+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ingrid, aka "Jane Schmo"

Original Jane (Ingrid, if it's you) where are you going to be watching the finale tomorrow? (I'm not asking for the address or anything, just "in a bar", "at home", etc.) and who are you going to be watching it with? If I was part of this I'd be thinking cast party!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Original Jane
    It turned out to be a fun and very positive experience! And thanks for calling me a smart cookie... I consider myself lucky to have been on a reality TV show and walk away with this reputation.

Thanks-
    Ingrid, it's so good to have you on this board! Well done on the show, both before and after your reveal! I've seen you denegrate your acting skills in at least one interview, but I still don't see where you've made any major blunders (certainly not as big as the boo boos that led to your figuring out that something was very amiss). Can we expect an Ingrid mistake in the finale? Or are you just too hard on yourself? Or did your mistake(s) end up on the cutting room floor right along with MKG's appearance?

Also, I was wondering how life is for you and your fellow Schmos in D.C. nowadays? Spike has kept Amanda and Tim pretty quiet during the show's airing. I caught you guys on Spike the other night and it was nice to see you all interact without wild and crazy things going on all around you (relatively speaking). Are the three of you close? Do you all watch the show together? Are you finding it as hilarious as the rest of us?

Sorry for all of the questions. I just LOVE this show and appreciate that your intellect really kept the actors squirming and working extra hard for those first several days (I hope they all forgave you!). Best of luck with your political aspirations. Do you have anything brewing that you would care to share with your fans?

Schmo-Turned-Actress
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger Bunny
    Original Jane (Ingrid, if it's you) where are you going to be watching the finale tomorrow? (I'm not asking for the address or anything, just "in a bar", "at home", etc.) and who are you going to be watching it with? If I was part of this I'd be thinking cast party!!!
    Hey there!

Tim, Amanda and I are all watching the finale together at Adams Mill Bar in DC where Tim works. None of us have seen the final episode, so we will surely be on the edge of our seats. I'll try to post tomorrow and tell you how it all went!

Look forward to more twists and a lot more laughs in this final episode. I laughed so hard I fell off the couch.

INGRID

Schmo-Turned-Actress
    First of all, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by jlplsss
    Ingrid, it's so good to have you on this board! Well done on the show, both before and after your reveal! I've seen you denegrate your acting skills in at least one interview, but I still don't see where you've made any major blunders (certainly not as big as the boo boos that led to your figuring out that something was very amiss). Can we expect an Ingrid mistake in the finale? Or are you just too hard on yourself? Or did your mistake(s) end up on the cutting room floor right along with MKG's appearance?
    I am hard on myself, I guess. I felt so uncomfortable in so many of the very scripted dramatic moments on the show that I just stared or looked like a statue. (For example, Eleanor's coupon book, Bryce's blow-up regarding Everett, dinner with Austin's parents...) I was paralyzed with the fear that I was going to mess everything up. But once the tension was eased, I had no problem being myself while still following scripted story lines. So overall, I feel like my acting was mediocre because it just wasn't consistent. I'm no professional and the editors were kind to me. As far as I know, there is nothing too embarassing on the cutting room floor. But we will have to see what they dig up for the DVD.

Also, I was wondering how life is for you and your fellow Schmos in D.C. nowadays? Spike has kept Amanda and Tim pretty quiet during the show's airing. I caught you guys on Spike the other night and it was nice to see you all interact without wild and crazy things going on all around you (relatively speaking). Are the three of you close? Do you all watch the show together? Are you finding it as hilarious as the rest of us?
    Life for me is normal and every day. Except for the occasional promotional event that allows me to frequent New York City. I've done a fair amount of radio and newspaper and I rather enjoy the excitement of this part of the adventure. But it will all be over soon and then life is back to being dull. Tim, Amanda and I are close. I really enjoy them both. Amanda is so positive and filled with energy. Tim is like a supportive brother. I couldn't have asked for two cooler people with which to have this experience. We get together at least once a week and we talk on the phone a lot. I was just thinking today that one of the best parts of this show has been meeting Tim and Amanda. We all have learned to laugh at the show and really enjoy watching it together, although the first couple shows were awkward... It takes a while to get used to seeing yourself on TV. Tim and Amanda have been great sports!

Sorry for all of the questions. I just LOVE this show and appreciate that your intellect really kept the actors squirming and working extra hard for those first several days (I hope they all forgave you!). Best of luck with your political aspirations. Do you have anything brewing that you would care to share with your fans?
    I'm interested in starting a foundation that funds international media advocacy campaigns with network and reality TV show dollars. I'm still in the research process, but I'll fill you in when something more substantial develops.

Enjoy the finale... I can't wait to see it myself!
    Last edited by Original Jane; 08-10-2004 at 04:35 PM.

FORT Newbie
    "international media advocacy"

What is that?

FORT Newbie
    Hi Ingrid!

Just wanted to say I really enjoyed watching you on the show. I loved the fact that you did notice all the crazy things going on around you. I think thats a great quality. I think things should be questioned if they seem out of the realm of reality, and thats exactly what you did.

Hopefully its a great finale and I hope Tim and Amanda are not crushed to badly when they find out.

Wow! What a total sweetheart you are, Ingrid, for taking the time to post here and answer questions from your fans. That speaks volumes of your kindness and beautiful personality.

Looking forward to the finale tonight! I'm anticipating a major twist. Mu-ah-ha-ha-ha!!!

Please stick around after the finale to answer more questions. I'm sure we'll have a ton!

Edited to add: Oh yeah ... and hope you're not offended by my "nice rack" comment on page one of this thread. Hey, woman to woman, me speaks the truth! Hee!!!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Original Jane
    Tim, Amanda and I are all watching the finale together at Adams Mill Bar in DC where Tim works. None of us have seen the final episode, so we will surely be on the edge of our seats. I'll try to post tomorrow and tell you how it all went!
    If DC wasn't about 2,300 miles away I'd stop by... It sounds like it'll be a blast.

I have a question since you're hanging out with Tim and Amanda and would be in the know (assuming you can say anything), is there anything going on between them? There seemed to be a little something something between them on the show... That would be so cool, the fake reality dating show does what the real shows can't, end up with a real romance.

Ooo, I have another question. Once the joke was revealed to you and you got to know the actors, who has the largest juxtaposition between the actor and the character? Who do you have the hardest time seeing them as themselves and not their character.

Quote Originally Posted by Danger Bunny
    Ooo, I have another question. Once the joke was revealed to you and you got to know the actors, who has the largest juxtaposition between the actor and the character? Who do you have the hardest time seeing them as themselves and not their character.
    Excellent, excellent, excellent question, Danger Bunny! I'd love to hear an answer for that!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Ingrid, I was a little disappointed after you turned "actress", only because in the first couple of episodes, you really were shown talking to Tim quite a bit, and becoming close. After the incident, they either didn't show much more of you two chatting, or it didn't happen. There was the chemistry of friendship there, and it was a little bit of a downer not getting to see that continue to get shown...

+ Reply to Thread