+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 6/15 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by getreal
    How could I NOT?
    Bless you, Dogg.
    This looks like an interesting bunch ripe for caricature.

Yeah, get to it! We can hardly wait!

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam
    Good show, good parodies, again. And the acting is a lot better this year. I also find it relieving that Ingrid and Tim--while still in the dark about the show's premise--are laughing at the ridiculous moments involving the host and other "contestants." Last year it just wasn't funny (for me) to watch poor Matt take a lot of this stuff seriously. If Ingrid and Tim can continue to laugh through the show, I'll keep laughing along with them.
    So I take it this year you don't think that Ingrid & Tim are 'in' on it?

Chris

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!

Can't think of anything to put here

I'm a Schmoer from last year. I, too, was worried this wouldn't live up to the show I enjoyed so much with Hutch and the rest of a fabulously funny cast...but it does. And it may even prove to be a wee bit better. I have to tell you, I did a bit of chuckling throughout the show but when the carrot and the drunken rabbit emerged...I was honking like a goose. Fabulous. I love it. Can't wait to watch it progress.

Aye..Did'nt think it was possible but I just became addicted to this show all over again..

So far I really like Ernie the 'heir". He doesn't seem be the funniest nor the most interesting character but I just can't help but like the guy. I was pretty good at predicting right on most of the eliminations last year...So I hope I'm wrong when I say either Bryce or Ernie are going to get the boot next week. I wonder how far exactly they are going to go with the whole Stalker thing...I loved Tim's commentary on Bryce..Hes already convinced hes nuts.

Dr. Chaos

Chris

FORT Newbie
    While I have seen Rhett (Muggum) occasionally on the TiVO boards, he is also keeping an official blog -- yes, it accepts comments -- during the show's run. Since I am a new poster, I cannot post a link to it, but you can get to it pretty easily from SpikeTV's Joe Schmo pages. (If a veteran poster wants to post the link and cannot find it, PM me.)

In addition to talking about the premiere, the latest blog entry indicates that he is out on location, and mostly away from computers, so I doubt he will be spending much time on any forums for a while.

I just saw a rerun of this yesterday. Now I wished I had watched the first season. This is hilarious. The strip contest was definitely my favourite part.

Tim does seem like a bit of a prick at times, but let's face it, Bryce's character is suppose to freak him out, that's all part of the actor's job. I'd be a little scared of him too. I love how he and Ingrid are laughing through the process. Ingrid seems like one smart cookie who's also a lot of fun. I think she'll take it in stride once she finds out.

I agree that if the Joe and Jane fall in love that'll be kind of cruel. I wonder how the producers will navigator through that whole situation. Maybe they'll direct the situation in a way to diffuse the romance, with their cheesy lines, comedic moments, and the characters as a distraction. I mean face it Tim seems to be paying more attention to Bryce than Piper right now, and who can blame him with the interesting characters they put in.

Anyways, now I can't wait until the next episode!
    "Just kiss my toes and I'll be happy." - Dex

Quote Originally Posted by makerc
    I just saw a rerun of this yesterday. Now I wished I had watched the first season.
    Well, the DVD comes out next week. Check your local video store (or get it from NetFlix).

Oh, and the SchmoeBlog is at http://schmoblog.spiketv.com

FORT Fan
    For the record, John, I didn't hit the road out of spite, or because you closed the Joe Schmo 1 thread. It's just my opinion that you guys run this site with a bit of a heavy hand (see your post in the Ambrosia thread for one example). That's your right as owner and moderator, and I would never dispute it. I also don't begrudge you your style. It's your site... do whatever you want! I just prefer posting in places that give people a little more freedom to post willy-nilly without adhering to too many moderator-imposed rules and regulations.

It's a big internet, and there's room enough for everyone! Good luck with FORT.

Rhett

This show seems as though it has the potential to out do the first one. Ingrid does seem to be on gaurd and questioning things like the eviction ceremony. But it appears to me that she doesn't watch too many reality dating shows. Everyone knows that you have to be prepared with your speech. It might be what helps to sway the person to keep you on a little longer.(Hey, miracles do happen .) I'm just loving the Bryce, Tim and Gerald triangle. They feed off of each other and I think that will make for interesting episodes in the future. Also love the comment that Tim made about Gerald's gift to Piper as he was about to present his. " I was told to bring a gift from the heart, not a gift from Walmart." A great put down and yet it wasn't too mean. Can't wait for next week episode. I think Ambrosia going head to head with Ingrid will keep her mind from wondering about other aspects of the show. Great show. Best "reality show" on t.v. at the moment and the most "real" for sure.

+ Reply to Thread