+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 7/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Clipse
    This show is a spoof of all other reality shows. ... Thats the whole joke, if you are actually expecting a huge twist to happen then you are obviously not getting this show at all and don't understand the point of it.

well said, Clipse.

This show is basically a caricature of the reality show genre. They are exaggerating some elements from a whole bunch of reality shows (e.g., lie detectors, faxes, meet the parents, eliminate the minorities, dead grandparents, returning evicted contestants, banner plane fly-bys, etc. etc. etc.) -- but many of these are so silly when they were used on "real" reality shows that they actually make for great comedy in this send-up.

This is like a MAD magazine version of all reality shows.

Hoping there is a JS3 and JS4, I'd love to see a Survivor version of Joe Schmo. You drop one or two schmos on an island with a bunch of actors and subject them to cannibals, "poisonous creepy-crawlies", voodoo, witch doctors, etc.

I can also see a big city Apprentice-style Joe Schmo Show. Those yuppies were made to sell lemonade as their first project! That sounds like something Muggum and the gang would come up with!

Keep 'em coming, Muggum!

Get em Clipse! During the first few episodes of JS2 I thought there was no way it could be as good as the first but I've been enjoying these last few episodes alot.

I'd love to see a Survivor version of Joe Schmo.
    Funny you mention that...I was almost certain that was the reality show they were going to go for if there was another season...It would probably be harder to make Joe Schmo out in that format, but the producers of Joe Schmo seem to love a challenge..They chose Ingrid as a Schmo remember?

If you look back at JS1, JS1 was supposed to go for a couple more episodes but MKG caught one of the eliminated cast members sneaking back into the house that morning. The producers adjusted to this by having an elimination at lunch and then a reveal that night. This all made sense to MKG, when the elminated cast members came back to vote for the final winner (Hutch).
    I thought that particular situation in JS1 was actually Matt catching Ashleigh coming back into the house after one of her morning jogs. I don't think it had anything to do with any subsequent eliminations either.

I could be wrong. But I really don't think the Bryce/TJ/Gerald situation was quite as big a deal as what you suggest, though. I think it just got a bit of screen time because we haven't really seen a near-catatrophe in a while (thanks largely to Ingrid's actor-turn).

Quote Originally Posted by SuperHippo
    Like I said maybe the producer can clear this up for us at some point, or at least tell us who snuck back into the Mansion in JS1. (I've always wondered who it was).
    That info is on the DVD. Go out and buy it today. Support great TV by buying the DVD, that's my motto.

Quote Originally Posted by decan
    ok is it just me or am I the only one disappointed with this season's JS2?
    It's just you.

I mean when you say this is going to be best reality moment or the mother of all reality twists (so to speak) in those previews, I EXPECT nothing less!
    Have you missed the point that this show is a parody of other reality TV shows? Those shows are always hyping their eviction ceremonies so Joe Schmo is going completely over the top with the hype -- it's brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chaos
    Funny you mention that...I was almost certain that was the reality show they were going to go for if there was another season...It would probably be harder to make Joe Schmo out in that format, but the producers of Joe Schmo seem to love a challenge..They chose Ingrid as a Schmo remember?
    I still love the idea of doing a Surviorish Joe Schmo where the Schmo is the Host and has to try to control a bunch of wacked out contestants...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperHippo
    I'm pretty sure it was an on the fly decision in reaction to Bryce, TJ, and Gayrald getting out of character in their room. Maybe the producer who is lurking on this board could clear this up.
    I don't think it was an on-the-fly decision. It's all part of the Bryce stalking, Everet dying (cue sad music and Everet montage), Bryce returning, Monticor murder, Bryce being kicked off and Tim being reinstated plot line. Keep an eye on the Schmo BLOG, if I'm wrong I'm sure Muggins will tell us.

FORT Newbie
    ok is it just me or am I the only one disappointed with this season's JS2?
    Nope. I agree... Not for the same reasons as you, though. This week's episode was the first one that I thought was laugh-out-loud funny. I've been watching it more out of habit than anything else, while I was totally addicted to JS1 from the 2nd episode or so.

On another note, I think an Apprentice-style Schmo show would be hilarious. Think of the opportunities for sabotage for the Schmo's team members!

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    I have been thinking about this...

JS1, I originally thought, was a take-off on Big Brother, but now I realize it was more about being pampered in a mansion, sort of like Beverly Hillbillies (but without the Hillbilly).

For JS3 (or 4) I say they do a take on Big Brother, but with a Twist. Have 2 schmos, each in one house, across from eachother, and tell the contestents that they are being watched via Internet Feed (of course this will be a lie). This way, with the schmoes separated, we can have more actors, and more episodes. Then when the numbers get down to 3 or 4 in each house, merge them into 1 house.

I'm not sure that everyone at this board knows that this is a fake reality tv show, by the way a certain few people have been talking.

+ Reply to Thread