+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Derek Newcastle - "The Pompous British Host" (Ralph Garman)

Derek Newcastle - "The Pompous British Host" (Ralph Garman)

[IMG]images/img/js2_derek.jpg[/IMG]

Derek was the host of the original British version of "Last Chance for Love." He's now "crossed the pond" to host this American version and hopefully earn the respect his countrymen obviously wouldn't give him. A pompous, self-absorbed Brit, he's given to name-dropping about any British superstar with whom he's rubbed elbows, particularly if their name starts with 'Sir' or 'Dame.'
    Derek is portrayed by Ralph Garman. Garman is the only returning cast member from the original "Schmo." Garman has an extensive career in both television and radio, and is currently the comedic part of Los Angeles' top radio station's morning show, KROQ. He's also provided various voices for the Fox animated comedy "Family Guy," had appearances on "NYPD Blue," and a recurring role on the soap opera, "Days of Our Lives."

They really made Ralph look totally different.

Great make-up job on Ralph.

Derek Newcastle
    "That's Numberwang!"

Wow, incredible job on Ralph. Now I can see why he was able to pull of the 2nd season of Joe Schmo.

We really are privileged here in Los Angeles, to be able to hear him on KROQ 106.7 every morning. He does so many impersonations, that it's incredible. Of course we all know it's him, because of his outrageousness.

Chris

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    I have met several Derek Newcastles each one trying to regain the Empire working in ex-colonies and yes they all view the US as one tragic incident at Saratoga away from still being part of Britania.....

I know they needed to change up Ralph's look, but I had a crush on the 'real' Ralph.. I miss him... But the show must go on.

Oh, I just had a great idea for Schmoe 3. Everyone is an actor except the host! Make it a contest type show (survivorish) and he has to deal with a bunch of whacked out contestants on his show. From complete morons who can't follow directions in the eviction ceremonies, actresses (and an actor) coming onto him and tying to get him to fix the show, props that never work properly, cheesy lines that he has to recite that get changed at the last minute, unexpected results (the "Hutch" not getting voted off), they could just warp his mind during one-on-one interviews, etc.

+ Reply to Thread