+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 6/15 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by DementedMinx
    I don't know if it's the actors or the writers, but someone is hamming it up with the stereotypes way too much. That's one of the reasons that I don't think that this is going to work very well this time.
    I think they're purposefully doing that for the irony. I personally think it's working. It's SOOOO over-the-top that it almost doesn't seem real, yet these people want to be on a reailty TV show so badly, they'll give the producers the benefit of the doubt. I took it as "dark" humor, and thought it was hysterical!

It'll be very interesting to see if anyone catches on (or lets on that they know). Ya know, this is very similar now to Faking the Video, isn't it? Some of the things they do in that show make me cringe, too, thinking "they're gonna blow it!" but they do a great job manipulating the situations.

Can't wait for the next one!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Watching from Outer Space SpaceCase's Avatar
    Could someone enlighten me - who is "Muggum" from JS1? Sorry to hijack, just curious. Thanks!
    Outer space is no place for a person of breeding. -Lady Violet Bonham Carter

Muggum is Rhett Reese, one of the producers of the show. He hung around last season, when we only had a thread and not a forum. But I think he got mad when we tried to shut the discussion down after the show was over, like we do with every show discussion (always have, and always will), and isn't returning here this season out of spite. His loss, as far as I'm concerned, but not my problem.

Brian also hung around last season, but since he's writing recaps for the SpikeTV official site, I doubt he will again this season.

Watching from Outer Space SpaceCase's Avatar
    Thanks, John. I couldn't remember a character named "Muggum" and I was completely confused. And you're right - his loss if he doesn't return.

OK, back to the JS2 hijinx...
    Outer space is no place for a person of breeding. -Lady Violet Bonham Carter

Do you guys think they made Camy do the "vote for camy" thing because on the last episode of the bachelor they had a girl (Julie) who was a cheerleader and when she accepted she did a little cheer, i wonder if that was a parody of that episode.

i loved how when bryce the stalker got out of the car and everyone said hi he ignored them, and when ingrid asked what his name was he totally ignored her! ha, only person who i don't find very good so far as an actor is ambrosia, aka gina

Quote Originally Posted by kerin34
    Pearl necklace... OK that was classic. My buddy Kev and I were pretty much in the same state as Tim was. I don't blame Ingrid for getting wise though - it's kind of far-fetched to think that all the producers/writers/editors of the show this is 'supposed' to have WOULDN'T have caught and killed a turn of phrase like that. Not in the US and not since that whole Janet Jackson thing, anyway.
    The first "gift" given to the women to stay on the Joe Millionaire show was a pearl necklace, I cracked up then...
    Last edited by Danger Bunny; 06-17-2004 at 02:42 PM. Reason: fix a typing mistake...

Quote Originally Posted by Rumpshaker
    It'll be very interesting to see if anyone catches on (or lets on that they know). Ya know, this is very similar now to Faking the Video, isn't it? Some of the things they do in that show make me cringe, too, thinking "they're gonna blow it!" but they do a great job manipulating the situations.
    It's not just a coincidence that FtV is similar to JSS. Danny Salles, the producer of Faking the Video, was also the director of Joe Schmoe 1.

Oh! You're kidding? Well that's interesting. Thanks ahecht!

Danger Bunny .... your avatar ... is freakin' me out!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Hahaha, I love the little rumpshaker av.

Hee! Thank you, DM!

+ Reply to Thread