+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 6/15 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Lots of funny things had me , but

"Lap dance for love" had me , thinking about the Bob episode on the Bachelor where they asked all girls on a group date to dance for him (and where Mary had some hot moves).

I also loved the way they cut the show at the falcor twist where the camera went from person to falcon to person to host to person in a rapid series of clips.

This promises to be another great season, but they have to watch it with the

I missed the premiere, but I'm sure they'll replay it to death
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Quote Originally Posted by mrpayroll
    Hey, I remember you from last year. Still haven't gotten over Ralph, have you?

Chris
    Heh heh, yeah... I'd still tap that ass.

This Joe Schmo is so very "schmo-ish"...how can THEY not "smell" the "schmo" in the air? Right from the beginning with that over the top entrance to the first parody? It's all too familiar!

Good show, good parodies, again. And the acting is a lot better this year. I also find it relieving that Ingrid and Tim--while still in the dark about the show's premise--are laughing at the ridiculous moments involving the host and other "contestants." Last year it just wasn't funny (for me) to watch poor Matt take a lot of this stuff seriously. If Ingrid and Tim can continue to laugh through the show, I'll keep laughing along with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    I taped this episode and it was so funny I had to watch it twice. I have MANY thoughts, so bear with me.

First of all, I'm shocked this thread is only 4 pages long. C'mon people - this is the hottest thing going!

I really need to get some sleep, so I'm going to just quickly string my thoughts together, and they won't make sense to anyone who didn't see the show.

Gerald with a hard "G". You may catch me referring to him as J-Roc, his 'Trailer Park Boys' persona. Cammy "the Moron". They sure like to call it like it is. She's terrific. I love how Ralph (I mean Derek) enters to fanfare (loved the sidecar), and Ingrid is continually cracking up at his cheesy lines. She's one smart cookie. The big guy, Ernie, is great. His line in the limo: "I just wet myself." He would have seemed an obvious choice for a black ball, but I hope he hangs around awhile. They apparently briefed the 6 day-players on what to do, but that one girl very nearly blew it. I love the "Most Shocking Elimination Ceremony Yet" line - ABC are you paying attention? Rita seemed too over-the-top to me, glad she went first. Tim wondered if she'd been sniffing glue in the limo. Ralph starts the gift-giving scene: "Thank you for your courtesy laughter." One of the funniest bits: Cammy gives Austin her cell phone. So he can call her. (On what? ) And after Ingrid presents her gift, Cammy wonders who Madeleine Albright is. Gerald gives a less-than-manly gift, then off-camera says: "Planting seeds in the garden of gay, hoping Tim would water them." Bryce gives a frog, which Tim describes as vicious. (I hate frogs, and I've never even met a vicious one.) I wonder if they really adopted a bunch of kids for a year, or are those just photos of the producers kids? "Lapdance for Love" was pretty entertaining. Tim seemed a little leery of Gerald at that point, but they bonded later. I split a gut at the "Falcon Twist." The cheesiness just keeps on comin'. A monetary prize is introduced, which must be kept secret from Austin and Piper (hereafter known as A&P) a la 'For Love or Money'. Ernie and Ingrid have their hot tub date with A&P, while the rest of the guys bond. Bryce is hysterical. Tim: "How did this guy pass the psych test? He's 'Cruiser' from Stripes. You can see the mice in his head." At the eviction ceremony Tim was totally losing it at every mention of 'pearl necklace', causing me to choke on my cheese and crackers. (I wonder if I can sue for damages.....) Cammy doesn't like the intense talking stuff: "Vote for me! I'm Cammy!" Austin decides Rita isn't serious enough for him, so Ralph (sorry) Derek directs her down the Trail of Tears. At least she's not 'dead to us'. But it ends with Ingrid feeling like she's on The Truman Show, and thinking Cammy and Ambrosia sounded rehearsed.

I can't wait for next week! Thanks J-Roc, for doing we Canucks proud.
    WOW!!!! That is the BEST recap of an episode I've ever read! Thanks so much, Qboots! And I hope you'll keep it up throughout the season.

Luckily I couldn't sleep last night, so I stumbled across a rerun of the first episode of Schmoe 2. Laughed so hard I woke up hubby. He ended up laughing just as hard as I was. We really loved last year's show and have been looking forward to the new season. It's just amazing they're pulling this off again! The characters are wonderful and those little zinger puns are hysterical! You really have to pay attention to catch them all, and I love the challenge. Definitely a must to videotape or Tivo so you can watch it again and again. We both would have recognized the host immediately, but he seems to be fooling them really well with the new disguise. And OMG! I thought Scott Peterson, too, with that yellow beard and hair! Ewwwww.

LOVE the show! It's sick and twisted and so unoriginal it's original (does that make any sense?)
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Sunnyone, I'd suggest you check out the Urban Dictionary (google it).

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg
    hmm, wonder if getreal will bless us with some characatures this season
    How could I NOT?
    Bless you, Dogg.
    This looks like an interesting bunch ripe for caricature.

Quote Originally Posted by ahecht
    Sunnyone, I'd suggest you check out the Urban Dictionary (google it).
    Thanks. Someone posted a link (which has since been removed- probably due to the content ) but I caught it before it was gone.

I don't know if it's the actors or the writers, but someone is hamming it up with the stereotypes way too much. That's one of the reasons that I don't think that this is going to work very well this time.

Second of all, there is no lovable Schmo, like Matt. Tim is obviously somewhat of an ass, the way that he made fun of Gerald's voice by the pool. I can see Ingrid turning out to be a major bitch within the next couple of eps, plus she's already suspicious of everything. Matt was a great stand-up type of guy, plus he was a bit clueless. Everyone loved that, and these people just aren't as likable.

I can't remember... how did that model in the pool from JS1 mess up when they were doing that jumping in the pool thing for a challenge? She said something really bad, it freaked everyone out, remember? They need to get smarter models, if there is such a thing!

+ Reply to Thread