+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 7/5 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Clipse
    They look to have Ingrid played as the gossiper.

Tonights episode had me killing myself laughing again. The "Donkey Punch" line was out of no where and I was crying laughing. Also the Gerald part where he said "the irony wasn't lost on me" stealing a line from Ingrid was great. Torrens is great, I am so glad he is on this show. The idea to let Ingrid in on it was a good idea and the great part about this show is they aren't afraid to go all out. They tried something that could backfire so quick on them but at least they tried it. Thats what makes it such a great show.

Tonight was hilarious...great save on the show's part. I'm glad Ingrid is in on the game. They must of had the writers working all night.

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    I think it was definitely a good move to keep Ingrid and hats off to the producers for adding the extra challenge of bringing her in on the scam instead of taking the easy way out by dumping her. The new Schmo looks a bit easier to fool..so far. I hope they start showing more flaws in Piper because it seems like Tim is starting to develop feelings for her and having him heartbroken at the end would ruin the fun when the joke's revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by EXlurker
    I hope they start showing more flaws in Piper because it seems like Tim is starting to develop feelings for her and having him heartbroken at the end would ruin the fun when the joke's revealed.
    Why would that stop them? Why would it ruin the fun? Other dating shows have no problem breaking people's hearts when they get kicked off and it makes for some of the best scenes on those shows...

Allright! Last night I told you that muggum would explain why the episode was cut down to 60 minutes on another forum and here's the explanation.

The reason Spike didn't air the 90 minute episode was fear of it harming the ratings. The previous week, viewers started to leave the show around midnight, which indicated that they were going to sleep. The 90 minute episode would have ended at about 12:40 AM, which was too late for Spike's taste. When Nielsen/the media announce a show's rating, they use a number that averages viewers for the entire hour (or in this case, hour and a half). Spike didn't want that number to plummet.

He is trying to get them to commit to airing the 90 minute episode sometime this week. It's much better than the 60 minute version. It includes Matt Gould's appearance, Derek Newcastle's 'British Breakfast,' more Amanda and Ingrid, and a wonderful scene between Gerald, TJ, and Amanda where Gerald counsels TJ about how to pick up ladies.

So there you go. Know we all know the reason. And I really hope they show the 90 minutes episode this week.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamdez
    Allright! Last night I told you that muggum would explain why the episode was cut down to 60 minutes on another forum and here's the explanation.

The reason Spike didn't air the 90 minute episode was fear of it harming the ratings. The previous week, viewers started to leave the show around midnight, which indicated that they were going to sleep. The 90 minute episode would have ended at about 12:40 AM, which was too late for Spike's taste. When Nielsen/the media announce a show's rating, they use a number that averages viewers for the entire hour (or in this case, hour and a half). Spike didn't want that number to plummet.

He is trying to get them to commit to airing the 90 minute episode sometime this week. It's much better than the 60 minute version. It includes Matt Gould's appearance, Derek Newcastle's 'British Breakfast,' more Amanda and Ingrid, and a wonderful scene between Gerald, TJ, and Amanda where Gerald counsels TJ about how to pick up ladies.

So there you go. Know we all know the reason. And I really hope they show the 90 minutes episode this week.
    hmm, I'm also hoping for this 90 minute ep. I felt we got jipped out of it last night. I told all my friends to watch it because it was a special 90 minute episode and Matt was returning in some fashion, and when neither of those delivered, they called me a liar.

This was the best episode yet. They did just I thought and brought in a new Jane. She and Ingrid are two different people. She looks like she is there to have fun and not to question everything or everyone. But she did pick up on Ingrid and her telling of Cammy's secret. I think she's going to be a little weary on Ingrid. The "Meet the Parents" part was great. Nice casting of the Parents especially. Dad was strict and Mom was hot. Very believeable as Piper's parents. Gerald's dark secret was funny. It took me a second to realize that picture of what looked to be a woman was actually him. Then we come to Bryce and his dark secret was so funny. Now we all knew that at some point he was going to try his trick on Piper. And then Piper's Dad came out and said what Tim wanted to say. And that is Bryce's actions on the tape was creepy. Too much great moments to go into. The dad chewing out T.J. for kissing his wife. And their picking Gerald was a giving especially with his answers. By picking a "gay" boyfriend for your daughter. You lessen the chances that anything will happen between them that you would disagree with. T.J is a Player for sure, but he did say something at the elimination ceremony that most guys do and that is sizing up a girlfriend's mom. Piper's comment during the ceremony about crazy was a little dig about Bryce. When Bryce broke down, it proved to Tim that his opinion about Bryce was right all along. I hope next week we get to see more of Amanda and how she is taking to the show. I believe that she will take it all in stride. Great episode and it proves that the producers are back on their game.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Ranger
    hmm, I'm also hoping for this 90 minute ep. I felt we got jipped out of it last night. I told all my friends to watch it because it was a special 90 minute episode and Matt was returning in some fashion, and when neither of those delivered, they called me a liar.
    I couldn't stay up until 12:30 to watch it (actually- since wrestling was on it started 10-15 minutes later than usual) so I hope they rebroadcast it- even if it's in two parts. I agree with the producers there and I hope they figure it out. The one thing I noticed was that I thought last season it started earlier- my husband always watched it, but this time around he's had to miss it since it is on so late.

I am happy with them bringing Ingrid on board- great move for the producers. I also felt the cast seemed more relaxed since she wasn't scrutinizing every move. I thought it was a lie that they would let her in on it- but now I'm glad it wasn't.

Yeah, I was waiting for Matt. After I watched the first hour that I recorded, I was getting prepared for the extra 30 minutes and Matt. But that was not to be. I guess Real T.V. is more important that an extra 30 minutes of Joe Schmoe 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamdez

OK. so now it is up to us to email SPIKE and let them know that we want to see the 90min show before the next one.

Homer

+ Reply to Thread