+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 8/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fan
    i missed it!!!!
    gotta check for the re-run!

I want tim and piper together, he wants her baaaad still ... this was a fun final ep, wish mkg was there

Thank you so much, Joe Schmo writers, producers, etc., for all your hard work, and for the incredibly entertaining show last night (along with its entire season!).

I found myself shouting at the TV, while my heart was being squeezed, "Stop it, you guys. Tim's gonna cry! That's enough!" I was laughing AND crying! He really seemed to have fallen for Piper. That was painful to watch, poor guy. This show was so amazingly clever and well-written, I feel privileged to have watched each and every episode. The stuffed Montecore was hysterical, and every time they did a closeup on it I fell forward, laughing my guts up! The "Hi, I'm Austin Newton Rice" was too clever, cuz I think we all know people like that, and it added that extra "zing" to Austin's character.

How'd Spike TV get so lucky in finding Tim and Amanda and Ingrid, I'll never know. These are three of the sweetest people I've ever seen on TV. Tim is truly one of the most genuinely kind, "this is the real deal" kinda guys. And Amanda is just precious. Ingrid is beautiful inside and out. They took it all like the class acts they are.
    Last edited by Rumpshaker; 08-11-2004 at 01:06 PM. Reason: I spelled "Joe Schmo" wrong ... and that's not right! Hee-hee!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Fake Falcon was a riot ... looked like a 2nd grader used Elmer's school glue to affix the feathers.

Loved the reveal. What better way to stop a fake wedding than having the faux-psycho guy run in and proclaim everyone there is acting????

Thought at first that they weren't gonna give credit to Ingrid for her part, but then the Falcon Twist came through.

Tim did seem a little upset at first, but was a good sport about it all.

Glad all 3 got vacations in addition to the money.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Story

'Schmos' Make Peace with Faux-Reality Fame
    (Wednesday, August 11 11:55 AM)
    By Rick Porter

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) The original "Joe Schmo," Matt Kennedy Gould, was dumbstruck when he found out the reality show he'd just taken part in was all fake. His "What is going on?" reaction was so good, Spike TV still uses it in promos.

This year's Joe, Tim Walsh, wasn't quite as flabbergasted when the house of cards was revealed to him and fellow Schmo Amanda Naughton in Tuesday's (Aug. 10) finale. In fact, he was a little "pissed."

"It was definitely strange having just spent two weeks living with these people, getting to know them," Walsh says. "I sort of felt deceived a little bit, having now to [learn the cast's real names] -- you're like, 'Oh. Who are you?"

His initial reaction led to a few slightly tense moments when the cast -- in particular Valerie Azlynn, who played bachelorette Piper on "Last Chance for Love," "Joe Schmo's" fake show -- explained the ruse and their genuine feelings of affection for him. But Walsh, as he'd done throughout the shoot, got over it quickly. (The $100,000 he, Naughton and Schmo-turned-actress Ingrid Wiese each received probably didn't hurt either.) "They were just acting. They were doing their jobs," he says. "I can't condemn them for doing their jobs. So at first I was pissed, but eh, who cares? If you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at?"

Naughton, who replaced original Jane Schmo Ingrid Wiese after Wiese uncovered the fake show and joined the actors, says she originally agreed to try out for the show because it would make for a good story.

"My boss thought it was absolutely hysterical that I was being considered for a reality show and encouraged me to do it," she says.

Neither Schmo was overly eager to find love on the show; they instead went just for the experience. As Naughton puts it, "I'm a little skeptical about finding love when there are cameras around you at all times, and in two weeks. It's not exactly the love story I want to tell my kids about."

Walsh treated the show as the spring break he never got to take in college, when he played lacrosse and had to stay on campus for practice. "I was looking to spend two or three weeks in a house with a bunch of random people, make $10,000 [the show's appearance fee] and have spring break," he says. "Make some friends, have a great time."

On that front, both he and Naughton accomplished their missions. Their attitudes going may have also tamped down some of the suspicion they felt at various points during the show. Although neither of them put all the pieces together, they say there were certain things that made them wonder.

"When you walk into a room and two people who were just almost getting in a fistfight are now chum-chummy, you know, that strikes a chord," Walsh says, referring to a moment in which T.J. (Jon Huertas) and Bryce (Kevin Kirkpatrick) almost come to blows. Walsh walked in on them a few minutes later as the actors were out of character and joking about the scene.

During the almost-fight, Naughton also noticed a camera focusing on her.

"I was sitting in a chair by myself, curled up, just trying to be as quiet as possible and watching," she says. "I'm like, 'Why are you filming me? You should be filming them.' It was little things like that, but someone always had an explanation for me."

Wiese, Walsh and Naughton, who all live around Washington, D.C., have seen each other regularly since the show finished taping in the spring. They've gone back to their regular lives -- Walsh is a bartender who's working on opening a place of his own, while Naughton works in government relations for a fuel-information company -- and doubt they'll make a play at future TV work.

"My life is crazy enough as it is just in regular mode," Naughton says. "And I'm very lucky -- I love my job, I love the group of friends I have in D.C. I like being an everyday, average Schmo."

Chris

Tim is awesome, he handled every situation really well and seems like a really smart dude. If I was put in the same situation as Tim...i think i'd either be in tears because Pipper didn't really like me or running in shock off the set (After i took the money).

Schmo Wannabe
    I think more stuff happened with Tim than what we saw in the reveal. He seemed to take things fine as the show portrayed it, but something else must have happened when the cameras were off.

It still does frustrate me that the actors were not close to Amanda, Ingrid, or Tim (except for Piper). I don't understand how you could live with someone for a week or two and NOT feel an emotional attachment to them in SOME way. In JS1, you could tell the actors were speaking from their hearts at the reveal, but it seems like the actors really treated this as a job and nothing else. You can really see this in segments such as TJ and Bryce not staying in-character during the fight and Elanor making faces behind Tim's back.

So, now that the season's over, I liked the humore a lot better, but it will still never compare to Joe Schmo 1 and Matt Kennedy Gould.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple10X
    I think more stuff happened with Tim than what we saw in the reveal. He seemed to take things fine as the show portrayed it, but something else must have happened when the cameras were off.

It still does frustrate me that the actors were not close to Amanda, Ingrid, or Tim (except for Piper). I don't understand how you could live with someone for a week or two and NOT feel an emotional attachment to them in SOME way. In JS1, you could tell the actors were speaking from their hearts at the reveal, but it seems like the actors really treated this as a job and nothing else. You can really see this in segments such as TJ and Bryce not staying in-character during the fight and Elanor making faces behind Tim's back.

So, now that the season's over, I liked the humore a lot better, but it will still never compare to Joe Schmo 1 and Matt Kennedy Gould.
    I think you were watching the wrong show bud. All the "actors" (well maybe except "Austin") were emotional and definitely had a good connection with the schmos..... just because they didn't shed that extra tear like piper did doesn't mean they don't have an emotional attachment to the schmos in some way. I mean what do you want to happen? A passionate homo-erotic makeout session between Tim and TJ? Yeah I like to see that too but that's not going to happen :rolleyes

Great ending!

I loved the ending of the show. I think Piper/Valerie is adorable and Tim was obviously crazy for her. I also thought Eleanor and Bryce did a great job.

Amanda (Jane Schmo) has posted here http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...&pagenumber=16

Chris

+ Reply to Thread