+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Joe Schmo 1 vs. Joe Schmo 2

I love Dr. Chocolate
    Even though Tim was not too likeable, the show itself still had entertainment value.
    It's always entertaining putting someone in a stressful environment and watching them
    crack under the pressure.

The ending to Schmo2 was just as good, but the emotional high, like from the first show,
    wasn't there. It seemed rushed and diminished. Not a single actor shed a tear. And the party streamers seemed kinda weak to me. Probably because it was outdoors.

I think you got to look at as Joe Schmo1 is a elimnation show and Joe Schmo2 as a dating show. A dating show has more stereotypes than an elimnation show. How many stereotypes are on Survivor or Big Brother? There are some but not all the people are made into predetermined character. A dating show on the otherhand has all types of characters and stereotypes.

I think in the end they are just two different shows all together like apples and oranges. One was more of a together group cause they were in it for the same thing. Where two the guys were split from the girls and vice versa. They were after different things and the prize was a more serious one in two. Especially when Tim had real feelings for Valerie/Piper.

I still think one was better then two because MKG was great but would he have acted the same if he was on two and not one?

I love Dr. Chocolate
    On the second show, all the contestants were just fish in barrel, ready to get eliminated.
    They had no power to control the outcome, no reason to compete seriously. A survivor-type
    show just has more energy and more excitement.

Schmo Wannabe
    I agree with the previous posts that the ending for Joe Schmo 3 let me down.

As I had posted once early in the season, I missed seeing that interaction with Matt that the actors seemed to have. Piper was the only actor to really form an emotional attachment with Tim, and Amanda and Ingrid had no one. I guess that you don't want to hurt feelings, but I still felt kind of betrayed.

Schmo Wannabe
    I agree with the previous posts that the ending for Joe Schmo 2 let me down.

As I had posted once early in the season, I missed seeing that interaction with Matt that the actors seemed to have. Piper was the only actor to really form an emotional attachment with Tim, and Amanda and Ingrid had no one. I guess that you don't want to hurt feelings, but I still felt kind of betrayed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234