+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If Ambrosia is the Bitch then Joe Schmo is racist?

Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedONE

First off this guy never watched the show before. I swear people like this irk me so bad.

I could see if you were flipping through channels and saw her labeled as a bitch, you would wonder what's up...but if he would research the show and realize it's a parody...

Who knows, he'd probly still have a problem with it.
    Last edited by Wenders; 06-24-2004 at 08:53 AM. Reason: damn punctuation
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    Stith is a moron.
    That about sums it up.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

I echo everything everyone has said so far. There have been bitches on reality shows way before Omarosa. Jerri was white, should I be offended?
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I think what REALLY bugs me when I read about stuff like this is, the complainer hasn't even seen the show. You would THINK that if someone's going to fire off a complaint letter to the FCC, that they would at least watch the damn show first.

That happens much more than I'm comfortable with, and underscores this person's moronity (moronosity? moronism?).

I wonder how he would've defended rednecks if he saw Hutch described as "the A--hole" in the first season?

However, a United Methodist minister and former U.S. ambassador to Tanzania is a fair stereotype of someone who is difficult, unreasonable, and a treacherous person not to be trusted.

:phhht
    Last edited by getreal; 06-24-2004 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeWayne Wickham of USA Today
    It is one thing for a female competitor on a reality show to call another one a "scheming, conniving bitch," but it's something else for a television show to brand a black woman with that ugly handle.
    Oh my god, way to miss the point... she's not being branded a bitch, that's the character she's playing. She's an actress you twit!!! :phhht

The guy misses the point that the show is parodying other stupid reality shows, which cast by stereotypes: a bitchy black woman or an angry black man.
    Joe Schmo 2 producers did the same thing when they made sure that the first people were eliminated were minorities.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Goodbye to High Society
    Quote Originally Posted by getreal
    However, a United Methodist minister and former U.S. ambassador to Tanzania is a fair stereotype of someone who is difficult, unreasonable, and a treacherous person not to be trusted.
    This makes me think that I'm overqualified to become Ambassador to Tanzania, at least under the Clinton administration.

Wow, this is really bad. This reminds of the article that was posted here (not sure in what forum) about how black women are made to be "the bitches" on shows. They cited examples like my girl Omarosa and my other girl Camille (America's Next Top Model). Now, where that article had some truth to it, this is just an idiot who doesn't realize that Ambrosia is an obviou parody of Omarosa, and also of the other black women of reality TV who were made out to be bitches.

Quote Originally Posted by colby_d
    ... Ambrosia is an obviou parody of Omarosa, and also of the other black women of reality TV who were made out to be bitches.
    I agree that Ambrosia is a parody of Omarosa (who happens to be a black woman). I disagree about the last part of your statement, however, as I would think that it is certain women of any ethnicity who wind up being portrayed as "beyotches".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast