+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 6/15 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Watching from Outer Space SpaceCase's Avatar
    I caught the first Joe Schmoe in reruns, and couldn't believe how much I liked it. Was so glad to see they're doing it again.

I absolutely love the "behind-the-scenes" glimpses of the actors on there way to meet the Schmoes, as well as all of the dish they're telling us as we go along. Like "Gerald" saying he was thiiisssss close to saying "You're on the Joe Schmoe Show" to Ingrid and Tim - could totally feel for him.

So far I like them all, and am curious to see more from "The Weeper" and "The Bitch" - especially when I read somewhere that they modeled the latter after Omarosa. So far "The Stalker" is my favorite - from his completely ignoring everyone at the very beginning, to the frog present, to the hypnotism, he had me hooting out loud the whole time.

Is it just me, or does "Austin" just seem really, really nervous all the time? Maybe I'm just reading him wrong.

I think someone said that Tim was there on his own "Spring Break" and that's a perfect descripion. That Ingrid is a smart one, though - I wonder if that "agent" line the extra fed her (and I can foresee someone never getting called for an audition with that production company ever again - yowza!) had her on the look out for weirdness, and that's why the speeches seemed more rehearsed to her.

In all, looks to be a great season. Can't wait to see what happens next week!
    Outer space is no place for a person of breeding. -Lady Violet Bonham Carter

I'm really buggin that I can't watch this season, my stupid cable company had switched the SpikeTV channel to an annoying music channel.

I had loved the first season of JS. Would anyone be willing to tape all the episodes for me??
    Something I wasn't sure of, but I was in the middle of, Something I forget now - Keane, This is the last time

Quote Originally Posted by lamonte
    Bryce is a total NUT- JOB, I love that guy!!!
    He's going to be the most interesting character it seems. And I wouldn't be surprise if Tim goes up against him to protect the women.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    who on here is a schmo-er from last season??

Didn't that thread get incredibly huge?? I remember it being very popular.

Seemed like this was going to be more hoppin'
    Hey Mr. Bob Dobolina

Count me in as a schmo-er!

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by DementedMinx
    I'd still rock Ralph's socks off.
    Hey, I remember you from last year. Still haven't gotten over Ralph, have you?

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ahecht
    Muggum (Rhett Rhese) and Smarmy Host (Ralph Garmin) have both said that they will not post here this season, do to the falling out with the board admins last year. They are, however, posting over at the other board with an active Joe Schmoe thread. You know, the site that is a community of users of a certain popular PVR device?

Sshhhh, maybe we can talk them into coming here. The Fort had a lot to do with the success of the original Joe Schmo!

Chris

Smarmy Host mentioned that muggum and the producers did indeed give money to a childrens charity, so they were not hypocrites. That would have sucked if they had not.

I thought that the 'minority joke' was a little forced and didn't really need to be in there. It was smart to have bit players just for the day, to kind of confuse the Schmo's.

Chris

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Funny episode!
    Here's a few observations:

The black balls and minority picks. How funny! Both of them were like.."What the??"

Ralph's hair and goatee!! Omg, can we get anymore yellow?

The drunk girl..yea, very funny charactor! But, seriously..you knew she was going because there's no way that anything would be taken seriously if he kept her there. But she was fun while her charactor lasted.

My favorite person is the stalker guy. His role is funny!! Hope he doesn't get axed too quick, cause they can have total fun with that role.

Ingrid cracks me up with her "holy crap, how cheesy!!" chuckle she does when Ralph says stupid things.

I liked the show so far. Had me laughing.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

well i'm one of the original joe schmo-ers

haven't gotten a chance to watch the new one yet because i was watching detroit finish off the lakers

but it's tivo'd, and judging from the replies here it should be fun when i watch it

hmm, wonder if getreal will bless us with some characatures this season

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Funny episode!
    Here's a few observations:

Ralph's hair and goatee!! Omg, can we get anymore yellow?
    Reminded me of Scott Peterson.

Did anybody else notice Austin's speech during the gift exchange: "please accept this half-hearted necklace..." Har! The writers have written this so cleverly, you HAVE to watch it over and over to catch it all.

I'm trying to figure out who will be eliminated and in what order. Frankly, most of the actors are so great and the characters so fascinating, I hate to see any of them leave. They could have such fun with them all. Having said that, I didn't see enough of Eleanor yet to know what her character is up to, other than being told she's the "weeper".

The woman playing Cammy is smarter than anybody thinks. When Ingrid said it sounded rehearsed, she could have gasped and stuttered. Instead, she beamed brightly and said "thank you! as though she were receiving a compliment. Perfect deflection.

Still, Ingrid seems highly suspicious. I'm sure they prepped the cast for this possibility. I wonder what they'll do if Ingrid catches on? Let her go? Recruit her to join in their deception? I should think the latter would be risky as who knows if she can act? Looks like we're on thin ice in this regard right now.
    Last edited by wendiness; 06-16-2004 at 02:10 PM.

+ Reply to Thread