+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 6/15 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie
    Dammmnn! Cammy is bangin! The 2nd season is going to be just as great as the 1st. I cant wait for JS1 to come out on dvd, and hopfully we will get to see Brians ass uncensored!

Quote Originally Posted by g0ogles
    Dammmnn! Cammy is bangin! The 2nd season is going to be just as great as the 1st. I cant wait for JS1 to come out on dvd, and hopfully we will get to see Brians ass uncensored!
    Yes, I didn't think that this season was going to be as good as the last, but I think this is going to be really good. Looks like there is going to be a lot of f'ing up going on, which is always entertaining.

I bet that Cammy's surgeon would be very happy with your compliment.

I'm liking Ingrid ... looks like she's gonna keep Muggum on his toes ...

Ingrid ain't no dummy, that's for sure. The girl got some brains.

I wonder why they weren't worried about them recognizing Ralph? I recognized him almost instantly. They must have tested the 2 they picked by having them meet Ralpha (as Derek) to be sure that wouldn't ruin the show right away.

FORT Newbie
    They're lucky I wasn't cast... I too recognized Ralph immediately, and after about 15-20 seconds of thought knew where I'd seen both Jana and Gretchen. I'm a little stunned that the producers wouldn't go out-of-their-way to cast complete unknowns. Either that, or as part of the pre-screen they conclude that neither Schmo has ever heard of SpikeTV, let alone seen any of it's programming.

I wish them luck... from the teasers, it looked like the Jane side of the equation might come apart next week...

Quote Originally Posted by Tarkus
    They're lucky I wasn't cast... I too recognized Ralph immediately, and after about 15-20 seconds of thought knew where I'd seen both Jana and Gretchen. I'm a little stunned that the producers wouldn't go out-of-their-way to cast complete unknowns. Either that, or as part of the pre-screen they conclude that neither Schmo has ever heard of SpikeTV, let alone seen any of it's programming.

I wish them luck... from the teasers, it looked like the Jane side of the equation might come apart next week...
    I wouldn't have reconized Ralph, and I wouldn't have recognized any of the other actors from their small parts in tv in movies. However, I do think that Ralph's mannerisms (and walk), and the way that the end kicking out things goes is just a little too recognizable.

I think this season is going to be very good, I love Bryce the Nut, and Ingrid she's hot and smart. I didn't recognize the host but, there are two actors that I've seen in movies before the actors who portrays "the Playah" and the the lady who plays "the Bitch".
    But, since the Schmos didn't notice then I guess it doesn't matter. It's gonna be a great season anyway!!
    "Be confident in your abilities, be true to your beliefs, work hard for your benefit, accept your responsibilities, and never settle on being average."

Couple of thoughts so far.

I think it's genious for SpikeTV to re-air the show immediately afterwards. We're here with some pizza & beer, and my first thought afterwards was that I wanted to watch it again and see what I missed.

I also think that last time around the show was really just sorta testing new waters as far as the intentions of the show were concerned, and it was the fact that MKG was such a decent guy and such a great "character" that they pulled off one helluva show. This time, though, the show seems air-tight by comparison. The quality of the actors has been kicked up a notch, the events on the show itself seem to flow a little better with a lot less downtime (maybe it's just the editing), and I like the insights from the production staff that help cement the punchline of a gag (like the explanation behind the minorities' early eviction).

I like the new Schmos. Tim seems like an entertaining guy--where MKG might have held back in a situation out of politeness, Tim cracks up anyway, but does it in such a way that he doesn't mean to offend anyone. A perfect example is his reaction to Bryce's announcement about his "crush". In a way, Tim seems even more "real" than MKG.

Ingrid's a bit of a wildcard on the show, I think. Where Tim seems to take everything in stride in the spirit of having a good time, I think Ingrid is a little more skeptical of what's going on. Which is not to say that she's any more paranoid or any smarter than Tim--she just seems to be a little less easy-going than he is, and the hesitation that Ingrid's showing seems to give her a little more time to really think about the situation around her. Where Tim muffled his laughter over Bryce spying on the hot tub and told his true thoughts in his confessional later, Ingrid seems more likely to address that sort of situation at the time, really calling into question what's going on.

As far as the cast goes, I was worried that "Gerald" (Jono!) was going to be way over-the-top in that desperate Canadian comedian sort of way. To my surprise, he almost seems like the glue that's keeping it all together. He quickly called Ingrid out on her interrogation of the other potential competitors (something which was threatening the success of the show before it began), and he also really seemed to deal with the particular situations he was involved in well. Hell, even on the sidelines he never seemed to lose focus at all, and has, as such, almost taken on the "buddy" role, as Tim has turned to him several times for the "what the hell was that?" reaction. Where I thought Jono would blow it all by being unrealistic, he's in fact sold himself to Tim as a believable character already.

I also love "Ernie" for a lot of the same reasons. His back-and-forth with Derek over the Shakespeare quote was perfectly done--I can't imagine the timing or the respective deliveries going any better.

I'm not too sold on Ambrosia, who (and this isn't a race issue) seems like the "Gina" of this season. By that I mean her inexperience in improvisational acting is showing through very early on. Where "the Moron" played well against Ingrid's suspicions, the Ambrosia actress didn't really seem to know what to say--it also seems like it happened again later during the clips from the next show. Maybe I'm nitpicking, but I guess it's because the actors this time around are that damn good. Hell, that Bryce guy was awesome.

Anyway, yeah, can't wait for the next one. I was worried I'd be disappointed with the show this time around, as I figured there was no way they could top what they did with the first. I'm totally f**king wrong, I guess, and I'm thrilled.

i was here for the first joe schmoe! the first episode was great .... i loved how they picked off the minorities first, then they had the producers say they always lose first so they did that as a paradody, that was funny, even ingrid caught on and said she didn't like that ....

ingrid is a smart girl, she already is saying she thinks something is wrong .... like she's on the truman show, so she figured it out after the first episode ...

the guy who plays gerald? is well known in canada, he did a show called street cents, hosted a show called jonovision, does stand up comedy and has a part on a cable show "trailer park boys" ... i like how everyone was drinking beer and his gotta be gay character is drinking espresso

the pearl necklace thing was great ... "can i give you a pearl necklace?" "i'd love for you to give me a pearl necklace!" the male joe schmoe couldn't stop laughing everyone time they said pearl necklace!

+ Reply to Thread