+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ingrid, aka "Jane Schmo"

FORT Newbie
    Joe Schmo was probably taken off the official website during casting. She may have just looked at that site and did no further research.

Quote Originally Posted by hunshucker
    Joe Schmo was probably taken off the official website during casting. She may have just looked at that site and did no further research.
    Unfortunately, I beleive that with the character of Ingrid, she would not let it drop. I am sure there are more references to Joe Schmo than just the official Web Site.

Homer

First of all, INGRID, If you are reading this, let me make this clear. I have the nothing against you. I think you are funny, smart, unique, and of course, attractive.

I did not beleive all the hype at the beginning about you knowing before hand. But, with a strong charatcter that you posess, I believe that you investigated more than you now say.

a tidbit from you latest transcript:

vernonwells: Q: I read earlier that after you saw Stone Stanley on your contract you Googled it. How could you not notice they had done Joe Schmo 1 before? They have a lengthy bit about it.
    SpikeTV_Ingrid: Such a great question and I'm so glad someone asked it because I have been reading the chat forum and wanting to respond. I made a mistake. I looked up Stanley Stone and not Stone Stanley so the only references that I came up with were from people's resumes.

SpikeTV_Ingrid: I didn't actually get on the Stone Stanley website. So I Googled the casting director, the production company (which was a false name), and as many of the company names listed in the contract. With all of this - I still didn't come up with Joe Schmo but I wasn't really looking for it - I was looking for a reality TV show about dating.

SpikeTV_Ingrid: There is a chance I could have seen the icon and passed over it because I didn't know what the show was. I tell you now, honestly, I had never heard of Joe Schmo I before I came on the show.

OK, so it is possible that you did come up with something, but you did not further investigate it because you were looking for a dating show reference.

IF it was me casted on a show, I would have tried to investigate as much as possible. Espicially since nothing like "last chance for love" which was supposed to come from a British Show, does not exist.

Please Ingrid, respond to set me straight. Convince me.

Homer

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Homer
    First of all, INGRID, If you are reading this, let me make this clear. I have the nothing against you. I think you are funny, smart, unique, and of course, attractive.

I did not beleive all the hype at the beginning about you knowing before hand. But, with a strong charatcter that you posess, I believe that you investigated more than you now say.

a tidbit from you latest transcript:

vernonwells: Q: I read earlier that after you saw Stone Stanley on your contract you Googled it. How could you not notice they had done Joe Schmo 1 before? They have a lengthy bit about it.
    SpikeTV_Ingrid: Such a great question and I'm so glad someone asked it because I have been reading the chat forum and wanting to respond. I made a mistake. I looked up Stanley Stone and not Stone Stanley so the only references that I came up with were from people's resumes.

SpikeTV_Ingrid: I didn't actually get on the Stone Stanley website. So I Googled the casting director, the production company (which was a false name), and as many of the company names listed in the contract. With all of this - I still didn't come up with Joe Schmo but I wasn't really looking for it - I was looking for a reality TV show about dating.

SpikeTV_Ingrid: There is a chance I could have seen the icon and passed over it because I didn't know what the show was. I tell you now, honestly, I had never heard of Joe Schmo I before I came on the show.

OK, so it is possible that you did come up with something, but you did not further investigate it because you were looking for a dating show reference.

IF it was me casted on a show, I would have tried to investigate as much as possible. Espicially since nothing like "last chance for love" which was supposed to come from a British Show, does not exist.

Please Ingrid, respond to set me straight. Convince me.

Homer

Hmm, it seems you and I have opposite reactions as to what we would do if casted on a reality show.

Myself, I would not do any researching at all, I would want myself to be surprised at the ongoings during the game.

I'm pretty sure Matt Kennedy Gould didnt do any researching, and his reactions were priceless, some of the best of TV.

Canada Ranger,

I agree that it makes for a much more interesting show if the reactions are real aka. MKG

But, MKG had no research that he was able to do. Joe Schmo did not exist before him. Even if he had wanted to look, nothing would be found.

A quick Google of Joe Schmo now hits around 67,300 references. Now I relize that the was hidden from the joes2. But still, alot of info now.

Homer
    Last edited by Homer; 08-04-2004 at 03:35 AM.

FORT Newbie
    She's contradicting herself now. First she said she googled Stone Stanley and only came up with "The Man Show," now she claims to have googled Stanley Stone. Something is fishy here.

Schmo-Turned-Actress
    She's contradicting herself now. First she said she googled Stone Stanley and only came up with "The Man Show," now she claims to have googled Stanley Stone. Something is fishy here.
    Well Hello Homer, hunshucker and Fans of Reality TV !

I am happy to put this argument to rest. I tell you now that I had NO previous knowledge of the Joe Schmo show before hearing the words on the night of my reveal. I'm sorry if it seems like I am contradicting myself, the truth is that it was so long ago that I do not remember everything exactly as it happened.

I can tell you, that when I was offered the opportunity to go on the show I had NO information about the program except for some bogus production company name. I'm not a suspicious person, but I wanted to know what I was getting myself into. After all, I was not supposed to tell anyone anything and I was boarding a plane for two weeks to an unknown destination. Has anyone ever heard of White Slavery? -forget my concerns about becoming an Average Jane-I was more concerned I was going to be sent off to Saudi Arabia to become an underpaid sex slave.

When I googled the production company, I got a few hits on peoples resumes but no official web-site. Not surprising since the production comapany name was a fake! I was told I was going to be doing a show for MTV productions, so I looked on the MTV web-site and discovered that most casting calls for MTV required people be under 26 years old. Does that mean that people over 26 don't watch MTV? Does that mean I am immature for being 31 years old (I just had a birthday) and still wanting my MTV?

I even googled the names of everyone I met in relation to the casting call I went on in LA, and that is where I discovered the names of other shows Stone/Stanley had produced. When I arrived in LA to start filming, I had a few days in a hotel room with a 30 page contract that had several names and companies I could google. I googled Stanley Stone, instead of Stone Stanley--but I didn't keep at it because I didn't know that the answer to the mystery would be found in this name. I just kept digging in other areas (which should teach us all a lesson about being more thorough).

Somehow I was pegged for being this suspicious individual and really I was just scared, nervous and maybe a little insecure. Truth be known, I was convinced that I was not your typical reality TV contestant and I was just waiting for the hammer to fall--for me to get kicked off or be made a fool of... Does that make sense?

I hope this answer finally clears up this question... But if you still need to be convinced then by all means, keep digging!! And watch the finale tomorrow night because more humor and twists are yet to come...

INGRID WIESE

Quote Originally Posted by Original Jane
    INGRID WIESE
    John, do you have any evidence that this is the real Ingrid Wiese?

If this really is Ingrid,

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Original Jane
    I was more concerned I was going to be sent off to Saudi Arabia to become an underpaid sex slave.
    INGRID WIESE
    What do you consider to be a fair wage for a sex slave, and do you take credit cards . Just kidding - and welcome.

Schmo-Turned-Actress
    What do you consider to be a fair wage for a sex slave, and do you take credit cards . Just kidding - and welcome.
    $100,000.00

Thanks for the welcome!

+ Reply to Thread