+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 6/15 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Muggum!

nice to see ur post here ..... i really enjoyed talking to you guys on fort last year .... this year's show looks even better! hope you decide to stick around ... good luck w/ this year's show!

This season is set to top last season, there are so many hilarious moments it's hard to count them all...
    Black balling the minorities, what a great elimination ceremony.
    The gifts were outstanding, the topper was the mouse eating frog (followed closely by Cammy's cell phone).
    I have to agree with Tim, the Lapdance for Love might be one of the funniest things I ever seen. I've watched it four times and have had tears coming out of my eyes each time.
    The Pearl necklace elimination ceremony was so over the top I almost wet myself.
    Ralph Garman as Derek Newcastle is hilarious, I hope none of the people involved are lactose intolerant with all that cheese being thrown around.

The shots of Joe and Jane rolling their eyes and cracking up have me wondering how much that happens on other reality shows but gets edited out...

I watched this this morning, the first episode of Joe Schmo I've ever seen. I was giggling all the way through it. It was funnier than I expected.

Everyone was hilarious. Tim looked like he was going to cry he was laughing so hard during the Pearl Necklace elimination ceremony. And the Stalker was VERY good at his role.

Ingrid definitely thinks there's something wonky going on.

John, welcome to the Schmovolution!

Chris

Welcome to the dark side, John.

Since this is supposed to be a reality show, I think Ingrid is just waiting for some sort of huge twist or surprises that normally accompany these type of shows..I honestly don't think she has figured out this is the Joe Schmo show, nor do I think she ever will, despite the Truman show comment. I could see her suspecting a couple of the players as actors..But thats it. I don't think she'll be able to put all the pieces together. And to be perfectly frank, even after the first show I'm starting to think she could have possibly auditioned to play Ambrosia. Tim? I love the guy already.

Thank you for the warm welcome, Mr. Payroll.
    Last edited by Dr. Chaos; 06-19-2004 at 10:09 PM.

Schmo Wannabe

Newcomer

Hey,

I watched Joe Schmo I and freaking loved it (I'm buying the DVD as soon as I get off of work on Tuesday). I thought JS2 wouldn't be that good, but I was greatly surprised.

The one major problem that I have with the show right now is that it seems the focus is not on Tim or Ingrid, but on the actors playing the other roles. In JS1, I really connected with MKG, and I just cannot see myself connecting with Tim (who seems kinda average) or Ingrid (who seems kind of annoying by questioning everything).

Don't get me wrong, I loved the first episode of JS2, but I'm hoping that we see more character development within the Schmos to make the viewer really sympathize with them. After all, we are watching the show for the Schmos, right?

Anyways, I'm new and I hope to be posting here often.

Triple10X

Triple10X!
    Yeah, I loved the first one and I'm loving the second one as well. I think they are doing the second one a little different in order to not risk vulnerability. With the first Schmo, it was hard to watch without hindsight. I love the concept and their incredible writing. It really doesn't get better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple10X
    Anyways, I'm new and I hope to be posting here often.

Triple10X

and remember only 1 post per day!

Chris

I caught the replay tonight. This was my first time watching. Very funny with a lot of great characters. I really like Ingrid. From watching her expressions, she definitely thinks things are a bit strange, then there was the whole speach issue and Truman show comment. She had those producers nervous! I love watching her reaction to everyone's actions. I will definitely enjoy watching as the season progresses.

It's fun to watch the producers freak out.

+ Reply to Thread