+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ingrid, aka "Jane Schmo"

xSKATExORxCRYx
    Also, she may not have seen Joe Schmo 1 but there are lots of other shows out there that try to "trick" people -- like Candid Camera, as she mentions, or Punk'd or the Jamie Kennedy Experience...

So she may not have seen the first version of this show, but I think a lot of people would start to question the 'reality' of a situation when TOO many things seem suspicious.

I personally identify with her, because I think I would be having the same thought processes as her -- and to be honest, I think her figuring it out made the show MORE interesting, because now we get to see more behind-the-scenes panicking!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Well, I'm curious as to what EXACTLY she's going to get out of doing this now? Maybe I missed it, or didn't read it posted already... but as far as I know, she's not getting anything now.

Why not?

Or does she get paid to be an 'actress' instead of being the "Jane Schmo"?
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    ...does she get paid to be an 'actress' instead of being the "Jane Schmo"?
    Yeah. They offered her $100 Gs if she can portray the character of "Ingrid" until the end of the show without blowing it. That was during the reveal when Ralph -- ahem, Derek -- offered her the script outlining the characters and plot points.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Ahh..ok! Thanks getreal! I actually tuned in right when they were offering her the script. They must have offered that before handing it to her. I missed it by mere, remote control nanoseconds!

Well, that's cool then! I'd rather do that than be the Jane Schmo.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by getreal
    That was during the reveal when Ralph -- ahem, Derek -- offered her the script outlining the characters and plot points.
    If that had been me, I would have not taken the script. Not being an experienced improv actor it would be easier to just continue to be myself and take directions on what to do from the producers then to try to follow a script. She isn't playing a character, she's playing herself, why would she need a script? All she has to do is be herself but drop the paranoia...

Quote Originally Posted by Danger Bunny
    If that had been me, I would have not taken the script. Not being an experienced improv actor it would be easier to just continue to be myself and take directions on what to do from the producers then to try to follow a script. She isn't playing a character, she's playing herself, why would she need a script? All she has to do is be herself but drop the paranoia...
    I think the script was used to tell her where the other characters are coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    I think the script was used to tell her where the other characters are coming from.
    That's my point, I wouldn't want to know. Just let me react to their antics. Not being an improve actor I wouldn't want to know the joke before hand. Spontaneous laugher is very hard to fake. I'll drop all the conspiracy theories, just tell me what you want me to do.

I took this from the chat transcripts with Ingrid off of Spike TV webb site.

With all the talk about if Ingrid knew before: this one got me thinking the most...

MoJoeSchmo: When you were in auditions, did they tell you this was a Spike TV production, or a Stone Stanley Production?
    SpikeTV Ingrid: No, they actually told us that it was an MTV production. When I signed the contract, it said Stone Stanley. I took that information and did some research but didn't come up with Joe Schmo... but I did come up with The Man Show and Shop Til You Drop.

My question is: How could cross referencing Stone Stanley NOT come up with any info on Joe Schmo.

I thought at the beginning that there was no way that Ingrid knew anything, now after reading the transcript, I think Ingrid was aware and actually looking for any simularities regardless of what she says.

hope I'm wrong.

Homer

Another tidbit from the chat transcript:
    Agent0042: If you could have been one of the characters on the show and not a Schmo (Turned Actress), which one would you have been, if any?
    SpikeTV Ingrid: That is an awesome question. I think I would have most enjoyed being the Gotta-Be-Gay Girl.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Homer
    I took this from the chat transcripts with Ingrid off of Spike TV webb site.

With all the talk about if Ingrid knew before: this one got me thinking the most...

MoJoeSchmo: When you were in auditions, did they tell you this was a Spike TV production, or a Stone Stanley Production?
    SpikeTV Ingrid: No, they actually told us that it was an MTV production. When I signed the contract, it said Stone Stanley. I took that information and did some research but didn't come up with Joe Schmo... but I did come up with The Man Show and Shop Til You Drop.

My question is: How could cross referencing Stone Stanley NOT come up with any info on Joe Schmo.

I thought at the beginning that there was no way that Ingrid knew anything, now after reading the transcript, I think Ingrid was aware and actually looking for any simularities regardless of what she says.

hope I'm wrong.

Homer
    quick google of stone stanley....
    first thing that comes up is the stone stanley website...showing all of his shows, including joe schmo

+ Reply to Thread