+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 6/15 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by skynet5000
    This pearl necklace thing is hilarious. It's dirty, but still believable... good writing. But, judging by the ending it looks like one of them has already almost caught on!
    I guess I'm a little slow, but I didn't catch anything funny about the pearl necklace- can someone fill me in on what was said to make it funny? I kept wondering why the guy kept laughing.
    I did get the "Please accept this half hearted necklace" part from Austin- that was funny!

FORT Newbie
    Hey all...
    Just found this website while searching for other people who appreciate 'Joe Schmo' as much as I do. I was a huge fan of the first series and I just finished watching the premiere of the second.

Hi-freaking-larious. They'd better watch that cheese, though. Ingrid's a pretty smart cookie. They won't be able to get away with the same stuff they pulled on Matt - who, shall we say, was a 'simpler' man.

Pearl necklace... OK that was classic. My buddy Kev and I were pretty much in the same state as Tim was. I don't blame Ingrid for getting wise though - it's kind of far-fetched to think that all the producers/writers/editors of the show this is 'supposed' to have WOULDN'T have caught and killed a turn of phrase like that. Not in the US and not since that whole Janet Jackson thing, anyway.

Loved the 'falcon' and how everyone screamed in fright when it swooped in. How wonderfully stupid.

Is this horrible to say? I don't like Tim. An observation based on only one episode, true. But I really loved Matt and I like Ingrid so far. But Tim... meh. Not so much.

Kerin

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    That was funny. I like Cammy.

I wish the drunk (Rita?) didn't get eliminated. She was also really funny.

I didn't think Rita was very believeable or funny as a drunk and I would think it would be hard to keep it up. I liked when Ingrid said "She needs her butt padded with charmin because she keeps landing on it."

Quote Originally Posted by kerin34
    Hey all...
    Just found this website while searching for other people who appreciate 'Joe Schmo' as much as I do. I was a huge fan of the first series and I just finished watching the premiere of the second.

Hi-freaking-larious. They'd better watch that cheese, though. Ingrid's a pretty smart cookie. They won't be able to get away with the same stuff they pulled on Matt - who, shall we say, was a 'simpler' man.

Pearl necklace... OK that was classic. My buddy Kev and I were pretty much in the same state as Tim was. I don't blame Ingrid for getting wise though - it's kind of far-fetched to think that all the producers/writers/editors of the show this is 'supposed' to have WOULDN'T have caught and killed a turn of phrase like that. Not in the US and not since that whole Janet Jackson thing, anyway.

Loved the 'falcon' and how everyone screamed in fright when it swooped in. How wonderfully stupid.

Is this horrible to say? I don't like Tim. An observation based on only one episode, true. But I really loved Matt and I like Ingrid so far. But Tim... meh. Not so much.

Kerin
    to the FORT, kerin34.

This is my first time watching JS .. I thought the premise was mean last season, but I caught a couple of the shows and I was
    I saw most of the show last night but I fell asleep before the 'pearl necklace' ceremony - I'm sure I would have been in the same state as Tim. They replayed JS over and over again last season - I hope they do the same thing this season because I just HAVE to see this again!!

p.s. Sunnyone if you want to know the joke behind the pearl necklace you are going to have to do some research .. I doubt anyone here will choose to enlighten you.. this site is PG13 after all

eta: or maybe Maveno will
    Last edited by Duxxy; 06-16-2004 at 02:27 PM.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by mrpayroll
    He's going to be the most interesting character it seems. And I wouldn't be surprise if Tim goes up against him to protect the women.

Chris
    Bryce is great but I think Muggum has been the most interesting character so far... well, at least it's interesting to see more of him injected into the show as an additional character.

Of course, part of me hopes that he's actually the schmo...

Producers: "We've secretly replaced Rhett's schmos with two actors. Shhh... let's see if he notices..."

Writers & Producers in mini-van crew meeting: "Okay Ingrid, today we want you to let slip that you think everything seems a little too rehearsed."
    Ingrid: "Can I say something about 'The Truman Show'?"
    Writers & Producers: "Golden. Now Tim, play it straight today we've got some good stuff planned for you later but for now let's just sprinkle some bread crumbs... and remember we need to have a camera on Rhett at all times. Let's get those reaction shots!"

Ace
    Hi, Folks:

I'm brand-new to the site, as well (although I've been lurking for a while).

Love Schmo 2 so far (and I did watch Schmo 1 - I'm a reality junkie). Count me among those who didn't recognize Ralph.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace
    Hi, Folks:

I'm brand-new to the site, as well (although I've been lurking for a while).

Love Schmo 2 so far (and I did watch Schmo 1 - I'm a reality junkie). Count me among those who didn't recognize Ralph.
    Ace.

Ace
    Quote Originally Posted by Elle
    Ace.
    Thanks, Elle.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpayroll
    Count me in as a schmo-er!
    Chris
    Was also here for the original (reason for getting an account at FORT). It's amusing to look back at the old posts and speculation on the format for JSII:

For JSII I'm curious if they'll focus on the Schmo part or try and retain the Lap of Luxury format. In some ways it would be interesting to see them branch out into something like "Joe Schmo Millionaire".

Joe is busy trying to be something that he isn't and meanwhile the women (consisting of twins and triplets who are model/actresses... yes, we're skewing to the Spike TV demographic) provide the writers with a buffet of opportunities.

Personalities: "So, you're 21 and you've been married 3 times. That's... interesting."
    Drama: "Girls, girls, no need to fight over me... okay, if you must."
    The Pimpin' in the Hot Tub interviews: "I can't believe this, these girls are hot and I swear one looks exactly like Tawny Roberts."

... oh well, no twins/triplets. We'll have to wait and see on Tawny Roberts.

+ Reply to Thread