+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kid Nation - About the show

Re: Kid Nation - About the show

remote goddess, no one is voted off. They only leave if they want to leave.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by greenbriar;2538220;
    all I can say is WHY are these kids NOT in school
    Do you think it just possibly could have been filmed over the summer-- it's not live tv you know.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The article says that they were out during school time, and that there were no tutors on the set.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan

I watched the morning shows. They were pulled out of school in April for filming. What is wrong with these parents?? Do they really think there kid is going to be a "star" on kid nation. I don't even remember former AI contestants from past seasons and 30 million people watch it. You see where are the contestants now every so often from that show. Let's see one is working in tanning booth. Vanessa from season one is doing puppet shows. IIRC,Vonzell is back at the post office where she worked before she was on the show.

There are way too many kids on the show to single them out. Even if you were able to remember certain ones you would forget them after the show is over.

I hope the show is benched and it treats the parents a lesson.

The producers said there were only a few incidents of kids drinking bleach. Umm.. One is more then enough
    Last edited by snarkattack; 08-23-2007 at 09:43 AM.

I don't plan on watching it live, but if CBS offers it via its website I will probably catch at least some of it.

The premise of the program really annoys me. Which is why I expect I will be hooked! LOL

Actually, I think these kids will have gotten a great deal of education from this experience that they could never have gotten in the classroom for that same period of time...

Looking over the "resumes", it doesn't appear that any of them will suffer academically... I do wonder why they wouldn't do it during the summer, but maybe there wouldn't have been any takers...

I still intend to check it out, but the show will have to capture me quickly...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

FORT Fogey

I'm a sucker for sociological experiments and this one hasn't been done in our country yet (on TV) so I'll tune in.

I have a feeling it may be cancelled before the "finale," though. It's just a gut feeling.

Does anyone know the point of this show? Will they be voting each other out of the nation, like on Survivor and Big Brother? Will they somehow be ranked according to how well they can sing like on American Idol? Will they do standup routines like on Last Comic Standing? Will the cutest boy end up taking all the girls on a series of amazing group dates and then hooking up with his favorite one after the journey's done, like on The Bachelor? Will they fight each other like on The Contender? Will they have the bachelor kid be really tiny like on The Littlest Groom? Will there be one really bossy kid who emerges, who has a really bad combover but lots of money and power, like on The Apprentice?

I'm not sure what the point of this new show is but I'm curious to find out so yeah, I'll tune in on the 19th.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy;2534281;
    I've been thinking about this and wonder just how much interaction there is between the kids and adults, because I'm sure there are plenty of adults around while this is being filmed, and since it's difficult for the producers not to have their fingers in every single thing that's going on, I don't know how 'authentic' the "40 Kids for 40 days with no grown-ups. Can they do it?" concept will be.
    Apart from the 4 hours a day they have meet with tutors....so they don't miss school (I think that's in the summer) and the limits as to how long they can be filmed each day....I expect the lawyers have already suggested the kids need training and supervision when cooking or climbing on ladders lest there be a huge lawsuit......

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna;2533803;
    I'm sure I'm not the first to say this, but . . . wow! It's Lord of the Flies, the reality show!
    I see one pig and I think I will lose my lunch......

FORT Newbie

this show is gonna be a hit

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast