought into it!). He does stupid stuff and has a potty mouth (but show me a kid at that age who doesn't), but he's not a horrible kid (I've been around far worse ones, believe me). Also, the other kids don't like what he views as kidding around, and he appears to be the sort who gets very defensive when he thinks he's being personally attacked.

I don't know why pple act like they're not expecting these kids to not get into confrontations every now and then - it's what a lot of kids do. No, it's not right to push someone, but neither is it alright to scream in someone's face when they're only trying to help you. Mike had about half the blame in that situation, IMHO, but the media appears to be ignoring that.

And I *still* like Greg better then some of the other children on here.

Quote Originally Posted by tickerrose;2600124;
    Don't get me wrong, I don't think Greg is a bad kid, I just think he can lead and be an inspiration to the group in more ways than just helping out physically. His help and expertise when it came to the chickens was great (and surely one of the reasons he was chosen for the show), and it was nice that he helped out with the outhouses and other such tasks. It's not his work that I take issue with, but what seems to be his prevailing attitude. He is in that oh so tough age range, when you are really starting to discover you independence and your place in the world and I feel he has gone the way of jerky, kid like behavior. Some of his actions have been more childish then demonstrated by the eight year olds, such as his paint rampage when they first broke into teams and his behavior listed in the post above. I would have been frustrated with Mike too at that first meeting, but being older, bigger, stronger and more experienced should have led him the way of reason and order, instead of intimidation. Michael demonstrated that style of leadership, it got results, the residents of Bonanza City respected him and he ended up getting the gold star the next week. I think the council would like to give Greg a gold star and I think he should get one eventually, but not just because he is bigger and stronger as they pointed out, but because he uses his age, strength and knowledge for bettering the town's spirit and emotional and civic spirit. He has all the tools, he just needs to focus them a little better. Like I said, I think he will get his gold star in due time, but he could do a little more, not physically, but leadership wise to earn the respect and appreciation of the others.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast